No announcement yet.

Utopia (2911/311)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK I haven't seen this episode yet (I'm American...) but I have a question...

Did the Master take the Doctor's hand and then get his Timelord Body, or did it happen the other way round?

(He knows enough about biology and DNA that he could have used some of the Doctor's DNA to get timelord traits again...)

And Sylvester McCoy's Doctor often looked at a "fob watch", so, yes it does connect to "older" Dr Who.
    "That's what you get for dicking around"--Col. Jack O'Neill

Comment

Hmmmm.... How did the Vote Saxon poster end up in 1941 (in the episode Captain Jack Harkness of Torchwood)? Curious.

Mattathias

Comment

Originally posted by docballen View Post
        OK I haven't seen this episode yet (I'm American...) but I have a question...

Did the Master take the Doctor's hand and then get his Timelord Body, or did it happen the other way round?

(He knows enough about biology and DNA that he could have used some of the Doctor's DNA to get timelord traits again...)

And Sylvester McCoy's Doctor often looked at a "fob watch", so, yes it does connect to "older" Dr Who.

Okay, I've now seen this episode.

It's excellent. 10/10.

And I haven't seen any "Life on Mars", but I think John Simm is going to be excellent as the Prime Minister of England.
        "That's what you get for dicking around"--Col. Jack O'Neill

Comment

Jacobi was brilliant. Captain Jack was brilliant (although the opening scene did not match up with the Torchwood end scene at all). Hearing Ainley's voice was great.

However I am wholy disapointed by John Simms. In that last minute I realized that someone had outcamped Eric Roberts (who now comes across as freaking Oscar worthy after seeing Simms). The campiness, the lines, bleh. I wanted a menacing Master, not a campy figure.
          Rush rocks.

Comment

I didnt see the master as camp, but rather the same sort of zany person the doctor is, except more menacing.

Comment

Originally posted by the_fours View Post
              I didnt see the master as camp, but rather the same sort of zany person the doctor is, except more menacing.
              Exactly, he has the Doctor's same manic energy and from the trailers he's just as evil, Delgado and Ainley's Master's were silent-movie-moustach-twirling villan's Simm's bought him up to date

Originally posted by docballen
              And I haven't seen any "Life on Mars", but I think John Simm is going to be excellent as the Prime Minister of England.
              At least we now know how Sam Tyler got to the 70's

Comment

After watching this episode (finally ), Ive gotta say, wow!

Woot! The Master!!!

I have a theory though, on how The Master survived the events of the 1996 movie (its canon Who, dont fight it people). Can a timelord copy their consciousness aswell as re-write their DNA? Its possible The Master we saw was a copy with The real Master still in non-existance thanks to the Eye of Harmony/Heart of the TARDIS.

I wasnt to sure about John Simm taking over from Eric Roberts. I think they should have kept Derek Jacobi to fly the TARDIS back to 2007 and then regenerate him into Simm.

9/10

(I wonder why The Doctors hand didnt start going mental when it was around The Master? It did when The Doctor came back at the end of Torchwood.)
                Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
                  (I wonder why The Doctors hand didnt start going mental when it was around The Master? It did when The Doctor came back at the end of Torchwood.)
                  Because it reacts specifically to the Dr because it's his hand? As opposed to being a general Time Lord detector?
                  sigpic

Comment

You got it ok then Billz

Comment

What I find interesting about the Next Week trailer, is that the US president seems very pro-UNIT.

This is odd, given that 99.99% of US politicians are vehemently anti-United Nations.
                      Last edited by BruTak; June 19, 2007, 07:56 AM. Reason: Me being an idiot and posting my original post in the wrong thread...
                      sigpic
                      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0 View Post
                        Hmmmm.... How did the Vote Saxon poster end up in 1941 (in the episode Captain Jack Harkness of Torchwood)? Curious.

Mattathias
                        It didn't. The poster is seen right before the switch takes place from the presen to 1941, than it becomes a "Kiss the boys goodbye" poster.
                        Methinks.
                        Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                        Yes, I am!
                        sigpic
                        Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                        Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                          It didn't. The poster is seen right before the switch takes place from the present to 1941, than it becomes a "Kiss the boys goodbye" poster.
                          Methinks.
                          Yeah, that's right/
                          sigpic
                          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                            It didn't. The poster is seen right before the switch takes place from the presen to 1941, than it becomes a "Kiss the boys goodbye" poster.
                            Methinks.
                            Thanks. I was trying to rewatch the episode to find it again.

Mattathias

Comment

Ok, this is just so funny.

Two Irish girls watching the last three minutes or so of "Utopia" on Saturday night.

CAUTION: Contains strong language!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=KLnk-A1OkKk

If you know either of the young ladies in the video, please get in touch.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                                Ok, this is just so funny.

Two Irish girls watching the last three minutes or so of "Utopia" on Saturday night.

CAUTION: Contains strong language!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=KLnk-A1OkKk

If you know either of the young ladies in the video, please get in touch.
                                There were similar scenes in my house on Saturday night. But why would you want to film yourself watching Who? Boggles the mind.
                                sigpic
                                "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Working...
                                X