Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would world leaders react if this happened for real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• knowles2
    replied
    Serious answer, probably the same as they did in the show, they would put vast amount of resources into preparing us for war. It almost certain given the vast amount of money that would need to be spent that this would all come out into the open pretty quickly and turn into a public effort.

When our politicians feel like it they can work together pretty effectively together to solve problems. I expect most countries will build coalitions that include all parties as they prepare for war, they will most likely suspend elections as the aliens get closure.

Leave a comment:

• aretood2
    replied
    Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    Mars can't support an atmosphere due to no natural magnetic belt like the Earth and supposedly it's core is slowing down so what little atmosphere is there will be gone eventually.

Better candidates for terraforming would be Venus and Mercury
    I'm sure starting up the core isn't to far fetched for the Votan. But Mercury? That's not exactly the best choice...

Leave a comment:

• Coco Pops
    replied
    Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
    Well, maybe someone with a brain could tell them to use their cool terra forming technology on Mars or Venus and just become next door neighbors. But that'd be too easy. Seriously...if their terra forming tech could change the Earth so drastically via an accidental (or purposeful? Sabotage?) destruction of the Votan fleet...why not just use it in a concerted effort to terra form one of those two worlds instead?

Mars can't support an atmosphere due to no natural magnetic belt like the Earth and supposedly it's core is slowing down so what little atmosphere is there will be gone eventually.

Better candidates for terraforming would be Venus and Mercury

Leave a comment:

• aretood2
    replied
    Well, maybe someone with a brain could tell them to use their cool terra forming technology on Mars or Venus and just become next door neighbors. But that'd be too easy. Seriously...if their terra forming tech could change the Earth so drastically via an accidental (or purposeful? Sabotage?) destruction of the Votan fleet...why not just use it in a concerted effort to terra form one of those two worlds instead?

Leave a comment:

• Linda06
    replied
    They would blow things up, shoot things, experiment on the Aliens that they caught. It's what they normally do with things they don't understand. Just kill them.

Leave a comment:

• Wulfmann
    replied
    Germany would declare war on them, brilliantly impress them with their skills and find a way to lose in the end.
    Obama would blame Bush while Cheney would offer Halliburton's services at a huge mark up.
    Hillary would scream "What difference does it matter now anyway" and Joe Biden would get out his double barrel shot gun to scare them into submission.
    The Aliens would underestimate Israel and get their butts kicked while every jihadist would scream Allah Avatar and the aliens would do us all a favor and rid the planet of them so all in all things would be OK

Wulfmann

Leave a comment:

• Coco Pops
    replied
    Originally posted by escyos View Post
    Delicious barbecued Castithans?

NO you don't eat them you socialize with them......... haha.. I think they'd be gamey

Leave a comment:

• escyos
    replied
    Yes we would........ And have BBQ's...... I want Castithans
    Delicious barbecued Castithans?

Leave a comment:

• Coco Pops
    replied
    Originally posted by escyos View Post
    Australians would share a beer.

Yes we would........ And have BBQ's...... I want Castithans

Leave a comment:

• escyos
    replied
    Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
    Republicans would blame Obama, China would want to lend them money, Japan would get them hooked on anime, Canada would apologize for inhabiting the Earth, Russia would teach some of them Russian and then annex that group into the Federation, North Korea would threaten to use Nuclear bombs, the French would surrender, and Argentina would want to challenge them to a friendly game of Soccer
    Australians would share a beer.

Leave a comment:

• aretood2
    replied
    Republicans would blame Obama, China would want to lend them money, Japan would get them hooked on anime, Canada would apologize for inhabiting the Earth, Russia would teach some of them Russian and then annex that group into the Federation, North Korea would threaten to use Nuclear bombs, the French would surrender, and Argentina would want to challenge them to a friendly game of Soccer

Leave a comment:

• Coco Pops
    replied
    Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    Yup.

I can picture that.. Imagine Aliens landing in Moscow

Leave a comment:

• hedwig
    replied
    Were you thinking of Putin?
    Yup.

Leave a comment:

• Coco Pops
    replied
    I can think of one world leader who would throw the most colossal hissy fit of all time over it, and demand that it be turned over to him ... or else.

Were you thinking of Putin?

Leave a comment:

• jelgate
    replied
    I can think of one world leader who would throw the most colossal hissy fit of all time over it, and demand that it be turned over to him ... or else.
    All of them?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X