Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spimman
    replied
    This episode is so great and so sad, but in a good way. I really think they handle her Dad realizing what has happened, realizing he is dead and then sacrificing himself in a well done way! One of Rose's best episodes I think.

Leave a comment:

• maneth
    replied
    Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    I felt the same........ Interesting comparison you made..... City On The Edge Of Forever though was a good episode..... This not so much. But it was entertaining enough.

Christopher Eccleston would have made a fantastic Doctor had he hung around..
    He would. And he's my favorite so far. The only other one to come close is Paul McGann...

Leave a comment:

• Coco Pops
    replied
    Originally posted by maneth View Post
    My least favorite episode so far by quite some margin. Totally predictable from the start, I knew that the only way things could be reset would be for her father to die.

I felt the same........ Interesting comparison you made..... City On The Edge Of Forever though was a good episode..... This not so much. But it was entertaining enough.

Christopher Eccleston would have made a fantastic Doctor had he hung around..

Leave a comment:

• maneth
    replied
    Reminds me of the Trek episode City on the Edge of Forever...

Leave a comment:

• maneth
    replied
    My least favorite episode so far by quite some margin. Totally predictable from the start, I knew that the only way things could be reset would be for her father to die.

Leave a comment:

• iJOKE
    replied
    There were many episodes where i almost cried. This is a truely beautiful episode.
    .. aside from the sadness, i thought the doctor and rose were going to kiss in that church.
    (i wonder if they will ever kiss.. i am new to this show so dont spoil it.)

Leave a comment:

• gateship15
    replied
    lol i like that i love rose and her dad in this ep

Leave a comment:

• Coco Pops
    replied
    Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
    What's FTMTBYA an acronym for?

I thought it was said that the paradox was undone, thus all the bad things that happened as a result also were. It's not the first time that New Who's gone with Deus Ex Machina and it's certainly not the last but it feels a lot less forced than some of the others
    The "FTMTBYA" are the Flying Time Monkeys That Bite Your Ass

Leave a comment:

• pbellosom
    replied
    Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    I dont' get this. One scene the Doctor gets eating by the "FTMTBYA" and in the next couple of scenes he's back and all is right with the world. Doesn't it break the continuity of time to have him back with no explanation?
    What's FTMTBYA an acronym for?

I thought it was said that the paradox was undone, thus all the bad things that happened as a result also were. It's not the first time that New Who's gone with Deus Ex Machina and it's certainly not the last but it feels a lot less forced than some of the others

Leave a comment:

• gateship15
    replied
    i agree

Leave a comment:

• Coco Pops
    replied
    I dont' get this. One scene the Doctor gets eating by the "FTMTBYA" and in the next couple of scenes he's back and all is right with the world. Doesn't it break the continuity of time to have him back with no explanation?

Leave a comment:

• gateship15
    replied
    i agree that was sad rose saved her dad only to lose him.

Leave a comment:

• Cold Fuzz
    replied
    Really good soundtrack for the episode. It really added to the heartbreak of Rose losing her father, meeting him, and then losing him again. I also liked the fact that Pete realized that in order to set the future back on track, he had to make the ultimate sacrifice. Despite any failures in business, he succeeded when it really counted by saving the timeline.

Leave a comment:

• gateship15
    replied
    i think it was because the time had been returned so like with all the people that had been taken were returned it never happened and they all returned but i am not sure

Leave a comment:

• Coco Pops
    replied
    But how did the Doctor magiclally reappear at the end when the "time monkeys that bite your ass" grabbed him

Leave a comment:

Working...
X