Utopia (2911/311)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you!! Greens!

Professor Yana just revealed his true identity. Oh, it was great!

---

And it's over! Holy crap! That was freaking awesome! This, of course, coming from a guy who's seen about 3 Doctor Who episodes in total (but read up on the rest)! Music, again, was fantastic; both actors who played the Master were brilliant, and the little hints leading to the reveal were VERY well placed and very nicely revealed when the dots were connected. The Regeneration sequence was just frightening, really. Those purple eyes totally freaked me out. Next week's episode is going to be fun, no doubt.

The only downside: The Futurkind sucks. I hate HATE these stereotypical neanderthal/raving lunatic enemies. So...boring. Luckily though, they'll be gone by next episode, because I know most of it takes place in modern day, I think.

Anyway, awesome episode. Can't wait to see the next one!
    Last edited by PG15; September 17, 2007, 07:59 PM.

Comment

It was great to see Capt. Jack back.

The unveiling of the Master.....brilliant! Professor Yana's transformation from a gentle Professor into a psyhopathic villain was eeire.

And I agree, the musical score was fantastic!!

And the bantering and dialogue between the Doctor and Capt. Jack was hilarious.
      Proud Thunker of Carson Beckett and John Sheppard
      and Captain Jack Harkness
      Creator of The Rockett - Rodney & Beckett Thread
      Priestess of the Lab Coat Love Association
      Proud owner of the chant *sigh..swoon..faint..Thunk!*
      I live here.....Calling All Australians?
      My other home...Stargate Down Under
      My Life on LiveJournal

Comment

Good episode. I was so thrilled to see Captain Jack.

Poor Martha...had to listen to talk of/pining for Rose again.

The Master is wicked. I'm excited to see what happens next. Next Monday the CBC is playing the 2 final episodes back to back. Ordinarily I'd be happy. But the final episode is on the same time as the Heroes Season 2 premiere. And I'm not home Monday evening to watch one and tape the other. Thank God the CBC has the Doctor Who episodes online so I don't have to wait until November to rent the boxset.

Comment

OH MY GOD WHAT AN EPISODE!!!

I LOVE John Simm. Wow. Was not expecting to see him in this episode. The madness is just..... Just awsome. He's like a little kid! And the fob watch! Never saw that coming- my reaction was *cough* possibly similar to that of the girls in the video mentioned a few pages back. The hand! The flirting! The music! Wow was the music ever fantastic! The Jack/Doctor conversation! Jack takes off his jacket cause he looks good! Derek Jacobi! The regeneration! Did I mention the flirting?

*sigh* So awsome. Is it Monday yet?

Comment

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post

Ordinarily I'd be happy. But the final episode is on the same time as the Heroes Season 2 premiere.
            Gah! Now you tell me!!

Well, it's a no brainer, in this case. Doctor Who for the win!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
              Gah! Now you tell me!!

Well, it's a no brainer, in this case. Doctor Who for the win!
              Huh? Doesn't Heroes start next week at 9pm? Doctor Who is at 8pm! No conflict!

Unless everyone knows something I don't.

Edit:
              Yup, Heroes 9pm on Global, not a problem!

2nd Edit:
              Oh sh*t.
              Last edited by Trek_Girl42; September 18, 2007, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post

As I understand it, the last two eps will be shown back to back, which means the finale will be running simultaneously with Heroes.
                Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng View Post
                  As I understand it, the last two eps will be shown back to back, which means the finale will be running simultaneously with Heroes.
                  Uh.....yup. Discovered that.

Edit:
                  Yup, Heroes 9pm on Global, not a problem!

2nd Edit:
                  Oh sh*t.
                  Would anyone mind if I uh.....deprived whoever at CBC made this decision, of oxygen?

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                    Uh.....yup. Discovered that.

Would anyone mind if I uh.....deprived whoever at CBC made this decision, of oxygen?
                    Perhaps give them 8 hours WOO? Go ahead. It's not my country. Admittedly, this means I really don't have any authority in the matter, but that's a minor detail.
                    Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng View Post
                      Perhaps give them 8 hours WOO? Go ahead. It's not my country. Admittedly, this means I really don't have any authority in the matter, but that's a minor detail.
                      Okay, they really deserve it.....they actually included a synopsis for Last of the Time Lords under the synopsys for Sound of Drums, which hasn't aired yet, and on that page, it spoils what is, presumabley, the Sound of Drums cliffhanger.

The gloves are comin' off.....

Comment

OK This comes from someone very new to the Dr Who fandom but really falling fast for it. Excellent show, so well written and acted. I'm watching Season 2 and 3 at the same time never seeing either and get confused with what's happened in what season. I've oredered the DVDs so I can watch in order. I knew nothing of the spoilers so when the Professor changed I said to my hubster that he didn't look like he was going to be a nice Timelord. LOL

Loved the bits as everyone else did with the Doctor and Jack. I loved the reply to "Have you had work done?" which was "You should talk". And the look that really had me LOL. The scene in the radiation chamber was great too.

