No announcement yet.

The Satan Pit (2809/209)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Jack is stuck on the Game Station in the year 200,100. Which is 157,100 yrs ahead of the yr 43,000
    Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by Darkseid
      6) I know this is gonna sound odd (or Oood as some would say!) but, if this Creature was the insiration of 'The Devil' in various races through out the Universe (nice Draconian referance I thought) then how come the Time Lords never heard of him? Wouldn't you think that they would have at one point, and the Doc would have at least read about it in an archive? Maybe I am nitpicking too much, but it seems to me that a creature of such evil and destruction would have been documented somewhere other then writings on a wall in a tounge that is lost.
      The Time Lords pretty much hated superstition. If there was a devil way back in Gallifreyan folklore, it would have been excised from the records in the time of Rassilon. And if Rassilon had found out there was something older than time, he would definitely have scrubbed it from the record; after all, something that doesn't belong to time is outside the control of the Time Lords and that's not on.

I have to say that I didn't see ship here. In fact, I haven't seen much ship since the regeneration. Close friendship, yes, but no uncomfortable or unDoctorly tension.

As for the prison, I can only assume that the race who imprisoned the Beast didn't drop him into the black hole from the off because they believed that it would have been wrong to kill, even the Beast. There's no other way that it makes sense, since it wasn't the Beast's power holding the planet. The gravity tube suggests that they knew there was a risk of the Beast's mental powers developing to the point where it could escape by possessing a living host and abandoning its body and thus left a mechanism to allow another being to enter the prison and trigger the failsafe.

Or something.
      Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
      - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

As for saying that Rose would die soon in battle...the Doctor discounted that saing that Satan lied. This would make sense, considering that he's supposed to be the Prince of Lies and all.

I enjoyed the episode overall. I'm not seeing the Rose/Dr. ship...well, maybe just a tad. He does seem to be more protective of this Companion. Is it daughter or a touch of romance? Could be either.
        sigpic

Comment

Considering that Satan was planning to kill them all, wouldn't the "battle" have been the battle with Satan? Or was he forecasting his own defeat?

Comment

Might I say. I did not see the whole episode, nor have I seen the whole new series. However, I thought that this was the best episode of the new series. I hated, well nearly hated the last episode. But I loved this one.

The one thing that I thought was bad, well not bad, but a ego stroking for Doctor Who. He defeated Satan! I mean, thats brilliant! Or at the very least he defeated a false god that would make the Goa'uld quake in their boots.
            I do not know what to take of the Doctor Who shipping, I'm open to it for othe moment.

Comment

i liked this ep but to me and i said it before it just remind me to much of doom 3. in fact it was kind of like doom just with the doctor the monster even looked like some thing out of the game. the only thing that kind of borther me even thou i saw it coming a mile away was the tardis showing up out of nowhere to save to day

Comment

I think its funny that the Beast didn't say anything about the Doctor
                Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by creed462 View Post
                  I think its funny that the Beast didn't say anything about the Doctor
                  It did. It started with him. "This one knows me, as I know him: the killer of his own kind."
                  "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                  "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                  BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

This episode wasn't bad, just a little bit of a let down after "The Impossible Planet". It didn't really have the intensity of that episode. The last 10 minutes or so was really cringe worthy, especially with the Buck Rogers spaceship.
                    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

I agree that the second half wasn't quite as good as the first half.

Nevertheless, it was a good episode.

I enjoyed that Rose had a brian and used it. For once, the Doctor was busy, and she had to rescue herself. I'm ok with the shipping right now, so the ending on the Tardis wasn't too bad, but the ending did seem rushed. Did SciFi cut anything out again?

Overall, I'll give it a 9/10. The Doctor's monologing did take awhile, but that may have been due to all of the stupid SciFi commercials distorting the episode's pacing.
                      "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                        Considering that Satan was planning to kill them all, wouldn't the "battle" have been the battle with Satan? Or was he forecasting his own defeat?
                        He was scareing them so they would not notice what he had planed.
                        I know what Satan's plan was when he showed he still controled that guy. To have his mind escape the black hole. He had them all scared of the "Battle" that they didn't notice his real plan.
                        My favorite part was when they were
                        Spoiler:
                        going back to the black hole. Satan showed himself blabing while everyone was freaking out. The guy in the front "What the H***". Satan is still talking and Rose picks up the gun and says her line and blast the window. Sending him on a one way trip into deep space.
                        Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
                        Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
                        new enemy of the Ori
                        At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                          The last 10 minutes or so was really cringe worthy, especially with the Buck Rogers spaceship.
                          Yeah...somehow I would think that by the year 43K or whenever we'd have something more elegant than a "rocket" to get around space.

I did like the Doctor's confrontation with the Beast, though. The man of reason and logic trying to come to terms with something reason and logic cannot explain. I liked that he couldn't read the writing, and that kinda freaked him out. And that kind of made him less useful than usual, forcing Rose to step up to the plate; after all, she's confronted by things she can't understand every time she steps out of the TARDIS. This is easy for her. And the Doctor's little monologue at the bottom of the pit was nice: "Okay, I admit that you EXIST! I don't know what you are, but...there you are."
                          Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
                          I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
                          What have these years left to me?
                          Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman View Post
                            It did. It started with him. "This one knows me, as I know him: the killer of his own kind."
                            I noticed how the doctor decided to skip that conversation
                            Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
                            Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
                            new enemy of the Ori
                            At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

LOVED this ep- very cool to see the Tardis pulling the rocket through space.

Comment

Is it just me, or did anyone else notice that Mr. Jefferson (Danny Webb) uses a P-90 with a silencer attached to it in this episode? Just thought I would point that out to anyone who didnt notice it.
                                Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Working...
                                X