The Satan Pit (2809/209)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I have an idea about the Beast's inprisonment:

The Beast is an incarnation of pure evil from before time (did he create the universe? There's an interesting thought). Long ago a powerful civilisation rose up against him but they knew that they couldn't destroy the Beast, so instead they tried to throw him into a black hole (or maybe, they tricked him into going near a black hole, or tricked him into collapsing a sun or something), the beast is incredibly powerful, but can't resist the black hole. If he falls in time stops and he effectively 'dies'. All he can do is prevent himself falling in, and on the planet inside the event horizon it is taking all his infinite energies to hold himself back, so he is powerless. If he attempts to leave, then he will be sucked in, all he can do is resist. He does have limited influence, and can make cables snap, voices etc. To escape, he possesses Toby while leaving his physical self back on the planet resisting the black hole, and flies away. He looses all his power, but can live.

Black holes are so strong that not even light can escape. Nothing escapes a black hole. Gravity warps time. In a black hole, the time dilation is infinite, and time stops. If you fall into a black hole you see the whole of eternity flash by. That is how they overthrew the beast, they put him (or tricked him into going - more likely IMO) so close to a black hole that he can't escape. They can't push him down for good, but he can't get out either.

Does that make sense?

I really need to read the transcript once it's up

Comment

It makes sense to my sleep-addled mind. But why not simply drop him in the black hole from the start? Why give him an opportunity to escape? Is that a "chance at redemption" thing or just poor planning?

Also, if Toby could be possessed, couldn't Satan's body have been possessed as well? Maybe that wasn't his real body, either, just the latest incarnation. But that's probably rife with problems and I'm too tired to think it out. Just an idle thought.

Comment

The captain said it was 43K in his reports about the deaths, so Rose would be in the year 43,000.
        "At least my heroes exist. If this was a Trek convention, you’d be all dressed up like a Klingon."

Comment

hm well that certainly puts the ep into more perspective. And that it was before Satellite 5 and so on.
          Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Sup, hey anyone think the planet will be back, remember the legends about the planet from "The Impossible Planet ". The "the bitter pill ", the black hole was tricked into eating the planet but it was thrown out.

I bet this has happened many times in the past, some people almost set the "beast" free but the planet gets sucked into the black hole before the escape and the prison is reset.

The prison is good,

1) You can not escape on your own, only help from the outside can set you free.

2) If you are set free you will placed back into prison automatic.

And this only holds true if the "light"

a) could only hold the "beast" in a prison and not kill it.

b) could not build a perfect prison, the "beast" could reach out with a small part of his mind.

But since the "light" does not want to kill people they made sure there was a way out (gravity field) and a way to manualy reset the prison (shut down the gravity field and let the planet fall into the blackhole).
            "Khattam-Shud," he said slowly, "is the Arch-Enemy
            of all Stories, even of Language itself. He is the Prince of
            Silence and the Foe of Speech. And because everything ends,
            because dreams end, stories end, life ends, at the finish
            of everything we use his name. 'It's finished,' we tell one
            another, 'it's over. Khattam-Shud: The End.'"

-excerpted from Haroun and the Sea of Stories,

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W

I'm not seeing ship. I'm seeing Daddy/Daughter.
              It was easier to convince myself of that when Eccleston was Doctor but with Tennant, 35 looking like he's 25... it becomes a quite a stretch.
              Also it's obvious from the dialogue that Rose isn't seeing Doc 10 as Daddy either... all that hint, hint, nudge, nudge stuff about living together is calculated to lift subtext to text.

Unless of course the writers are going all Freudian on us...

*Sigh* I miss Mickey...
              sigpic
              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

with earth at its prime

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

Just watched the ep, the ending was somewhat interesting. I knew the Tardis was going to save the day. As for next week's ep, I'll say this, it looks interesting.
                  sigpic

Comment

I loved these two episodes! It was good to see that the doctor doesn't know everything. He's right, its not fun if you know everything! It was exciting, and a little scary, so I really enjoyed it. More episodes like that please! We all know that the doctor wouldn't lose his precious Tardis! She had to come back!

I know people are touchy about this subject, but I have to say that was a shippy episode for the Doctor and Rose, especially when they were discussing living together! Bless them!

Stargate-Universe.co.uk

Comment

Oooh, yay! A place to discuss Dr Who episodes!

Lovely thoughts from people. Actually my parents came in half way through and made some noise so apparently I missed the Torchwood reference. Yeah, they're being way un-subtle about it, unlike the Bad Wolf thingie - didn't see that one coming til they hit my had witha hammer saying Bad Wolf. Oh, well, interesting to wait and see what they'll do with it.

I found the episode to be so-so. It had some brilliant moments, but the entire idea was a tad bit... well... Satan's locked inside a star? Meh. And they got a little corny towards the "oh! Let's all play to our strengths!" bit. I actually really liked the Ood. (cue Rose: "The Oood?") But I think they actually did a bit of damage with the Doctor's responses on this one. Maybe I'm still a bit too set with Acclestone's (despite really enjoying Tenant), but I thought his responses were a tad bit too mellow for hte situation.

And... I was actually getting some strong Stargate vibes from that one - but apparently that was jsut me
                      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                      Yes, I am!
                      sigpic
                      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Acclestone
                        does that meen Eccleston?
                        I did think this one, THIS weeks made Satans pit even better, as this weeks was so week and poor.
                        Hola

Hello

Comment

No, a lot of us had the Stargate vibe.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BC - 303
                            Acclestone
                            does that meen Eccleston?
                            I did think this one, THIS weeks made Satans pit even better, as this weeks was so week and poor.
                            Yeah, me bad. One day I'll learn how to spell his name.

No, a lot of us had the Stargate vibe.
                            Ah, yay, I'm not completely insane then
                            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                            Yes, I am!
                            sigpic
                            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Oh my...

Spoiler:
                              "The little girl so far from home who will die in battle so soon." (para) takes on a whole new threat now its been confirmed that Billie Piper's leaving.

Will green intelligent debates, not just those who share my views. Challenge - always.

Comment

How close is it to the time that Jack's in?

Will green intelligent debates, not just those who share my views. Challenge - always.

Comment

Working...
                                X