• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down (109)

Visit the Episode GuideGALACTICA SEASON ONE
    TIGH ME UP, TIGH ME DOWN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 109

Colonel Tigh is stunned when his wife miraculously turns up in the fleet, having escaped the Cylon attack and wishing to reconcile.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 25 April 2011, 05:27 PM.

I loved the humor in this episode. It was a different aspect I hadn't really noticed before.

Comment

I just rewatched this one last night. It's probably the closest thing BSG has to a comedy episode so far and I thought it was great fun. Tigh's wife is so over the top there's no way you can take her seriously (still unsure if she's a cyclon though).

So many funny moments in this ep. Poor Baltar being batted back and forth between the higher forces. The dinner party where poor Lee gets some unwanted attention and later in the testing room where everyone is accusing everyone else. It all builds up to the scene where Tigh yells at Adama "She thinks you're a cyclon!" and then they pause and both turn to stare at Roslin. Perfect.

EJO directed this one and he put in some really nice, atypical camera shots. I really liked the early camera shot of a desparing Baltar that slowly panned back over all the blood tubes for testing. I also liked the camera shots under the tables, both with Baltar and at the dinner party.

Comment

Even though Ellen is my least fav character, this episode remains one of my favorites because of the humor and the excellent acting!!!! The dinner scene is the highlight of the episode. CLASSIC COMEDY!!!! *in my opinion of course *

Comment

Originally posted by k8tbug1
          Even though Ellen is my least fav character, this episode remains one of my favorites because of the humor and the excellent acting!!!! The dinner scene is the highlight of the episode. CLASSIC COMEDY!!!! *in my opinion of course *
          yeah I agree with you that Dinner scene had me and my family Laugthing for a good while and the whole episode was just funny

the only thing I hope they dont do with Ellen is make her a Cylon...

Comment

The dinner scene was nothing compared to the comedy that transpired in the lab when Ellen and Col. Tigh walked in.

"We need to find Earth, because if we don't then no one will remember a man named William Adama, or a Battlestar named Galactica."

Comment

Originally posted by k8tbug1
              just can agree with this...LOL...

Comment

This has to be my favourite episode so far. I can't think of anything I disliked about it, and I am planning to watch it all over again as soon as possible. There were so many good bits I can't really say what my favourite bit was. Oh, I was glad to see the photo-burning in "previously on BSG"; I was hoping it would be in (and it is a different photo from the one in the mini-series!). Very good episode.
                Last edited by Catsitter; 11 August 2006, 01:48 PM.
                Please... leave the touching to the experts.

Comment

The humour in this episode is great, especially when they're all arguing in the lab at the end and Baltar's just spinning in his chair. The scene where Kara walks in and Baltar's having bumsex with an invisible cylon was hysterical, especially when the camera picks up Six bent over with her ass out but looking up at Kara suspiciously.
                  And when Saul's wife is drunk and blames Adama for touching her leg under the table and touching herwhilst she pretended to be asleep, and when she herself touches Lee under the table with her foot. (starts laughing hysterically) Every single television scifi series needs an episode like this one.

It is definately one of the best one's they've ever made so far.
                  I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                  Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Yes yes one of those rare episodes filled with humor, something somewhat of a rarity in the world of BSG. I still laugh out loud whenever I think of Baltar just spinning around in his chair with that silly grin on his face while everyone else is talking to eachother and noone is paying attention to him. I look forward to the next time Olmos directs an episode, which is coming up this season.
                    "Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" - Tom Zarek

Comment

Originally posted by Legionnaire View Post
                      Yes yes one of those rare episodes filled with humor, something somewhat of a rarity in the world of BSG. I still laugh out loud whenever I think of Baltar just spinning around in his chair with that silly grin on his face while everyone else is talking to eachother and noone is paying attention to him. I look forward to the next time Olmos directs an episode, which is coming up this season.
                      I wouldn't be looking for quite the same thing from this next ep that Olmos is directing

Spoiler:
                      It's supposed to be a very dark episode, in stark contrast to Tigh Me Up Tigh Me Down. Still can't wait!!!!!

Yippie! Post #5000!

Comment

Spoiler:
                        Yea, the way Season 3 has been going i didn't expect the next Olmos episode to be a bundle of joy but I'll keep looking to Baltar for my black humour I suppose.
                        "Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" - Tom Zarek

Comment

Its very convenient that Tigh's wife shows up, and its still not clear if she is a Cylon because Baltar's not doing the tests properly

Lots of funny scenes in this ep though
                          Also nice to see that the Cylons tried something new, and tried to blow up the BSG with the 'injured' fighter. Good to see that Tigh still had his smarts about him and launched the fighters...
                          Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

This is definitly one of my favorite episodes in all of BSG seasons because not only of the slightly lighter sarcastic tones, and as people have mentioned, ellen tigh, the foot thing at dinner (LOL), the lab scenes (the expressions are priceless when ellen goes "you can tell me to do that" when laura tells her to be quiet), the expressions of saul and adama in the lab,

BUT

my most favorite part of this episode is the whole dinner/family sequence. adama, roslin, and lee are completely acting like a family, wheras now, they're broken...

plus the looks adama and roslin share when ellen stupidly talks about zach...so cute and sad.

reminds me alot of the BSG fan-vid Al Adama.

love this epi, its my favorite of season one.

Dorka is a beautiful genius

.:A/R:.

Comment

loved this epsiode it wqs greqt to see a differnt side of tigh and intrducing ellen was fun.

i love the dinner when ellan says booo to commander adama.
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                              X