• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Hand Of God (110)

Visit the Episode GuideGALACTICA SEASON ONE
    THE HAND OF GOD
    EPISODE NUMBER - 110

Desperately low on fuel, the Galactica launches a daring attack on a Cylon mining base, but Kara must stay behind. President Roslin begins to hallucinate -- in fulfillment of an ancient prophecy.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 25 April 2011, 05:27 PM.

Why is it called "The Hand of God"?

Is Baltar God when he points at the storage tank and says "there"!

Comment

Originally posted by voigtstr
      Why is it called "The Hand of God"?

Is Baltar God when he points at the storage tank and says "there"!
      I dont think so. Like it was God's hand that guided Baltar's that pointed to the right target that essentially saved the fleet. So yeah. THe Hand of God inspired the episode i think is the idea.

Comment

I disagree, i think the hand of god is referring to the halucinations that Roslin has, they are images given to her from the lord of kobol, i think roslin is more closely involved with god than gaius.

Comment

Originally posted by Grin
          I disagree, i think the hand of god is referring to the halucinations that Roslin has, they are images given to her from the lord of kobol, i think roslin is more closely involved with god than gaius.
          I personally think that the name has multiple meanings. Like, it does refer to Roslin, as well as Gaius. I have to say that Gaius is more related though. Gaius was effected by the hand of God. Roslin is influenced by the hands of the GODS. There is a difference. If they were concerned with Roslin's religious hallucinations, they would refer to the Gods, not God. I think the name is much more centric on Gaius, then on Roslin. BUt i still believe that the name can refer to more than one instance in the episode.

Comment

Lest we forget, Apollo is also a god('s name).
            Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
            sigpic

Comment

wow that was an ep...love it...my favourite moment - when Lee was with his father together before the attack....man i love them......

Comment

Yes, I liked this episode. It was nice to see Lee doing something mad, and to see that Adama does appreciate his skills.
                I thought it was funny when Adama referred to "Captain Adama" when he was talking to Starbuck, rather than saying "Lee" or even "Apollo".
                Nice touch with the lighter. I was wondering if they had any cigars left to light with it, but Starbuck still had one stashed away!
                Overall, lots of father-son bonding. Good to see. Can't think of anything else to say about it really.
                Please... leave the touching to the experts.

Comment

I just wanted to add my favourite bit of dialogue from this episode:

Tigh: Refresh my memory - what year was it that you graduated from war college?
                  Starbuck: What's the matter, Colonel, married life not all you expected? (winks)

I just love the way that they will always find time to needle each other even in crises!
                  Please... leave the touching to the experts.

Comment

I would've loved to be invited to the party at the end, And I especially loved the scene where Adama gives Lee the lighter.

'I'll bring it back...' - Lee
                    'You better or I'll kick your ass, it's a good lighter.' - Adama
                    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Grin View Post
                      Well, I don't think anyone ever mentioned God to Roslin, however Six seems obsessed with carrying out God's will, and by the sounds of things and what occured after Baltar's 'magic' random decision - It was pointed out at the end that Baltar admitted that he may indeed be an 'instrument of God', now the 'hand of god' means to carry out God's will - That is appaently what Baltar did when he picked the spot in which to drop the nuke.
                      Either Six is the Hand of God, or Baltar is. When I say Six, I mean the Six inside Baltar's head.
                      I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                      Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Wow. This is my favourite ep so far. Fantastic all the way through.
                        Lots of good bonding moments between father and son. The lighter was cool. Starbuck learnt to know what it was like to be in a battle outside of the cockpit. Nice to see that they addressed the problem of fuel, and backed themselves to go on the offensive against the Cylon. The fighters hidden in the Freighters was brilliant. Good to see Apollo backed himself too. Loved the scenes when the fighters came back after the mission, and everyone was partying, and the background music suited well.
                        Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

I cant believe i never watched this show befor.

This episode was awesome.
                          For a moment i though they had a spie in there command staff, when there first tactic failed.
                          We are born capable of greatness... If we are to be who we are, and what we are; if we are to accomplish great things, then we must learn the heart's most essential rule:

Comment

Excellent episode just wow, loved the twist in the battle after what we thought was the plan failed. And was I the only one getting a Luke Skywalker vibe off Apollo when he was flying down that conveyor?

Ohh and what is happening with Rosalind? Crazy stuff going on
                            A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

okay..this tops everything in this season...
                              the best episode so far....
                              i love adama...he is such a great character....
                              ..and of course baltar.."I'm an instrument of God"...^^
                              ...oh man this show gets better and better...good that I bought Season 2 also
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X