No announcement yet.

Continuum - News/Discussion/SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey hey hey... Defiance isn't shtako... the game might be but the show certainly isn't.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Hey hey hey... Defiance isn't shtako... the game might be but the show certainly isn't.
      I'm rather enjoying the show. But it seems to be more character driven than anything else. And there aren't many of the characters I actually like. I'd like to know more about how and why all these aliens came to earth in the first place.

Comment

Defiance took a big leap up in the last episode. That's the thing with sci-fi, it can be bad for a whole season (or more!) and then suddenly turn into something great.

I'm enjoying Continuum too.
        sigpic

Comment

I'm glad to hear Continuum may get its own subforum...it deserves it.

I saw the first episode of Under the Dome, and like "Hedwig" all I care about is how and why. As with Defiance I don't think there's enough there to piqué my curiosity to invest in the show.

As a rule the TV is off unless there's some soccer game on or some good movie etc. There is just soo little on TV that's worth watching.

I even watch shows that anger me like "Game of Thrones" just because its very well done.

And now in Canada we are getting Bell with 1/4 of the market. These giant TV companies are after the same market share so they all produce the same crap-- thinking its what we really want!!!!
          SGU. Best Sci-fi show to come along in decades.

Comment

I just started watching this series. Does this show advocate the rule by corporations instead of the rule by the people? The "heroes" are all for corporate rule whilst the "villains/terrorists" oppose it and strive for democratic rule. Who sponsors this show?

Comment

Originally posted by plexer View Post
              I just started watching this series. Does this show advocate the rule by corporations instead of the rule by the people? The "heroes" are all for corporate rule whilst the "villains/terrorists" oppose it and strive for democratic rule. Who sponsors this show?
              You get to decide which side you support. The sponsors of the show don't decide which side is the better side.

Comment

Who is "good" and "bad" becomes murky. Keep watching.

Comment

There are up sides and down sides to both POV, and some of the Principles involved are reliving the time with 'perhaps' a different choice can be made. We will see if anything actually changes in the end

Comment

Spoiler:
                    Oh god Keira has sure screwed it up this time. Torcher changes everything and rarely ever produces the results. In fact her lament at the end is the point. She has driven Julian into the hands of her enemy, and sowed doubt in Alex world view. Blood is thicker than water.

Comment

Originally posted by psl1 View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      Oh god Keira has sure screwed it up this time. Torcher changes everything and rarely ever produces the results. In fact her lament at the end is the point. She has driven Julian into the hands of her enemy, and sowed doubt in Alex world view. Blood is thicker than water.
                      Wow, what an awesome episode today!

Spoiler:
                      Looks like Kiera is turning out to be the catalyst in future Alec's plans.

Allowing the torture of Julian, a ruthless side of her I felt was there but hoped never to see! She is driven by emotion and will do what she feels is right as much as all the others from her time are. Certainly adds to the confusion as to working out who is right?!

I think it's Julian that's being used, I don't think Julian turned the way we expected, he was changing the things in the future, those awful places where people had chips put in their heads to become mindless factory automatons for example. I believe he was destroying them because of what Kiera told him when she wanted to kill him. I'm wondering if it's because that woman who was 'chipped' in the beginning may have been her grandmother. Her actions have however turned Alec, I agree and that makes for a pretty sad state of affairs.

Of course the thought would cross Kiera's mind that she may have created the monster, it will be interesting to see how she acts from now on. Carlos is great though as her moral compass, I'm really beginning to like his character.

Some fantastic imagery at the beginning there with how the workers working on the computer chips were laid out to look like chips in a vast 'computer.' A great nod to 'Metropolis' with the workers as the 'cogs' in the machine. This show is just getting better and better with each revelation that add to the twists and turns. I'm loving the mind bending nature of how time is being changed by all these players.

What's going on with Lucas, 'talking' to Kagame?! That was an interesting addition to the various interests playing the future altering game!

The future that Kiera remembers has been wonderfully realised I think, it sets the scene nicely for the changes to play out and I really hope we find out what the changed future will be after all this, or will the horrible twist be that nothing changed!

Continuum has such a wonderfully crafted storyline and great acting, it's really turning out to be the best show I've seen in ages!

Comment

Neither side is exactly in the right...So far, though, I have yet to see much of the "heroes" killing people when they don't have to, unlike the people of Liber8. Kind of makes me lean towards the other side.

Besides, Rachel Nichols is infinitely more attractive than anyone else on the show
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                          Besides, Rachel Nichols is infinitely more attractive than anyone else on the show
                          Indeed.

I had a feeling the story was potentially going down the self-fulfilling prophesy route, Kiera is damned if she does, and damned if she doesn't.

If she
                          Spoiler:
                          had confronted him, she is potentially the straw that breaks the camels back, if she didn't, he'd likely be turned by Liber8 anyway, and finally if she'd have killed him, she'd had made him a martyr, and someone else would step into his shoes to continue the work.

Comment

Caught up with Continuum and damn... I agree with Ian-S, damned if she does, damned if she doesn't.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Yeah it's a one of the best shows right now ...

It would be awesome if this show could get it's own topic in the Sci-Fi Stream ??

Comment

I'm really liking this show, too would like to see it get it's own folder.

Comment

Working...
                                X