• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water (102)

Visit the Episode GuideGALACTICA SEASON ONE
    WATER
    EPISODE NUMBER - 102

Lt. Valerii fears that she may somehow be responsible for sabotage on the Galactica after six detonators are found missing.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 25 April 2011, 05:21 PM.

i'm glad the writers addressed the issue of supplies such as water. in a later episode they did it with fuel, but they never mentioned how they solved their food situation? anyone know? i remember baltar giving a figure on how many pounds of meat and vegetable the fleet needed, they have the water but what about food?

this episode though was prolly my least favorite. after 33, it was hard act to follow

Comment

I agree. The episode had a good objective, but i really didnt like it. It was SO boring. It was really very anticlimactic in a sense. Because where were they supposed to put a climax? Yeah. I didn't like it.

Comment

Just comes to show how realistic BSG can be.

I love happy endings.
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Its nice to see that they addressed the supply issue, and were realistic about rations, etc. It was interesting to see the conflict Boomer had in saying that she found the water too.
          Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

This was a very quiet episode after a very busy mini series and first episode, and its was great to see the water freezing into ice droplets as it hit space.

Also seems like Boomer has some degree of control over her Cylon programming interesting to see how this will play out.
            A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Love this episode! When they lose the water, I can almost feel just how much in trouble the fleet is from that point forward.

Comment

A decent Boomer episode, but parts of it felt rather awkward to me, particularly the Baltar/Starbuck scene (though I sort of liked how it ended) and a couple of the big debriefing scenes.

I liked that even though the problem of finding water was solved in TV fashion (regardless of the labor aspect introduced next episode, it's still giving into a TV trope to find water that quickly), some tension was brought into that scene through Boomer fighting her "8-ness" and of course the bomb.

Now, for the rating. Understand that I don't grant obligatory points for being decently well-produced, or being competently directed, or for being part of a good show. I grant points basically on "things to recommend the episode", with a 5 rating being a keystone for a typical, average episode.

4/10
                sigpic
                Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

I think this is one of the episodes where nothing much happens yet but which has a high sense of anticipation. They're so easily in such big trouble. Just because there isn't a huge dogfight doesn't mean they're safe. I loved the two eights too.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cyke View Post
                    i'm glad the writers addressed the issue of supplies such as water. in a later episode they did it with fuel, but they never mentioned how they solved their food situation? anyone know? i remember baltar giving a figure on how many pounds of meat and vegetable the fleet needed, they have the water but what about food?

this episode though was prolly my least favorite. after 33, it was hard act to follow
                    they gotta find planets w/ major resources n gather strenously; i wonder if like the origininal they can grow crops hydroponically too
                    If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                    [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Great, great episode. Like many have said before, it's a quiet episode - a nice, slower pace after the insanely charged miniseries and first ep. I cannot (and never do) get over how amazing the actors on this show are.

I absolutely adored the scene between Roslin and Apollo; it was very poignant. I also loved all the Roslin/Adama scenes (ship notwithstanding) these two are my favourite characters by far. They have such gravitas (a credit to the writers and to EJO and MM). They are so strong but not without still being human, with all the frailties that come with that.
                      "We still commit murder because of greed and spite and jealousy, and we still visit all of our sins upon our children. We refuse to accept the responsibility for anything we've done. [...] Its not enough to survive... One has to be worthy of survival."
                      ~William Adama

All this has happened before. All this is happening again.

Comment

Great episode just finished watchin it on my Re Watch of BSG. I noticed a few things i missed before. I love this show
                        sigpic
                        Kenton Canada

Comment

I really liked that they didn't ignore basic needs in this show. I also liked that about SGU.

Comment

This one seemed a little slow, but it was nice that they did something realistic, like running out of water.
                            sigpic

Comment

Just like SGU they addressed the need for supplies. And i loved how twitchy Boomer was when she thought she was Cylon (which she turned out to be).

Comment

Working...
                              X