No announcement yet.

'Defiance' (Rockne S. O'Bannon/Syfy) -- speculation/discussion/spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to Grant Bowler, we'll be getting some webisodes soon: https://twitter.com/GrantBowler/stat...03864318062592

Comment

Hold me back...............

Defiance is all but dead, a pity cause it had great idea's.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post

It go renewed and season 2 hasn't aired yet so your statement is premature...to say it nicely.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
          It go renewed and season 2 hasn't aired yet so your statement is premature...to say it nicely.
          Exactly.

Comment

It's not dead. If it was dead then we would be getting no webisodes. Believe it or not Syfy is paying attention to more than just ratings on the show.

Comment

There was no doubt in my mind that this one would get a recommission. With the investment they made, no way will they toss it on the trash heap after one.

Just watch them throw more money at it this year. Perhaps they've learned from their mistakes and S2 will be a bang-up success. There's a lot riding on this whole thing at SyFy. It rather reminds me of SGU going into its second year. Hope they can change the course from the beginning, instead of waiting till the series is half done to shake it up.

Time will tell.

Comment

They had the other partners with the game side which changes the renewal math as well, hard to understand how the impacts it.
                sigpic

Comment

Premature?
                  I think not.
                  Oh, I knew it had been renewed before I wrote that, it will probably see 3-4 seasons on the strength of the game tie in and the experimental value of the system (which escyos alluded to as well).

I take no "enjoyment" in pointing it out, cause I really do like the idea behind the show.
                  sigpic

Comment

Premature?
                    I think not.
                    Oh, I knew it had been renewed before I wrote that, it will probably see 3-4 seasons on the strength of the game tie in and the experimental value of the system (which escyos alluded to as well).

I take no "enjoyment" in pointing it out, cause I really do like the idea behind the show.

So in other words, your statement that the show is dead really meant you didn't like Season 1 all that much.
                    sigpic

Comment

So in other words, your statement that the show is dead really meant you didn't like Season 1 all that much.
                      Nope.
                      I think it will be flogged like a dead horse due to its connection to the game as an alternate revenue stream. Without that connection, or a "2 season contract", it would have failed already based on ratings.

This has nothing to do with *me* besides my comment that "I really do like the idea behind the show", which I do.
                      sigpic

Comment

I've seen too many shows have a relatively slow season one take off in season 2 to make such a statement. I do hope they build on Season 1 and have an even better Season 2.

Could the show die in season 2? yes
                        Is it dead? As they are currently making new episodes being dead is a negative
                        sigpic

Comment

Well, my opinion is that season one was slow. And Spimman is right. Many shows that do poor in the first season find their rhythm in season two. Every so often, I see an ad for Defiance that says it will return in June 2014. I hope so because I'd really like to know what happens to Datak and Stahma.

Comment

I saw where they had their wrap party last night. I'm assuming it was for the season, but I don't really know. They also indicated that they were currently filming the webisodes, which was why the entire cast wasn't present.

IMO, it hurts shows that only have 12 or 13 episodes to have an entire year between start and start. A show with 5 months of episodes can take 6 months off and not lose the interest of most viewers. But a borderline show like Defiance basically will have to win back it's audience all over again when it finally starts back up. I'm sure they hoped that the video game would keep fans engaged during the hiatus. Then of course the webisodes for them and everybody else.

I think they are going to have to come back like gangbusters if they want a chance at a third series.

Comment

Reading in one of the many Sci-Fi magazines we have in the UK. Season 2 starts next year
                              on SYFY.
                              "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                              Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                              Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                              Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                              I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                              To thy own self... Be true
                              May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Grant Bowler just tweeted from the airport that the season is wrapped, guess he meant he was finished with the webisodes, and that he was heading for the sun. (figuratively, I'm sure)

So, the timing is right for them to start airing season 2 in late May/early June.

Comment

Working...
                                X