Battlestar galactica 2013 film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battlestar galactica 2013 film

If you haven't heard there are currently plans for a battlestar film based on the original series, feel free to do some research for more info but any ones thoughts on this, personally I thought the newer series was amazing and never watched the older series but don't mind the idea of a new film.

UPDATE: "On July 12, 2012 however, an article written on the San Diego Comic Con Battlestar Panel stated that Richard Hatch and Jane Espenson are convinced that "Blood and Chrome is still on the table as a series for SyFy, and that Bryan Singer’s BSG movie is on track"."

"In October 2011 writer John Orloff was reported to have been hired as the script writer of this new feature film version of Battlestar Galactica, which as stated before by Singer will be based on the original 1978 series, though not a continuation of said original 1978 series."

RECENT INTERVIEW:
    Last edited by tomaso88; August 3, 2012, 04:59 AM.

They trotted the idea out when RDM BSG was coming to an end.

I'll believe it when I see it.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/07/...-bsg-on-track/

Comment

I can easily see a BSG film franchise coming to fruition.

Blood and chrome a still born, Syfy is simply not interested in a doing a science fiction series set in space right now, in fact I do not think they are that interested in doing science fiction.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post

Blood and chrome a still born, Syfy is simply not interested in a doing a science fiction series set in space right now, in fact I do not think they are that interested in doing science fiction.
          Pretty much...sadly
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
            Pretty much...sadly
            I don't even watch Syfy anymore. Only when Warehouse 13 picks back up will I tune in.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Would be cool to see them adapt Richard Hatch's idea for the revamp...

Not gonna happen but would be cool.
              I like Sharky
              sigpic

Comment

Given the disaster with Blood and Chrome, I think that a film franchise would be a great way of keeping the series alive and for there to always be fresh material

Comment

I hope they do something.
                  But as Digifluid says... I'll believe it when I see it.
                  "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                  Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                  Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                  Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                  I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                  To thy own self... Be true
                  May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

On July 12, 2012 however, an article written on the San Diego Comic Con Battlestar Panel stated that Richard Hatch and Jane Espenson are convinced that "Blood and Chrome is still on the table as a series for SyFy, and that Bryan Singer’s BSG movie is on track".

Comment

Waiting for "Blood and Chrome" or a Battlestar Galactica movie is getting to be like waiting for Duke Nukem Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by DemosCat View Post
                        Waiting for "Blood and Chrome" or a Battlestar Galactica movie is getting to be like waiting for Duke Nukem Forever.
                        Oh god, please no...
                        sigpic

Comment

^^^ haha i can understand that.
                          anyways though
                          MASSIVE UPDATE:

Comment

any galactica is good galactica.... except 1980.... though the comic re imaging was really good
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X