The Satan Pit (2809/209)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Billz View Post
    Is it just me, or did anyone else notice that Mr. Jefferson (Danny Webb) uses a P-90 with a silencer attached to it in this episode? Just thought I would point that out to anyone who didnt notice it.
    I noticed it too. Although that was not a silencer, it was just a different model of the P-90 with a longer barrel for greater accuracy and muzzle velocity. Instead of the short barreled one.

Comment

This ep is spooky

Comment

Just watched this episode yesterday on ukgold for the 2nd time. It really is a great episode and I never noticed how good the cgi was, it's just creatures they need to improve on.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet View Post
          The Time Lords pretty much hated superstition. If there was a devil way back in Gallifreyan folklore, it would have been excised from the records in the time of Rassilon. And if Rassilon had found out there was something older than time, he would definitely have scrubbed it from the record; after all, something that doesn't belong to time is outside the control of the Time Lords and that's not on.

Actually no there are things like the Devil that the Timelords fear. One example is the Fendahl.. They feared it so much they erased its homeworld from time. See episode "Image Of The Fendahl"

When Satan said
          "This one knows me, as I know him: the killer of his own kind."

That had me intrigued. So the Doctor is the killer of the Timelords in the war. Wonder what he did? Did he use a delta wave or something like that that kills everything to fight the Daleks?

But then again Satan could well have been lying but I don't think so because he seemed to be playing on fears in his rant.

Also if Toby was posessed where was his mind? If the Beast's body had no mind it should not have been able to move like it did or roar or anything unless there was the tiniest spark of mind still there. Where did Toby's mind go?

Brilliant two part episode ruined by the following lame "love & Monsters"
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
            That had me intrigued. So the Doctor is the killer of the Timelords in the war. Wonder what he did? Did he use a delta wave or something like that that kills everything to fight the Daleks?

But then again Satan could well have been lying but I don't think so because he seemed to be playing on fears in his rant.
            That's the thing about Satan. He'll mix in lies with the truth, tell half-truths, and truths that have been spun to his purposes. He could have very well been telling the truth about the Doctor killing the Time Lords but another way of looking at it is that the sacrificed his people to save countless other species throughout space & time from the Daleks. A unimaginably difficult burden to be sure.

I think Satan left a small part (the animal, instinctual part) of himself back in the Pit inside his real body. The cunning and intellect were transferred to Toby, I thought. The two parts of his consciousness would be connected through a powerful telepathy, like the Ood. He knew that at some level that the Doctor would never voluntarily free him so he need to hitch a ride in a human's body to get back to Earth.
            sigpic

Comment

i agree and well put.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                That's the thing about Satan. He'll mix in lies with the truth, tell half-truths, and truths that have been spun to his purposes. He could have very well been telling the truth about the Doctor killing the Time Lords but another way of looking at it is that the sacrificed his people to save countless other species throughout space & time from the Daleks. A unimaginably difficult burden to be sure.
                Spoilers for somewhere, but I'm pretty sure only as far as Dalek:

Spoiler:
                Isn't it in Dalek, or at the latest in Parting of the Ways, where they Doctor explains that he ended the Time War basically by killing everyone. Whatever fire made the Daleks burn did the same to the Time Lords.

Spoilers for The End of Time:

Spoiler:
                Rassilon makes mention of some weapon in the Doctor's hands which he could use to destroy both sides; I heard 'the Moog' or 'the Mood', but... ETA: The Moment, apparently, which is much better.
                Last edited by Mr Prophet; 13 January 2010, 12:34 AM.
                Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

yes i think thats right. i think he explained that in the end it came down to the only way for everyone to be safe was for him to destroy both partys of the war. did that mean that the time lords were losing
                  sigpic

Comment

I think the universe was losing, really. Daleks vs Time Lords, the most unspeakable weapons imaginable (and then some), and vast swathes of collateral damage cut through history.
                    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

oh. the time war was a huge war.
                      Spoiler:
                      i fell sad for the doctor having to destroy his own people having to live knowing his the last and then the daleks keep returning when he thought he destroyed them. if it was me i would be angry because he destroyed his people and in the end it seemed like it was for nothing
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet View Post
                        Spoilers for somewhere, but I'm pretty sure only as far as Dalek:

Spoiler:
                        Isn't it in Dalek, or at the latest in Parting of the Ways, where they Doctor explains that he ended the Time War basically by killing everyone. Whatever fire made the Daleks burn did the same to the Time Lords.

Spoilers for The End of Time:

Spoiler:
                        Rassilon makes mention of some weapon in the Doctor's hands which he could use to destroy both sides; I heard 'the Moog' or 'the Mood', but... ETA: The Moment, apparently, which is much better.

I am still going with my theory that it was a Delta Wave

In Parting Of The Ways the Doctor explained that an unrefined wave would destroy both the Earth and the Daleks... And I think this makes sense. Maybe that incarnation of the Doctor in the Time War did this...
                        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

maybe he did. but in the end the daleks still came back anyway
                          sigpic

Comment

Good episode. Very suspenseful. I actually thought Rose was going to die at one point.

(im worried what will happen to Rose.. i know she wont last long. )
                            ^no spoilers please im new to doctor who
                            Sherlock; the only one in the world + The Doctor; the last of his kind = THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME

~~~

WATCHING:
                            - Doctor Who (series 7)
                            - Arrested Development (season 3)

WAITING:
                            - Sanctuary (season 5)... but wont get.. RIP Sanctuary, thanks for the memories!
                            - Sherlock (season 3).....MOFFAT!
                            - Arrested Development (season 4 and the movie)... can't wait!

I AM WHOLOCKED.

Comment

I liked both parts very much. I agree - part one more than two, but still both were excellent.

Great to see Rose in command and running things. The Dr's dialogue with the Beast was awesome. Only bummer - I think everyone knew the Tardis would be there to save him.
                              - The Truth is Out There!

Comment

Yeah absolutely agreed on the Tardis, but the journey there was cool.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X