Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenton-Atlantis
    replied
    I really like Caprica i dont no why i enjoy the story i watch it and SGU equally but im more Stargate man so obviousely SGU like more

Leave a comment:

• Wayston
    replied
    Gattaca was a great movie, but I am very doubtfull it would have made a great series

Leave a comment:

• globex
    replied
    Originally posted by UniverseSizePlotHole View Post
    I hear you brother!
    and caprica isn't soapy as people make it out to be.It's kinda like watching Gattaca style sci-fi. It's exploring different theme in sci-fi.

Leave a comment:

• Starfist
    replied
    Originally posted by TBA View Post
    Then go watch the series, silly
    I would love to watch the series.
    I am waiting for the series to be released on DVD.

This is because I don't have a Sky TV System, Cable or a Digital TV Receiver.

ttyl
    Starfist

Leave a comment:

• TBA
    replied
    Then go watch the series, silly

Leave a comment:

• Starfist
    replied
    I enjoyed watching the 'Pilot' episode.
    But I'm sad to say that I can not comment on the series as a whole as I've not watched any episodes.

ttyl
    Starfist

Leave a comment:

• UniverseSizePlotHole
    replied
    Originally posted by globex View Post
    Caprica is better at expressing and showing REAL human emotions and behaviour than, SGU.
    I hear you brother!

Leave a comment:

• MattSilver 3k
    replied
    *Is it me or does Caprica suck?

Just sayin'.

Leave a comment:

• Galileo_Galilee
    replied
    Well, tonight's episode was an improvement. Still slow though.

Leave a comment:

• globex
    replied
    Caprica is better at expressing and showing REAL human emotions and behaviour than, SGU.

Leave a comment:

• Kliggins
    replied
    I don't think it sucks, but I did not watch BSG and had no expectations as to what Caprica should be. I just started watching and am letting it go where it goes. I think some episodes have been uneven or better than others, however most TV shows are that way. I would like but don't expect home runs every week. Everybody has off days at work or in this case off episodes. It may get cancelled, but I am watching it until they do.

Leave a comment:

• Pharaoh Atem
    replied
    i don't hate caprica but i really don't see how its going to connect with BSG.

Leave a comment:

• Galileo_Galilee
    replied
    I don't doubt that Caprica is Science Fiction, but it's more sci-fi light. Because really, aside from having a huge vr world and the Cylon Chasis, there is no real difference between it and our world. Any differences there are is minor.

And in fact, we could already have a proto Cylon Chasis. For example, have you seen the actual Terminator model they used in the movies? Not to mention, the mechanics bbehind things like making a monkey mask ujse facial expressions.

Religion plays a large part in our world as well as theirs.

We have the Mafia. I don't know how powerful it really is though.

But in terms of vr worlds we are coming closer each decade. For example, huge games like World Of Warcraft could be considered a kind of proto-virtual reality. It would not surprise me at all if some people do use vr glasses to play it.

So it's really not all that different from our world, but i still consider it sci-fi. Mostly because it is on another planet that has several colonized worlds connected to it.

Leave a comment:

• Petra
    replied
    Originally posted by travis View Post
    Yes sci-fi and all forms of genre in movies and TV shows have gone through a lot of change to push and explore boundries but some time going back to basic can be just as ground breaking and entertaining as being all avant-garde.
    But that's the point. It's easy to say "let's go back to basics", it's much harder to define what "the basics" mean. Is it proto science-fiction? Stories from mentioned pulp magazines? Flying saucers? Hard sci-fi? If SGU and Caprica struggle to survive I have a hard time believing that true hard sci-fi, demanding much more focus and knowledge from its viewer/reader, would have any chance in today's tv. Anything post-hard sci-fi incorporates soft sci-fi you complain about. It's hardly avant-garde.

Leave a comment:

• ipfnd
    replied
    Honestly although I watched all the episodes I thought BSG sucked also. Caprica is better but starting to suck kinda hard.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X