I like seeing everyone's take on the show and now wonder what the "sorry" meant. I thought it odd that he was saying sorry to the Master but didn't think about the TARDIS. Interesting. Also, someone mentioned about the Master not putting something in the watch to help him remember to open it. It seemed to me in the bit where he's about to electrocute the girl that he's saying something about her letting him die or knowing about something or whatever. I couln't follow it all and will now have to wait for the DVDs but I was wondering if she knew he was supposed to open it and didn't tell him because she knew what he was like.

Looking forward to the next two eps! Fanastic show!

Shelly
                        My Photos
                        sigpic

Comment

We know from Boom Town that The Tardis seems to be infinitely compassionate, and The Eye of Harmony is sort of like a direct connection to the Time Stream. Perhaps the Tardis decided to give The Master the same chance it gave that Slitheen woman and made The Master human a human child, sent him to a place where he might learn to be useful but left the watch with him so he could return to his previous form.

Or it could have something to do with the Time War. Maybe the Doctor somehow retrieved him from The Eye to assist with the Time War, then The Master ran away... Seems very like the master.

Originally posted by Locutus_Of_Borg View Post
                          Top notch episode, but clearly The Doctor broke something in the TARDIS...he wouldn't just say "Sorry" to it...sparks start flying and it dissapears...but thing i'm wondering, in the 1996 movie the master died by getting sucked into the eye of harmony...how did he get from there as a liquidy goo....man in a hosts body to a timelord again and changed his biology via the watch...all very confusing but it will hopefully be explained...or they're ignoring parts of that movie.

Comment

Originally posted by RDAfan61 View Post
                            It seemed to me in the bit where he's about to electrocute the girl that he's saying something about her letting him die or knowing about something or whatever. I couln't follow it all and will now have to wait for the DVDs but I was wondering if she knew he was supposed to open it and didn't tell him because she knew what he was like.
                            It was more along the lines of, "All these years of working beside me every day and you never once thought to ask me about the watch?"

I perceived her answering look as one of bafflement, as in, "Why would I have ever asked you about it?" She didn't seem the prying type to me and given the antiquated style of the thing I doubt she'd ever seen anything like it before and asking him about it- with the perception field activated- would probably result in him dismissing the question with something like, "Oh, it's just an old watch of mine, but it's broken." Why would anyone who didn't know what it was (or even what it was disguised as) pursue the issue?

It was just the Master raging unfairly at the nearest target, which happened to be poor Chantho.

Granted, it's always possible the DID know, but unless she was a universal-class liar, she struck me as being far too innocent to actually know anything about Yana's true identity.

Comment

Hmmmm. The jury is still out on this one.

The Good:

I loved Jack's return, and I have missed him. I'm loving Torchwood, but I'm glad to see him back on Who.

The cliffhanger was good. Next week's episode looks exciting.

The Bad:

The ugly sets yet again. Can the future worlds become more diverse than glorious with a dark underbelly (New Earth) or just hot, mean, and ugly (every other episode set in the future besides Fear Her)? I'm tired of gray corridors with all the extras covered in grime and sweat. Also, what is up with the bad villains this year. First we get the spider with a bad voice; she's followed by a Dalek with an inability to talk quickly; then, we get the scorpion that appears related to the previous two; he is followed by the sun demon whose job is two glow and utter bad pick up lines; and now, we get grunting critters that look humanish but have sharp teeth. The natives looked like rejects from SG-1. At several moments, I expected them to say that they were attacking because the humans hadn't accepted Origin. The angels in Blink are amazingly creepy, partly because they don't talk.

Last season had the creepy aliens at the school, the cybermen and dalek showdown, and Cassandra's wit. This year, we have aliens that make the Slitheen look well read and refined.

The clips. The retooled series isn't that old, and we had clips: not a good sign. I didn't even mind the clips from Season 1 to remind people about Jack. I minded the clips from Gridlock and the flashback to earlier in the episode. We were watching already.

The Doctor: lately he's been ticking me off. Last year, I loved him, and Rose got to me. Recently, the Doctor is annoying me. DT is still doing a fabulous and amazing job, especially considering some of the stupid lines he gets. The Doctor spent most of the episode spouting technobabble and running around like an excitable chicken. His energy was only useful at the end of the episode. I also wanted a bit more during the Jack/Doctor Reunion scene. The men moved on rather quick. The men can act; I hope that they have something to do soon.

Skiffy's commercials screw up most episodes' pacing, so I want to see this one again on DVD, but right now, I'm not horrified, but I'm also not impressed. A 6.5/10.
                              "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma View Post

The clips. The retooled series isn't that old, and we had clips: not a good sign. I didn't even mind the clips from Season 1 to remind people about Jack. I minded the clips from Gridlock and the flashback to earlier in the episode. We were watching already.
                                Well, doesn't those clips help to connect everything together? I rather liked it. I mean, I think it was a lot better than somebody just blurting out that Yana = You are not alone. How they did it made it a lot more dynamic, with all the cuts.

Comment

Working...
                                X