Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jelgate
    replied
    It does have scifi. I get sick and tired of people using that to show their dislike. By the nature of the show it is scifi. It can't have aliens without being scifi. Also sex and relationships does not equate to soap opera

Leave a comment:

• Coco Pops
    replied
    I want less sex and angsty drama. FFS it's not a soap opera. Keep that sh*t on The Bold And The Crappiful where it belongs........That's the kind of crappy show for that sh*t..

Where is the scifi in this show? It's not really present in this last season. I want to learn more about the aliens why I think they kind of lied about their intentions for Earth.... My own POV that is......

I want to learn more about things like The Volge. We barely saw them in the pilot episode and I'd like to see how they live, what they get up to when not fighting etc...

I read a rumour and not sure if it's true that the Volge were not in fact aliens but Votan test subjects for some kind of experiment by the Indogenes back on the Votan's homeworld...

Leave a comment:

• VampyreWraith
    replied
    ^ I'm very happy about that

Leave a comment:

• jelgate
    replied
    S3 is now official

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ytheNumbers%29

Leave a comment:

• Spimman
    replied
    I still haven't seen any renew\cancel news as of yet. I would say as a general rule the longer it takes the worst the odds get, but I'll remain hopeful until we find something out.

I did see an article comparing ratings of Defiance to Haven which sounded positive, but I doubt that Haven cost as much to make so I'm not sure that is a fair comparison.

Leave a comment:

• Coco Pops
    replied
    Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    That makes even less since. The terraforming had unpredictable changes and humans saw Votans before the terraforming
    I know they did..... But what I was thinking was just one of my own theories on the backstory.

I know they have their own canon for the show...

Leave a comment:

• jelgate
    replied
    That makes even less since. The terraforming had unpredictable changes and humans saw Votans before the terraforming

Leave a comment:

• Coco Pops
    replied
    Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    That is crazy. The votan population on Earth is too big for such an idea.

Why too big? Not if the Votans were actually once humans caught in the terraforming?

Leave a comment:

• jelgate
    replied
    That is crazy. The votan population on Earth is too big for such an idea.

Leave a comment:

• Coco Pops
    replied
    I have a CRAZY THEORY........

What if the Arks were all empty except for maybe a small crew on each Ark in case it's attacked along their journey and they are woken up to defend the ships and then go back to sleep. Those were the ones Nolan and Irisa found in the Arkfall inside their freezing tubes..

These were the ones that also made it down to Earth to ask for immigration.....

When the terraforming began the Arks contained all the gene banks of the Votan races and these mixed with humans in the terraforming so what was killed off in humanity became the Votans.....

I know it's not canon but thought it was a neat idea all the same.

Leave a comment:

• jelgate
    replied
    It depends if you look at it by culture or geography. Most people look at them by the differences in culture. Starting out as a British prison, Australians culture is more Western like than Eastern

Leave a comment:

• Spimman
    replied
    I'm really pumped about Defiance starting back up! I really hope this season improves upon season 1 (which I liked) and becomes a truly amazing show. The potential is there!

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    I would not hold my breath.
    There is a reason why Australia has one of the highest rates of illegal downloading in the Western world. For your sake as a fan, I hope you are right, but the odds are against you.
    Is Australia considered part of the Western World?

Leave a comment:

• Gatefan1976
    replied
    Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    Well channel 7 had Defiance on this year so maybe there is hope
    I would not hold my breath.
    There is a reason why Australia has one of the highest rates of illegal downloading in the Western world. For your sake as a fan, I hope you are right, but the odds are against you.

Leave a comment:

• Coco Pops
    replied
    Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    Syfy shows tend not to get picked up by mainstream Aussie TV. Your best bet is to get a VPN for the US and watch it on Amazon. IIRC most of their shows that do make it out here are on channel 9 or their secondary networks.

Well channel 7 had Defiance on this year so maybe there is hope

Leave a comment:

• Baron Of Hell
    replied
    I think Hulu runs the show also. I know they did warehouse 13 and Sanctuary.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X