X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• min min light
    replied
    Originally posted by escyos View Post
    The show is called Defiance, its set there and spends most of its time there. Don't expect many shots of New York or Sulos.
    Defiance can have several meanings, it doesn't have to be strictly about the town.

But I'd be happy if they'd just back off Kenya for awhile and let us see more of (and about) the aliens.

Leave a comment:

• escyos
    replied
    Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
    Though I do find the town of Defiance itself to be fascinating, I think we need to have other sets away from the town to widen the scope of the show. For example, we keep hearing about the nefarious activities of the Earth Republic and the Votanis Collective. Well, let's see these two organizations on their home turf. I want to see Indogenes really be Indogenes, and not trying to fit in with a human society. I want to see E-Rep in New York or wherever they call their home, and see their intrigues and politicking for myself, rather than hear about it second or third hand by the time it gets to Defiance.
    The show is called Defiance, its set there and spends most of its time there. Don't expect many shots of New York or Sulos.

Leave a comment:

• Cold Fuzz
    replied
    Originally posted by min min light View Post
    I agree that they need to expand the scope of the show. They've got two really wonderful sci-fi elements to work with - terraforming gone awry and several different species - and they're spending all their time telling me about the human town Madame.
    Though I do find the town of Defiance itself to be fascinating, I think we need to have other sets away from the town to widen the scope of the show. For example, we keep hearing about the nefarious activities of the Earth Republic and the Votanis Collective. Well, let's see these two organizations on their home turf. I want to see Indogenes really be Indogenes, and not trying to fit in with a human society. I want to see E-Rep in New York or wherever they call their home, and see their intrigues and politicking for myself, rather than hear about it second or third hand by the time it gets to Defiance.

Leave a comment:

• min min light
    replied
    I agree that they need to expand the scope of the show. They've got two really wonderful sci-fi elements to work with - terraforming gone awry and several different species - and they're spending all their time telling me about the human town Madame.

Leave a comment:

• Cold Fuzz
    replied
    Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    I'm thinking the small town vibe is limiting the show...But that's just me.
    Though I find the idea of an "alien western" intriguing, I agree that it is somewhat limiting the show. Before long, I think they'll need to expand the scope of the show beyond just the town of Defiance, like perhaps how the United States could reform despite massive infrastructure damage, or the possibility of finding a new type of power source—just something game-changing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X