Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loved the plan, but was skeptical about it before I bought it due to the poor reviews that it was recieving online, my skepticism was just plain wrong, the plan turned out to be a wonderful movie.

The good.

We are given a much better understanding of the colonies destruction, I actually was very moved by the depiction of each of the colonies that were shown nuked. (and let's face it, the visuals on the nuked bodies in the temple scene were horrifingly well done).

The entire simon romance and plotline was expertly put together, and caused a very dramatic theme throughout the movie.

Caprica cavil was awesome, yet, knowing that he is of the same model as the child murdering galactica counterpart (who's name was John by the way), and would be boxed for his revelation, makes one wonder if the lead cavil would have been changed if he had actually downloaded the memories of his counterpart.

Sharon Vilarrie's worst enemy... is a toy elephant.... ok.... Perhaps it had a microchip inside that activated her, and therefore looked innocent enough, however it is also possible that it was used in her "sleeper/hypnosis" training as a mental switch for her, and might have been a toy she played with as a "child".

Revelation of whom Caprica was talking to... Cavil!

Leoben explained more.

We did learn that Cavil airlocked natalie! (though I never remember him offing the brunette six that was in his bed. Yes I know she was his frak-buddy, but she just plain dissapeared!)

The very disturbing scene reminicent of the holocaust on earth, where the human corpses were staked in the graves, it's no wonder that anders' team took revenge on the cylons present there instead of conserving ammo, who wouldn't be enraged/horrified by the sight?
    =========
    The ok.

We learn that colonial military is certinantly not for the prudish, or those who have trouble hiding their sexual arousal, by the extended scene in the showers, where before we only had hints of some sort of joint wash room.(not that I minded the nudity, it's just... Colonial culture, and not my own I guess).

Tory was shown with her life before the colonies, but not much of what she did during her time in the feet other than aiding roslin (the only main character absent unless you count D'Anna).

Caprica Cavil's "rescue" is both funny, and not quite believeable. Sure, he had no reason to fear death, and wanted to "infitrate" the resistance, but his "plea" for help, didn't sound quite genuine, not to mention the lack of burns, scars or bullet wonds that captors typically inflict on corpses in order to ensure that they are truely dead.

The movie should have been longer, or had less scenes from the series, which it couldn't have done, as each scene used was perfect for the material that they needed with the many added scenes given in the plan. This should have been a three hour movie, which would have included the second half of the "war", though I'm sure that by the time that the budget was finished for the plan, everyone's wallet was in the red.
    =============
    The bad

The image quality differential between the edited and added scenes was noticible, big time, though that can't be helped, and is easily overlooked the second time through.

Where in the world did the brunette six dissapear to?

Why did the movie end so quickly!? Why did the movie not elaborate more on Caprica 6 and Boomer's "liberation" of the humans, and the one scene that they were in together get deleted?

No scene where the final five were betrayed or created the cylons? I'm hoping for the plan PtII.
    Last edited by Chev's Ron; 27 October 2009, 09:48 PM.
    Ani Ohev Eretz Yisrael V'Chol Hakavod L'Tzahal.
    -----------------------------------------------
    I support Israel, my home, and my Jewish bretheren fully and with all my heart. I wish everyone I know in Tzahal health and safety!

Is loving the best addition to the Stargate Saga, known as Universe!

Comment

[QUOTE=Chev's Ron;10761107

Leoben explained more. (We did learn that cavil airlocked natalie, though I never remember him offing the brunette six that was in his bed)

.[/QUOTE]

well of course not she was frakking him.... so no air locking the one giving you some.... that's just bad form. LOL!!
      sigpic

Comment

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2009/...tica-the-plan/

Review: Cylons Rule in Recycled Battlestar Galactica: The Plan
        Oct 28 2009

EXCERPT: There’s plenty of eye candy in The Plan, too: The space shots, nuke attacks and havoc wreaked on the colonies’ 12 planets are on par with the rest of Galactica’s gritty CGI look. There are also a few bits of gratuitous nudity, both male and female, that will doubtless be cut from this unrated DVD version when the movie airs on Syfy.

What The Plan doesn’t have is much in the way of heavy revelations. It also lacks a strong, standalone narrative. Perhaps most disappointing, the characters who made the series so compelling — Olmos’ steely fleet commander William Adama, Katee Sackhoff’s unpredictable fighter pilot Kara “Starbuck” Thrace, Michael Hogan’s irascible Saul Tigh — barely appear in The Plan. When they do, it’s usually in recycled scenes that will have fans of the series flashing back to the show’s glory days.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Prion

I love your signature. It is awesome!! LOL
          sigpic

Comment

I liked it alot but was disapointed we didnt see cavil suffocate the 5, a brief appearance of daniel or if the ship that apollo shot down was full of cylons or not.

i honestly though the plan was much more complex but i guess not.

still a good show though.

Comment

Originally posted by jdog View Post
              I liked it alot but was disapointed we didnt see cavil suffocate the 5, a brief appearance of daniel or if the ship that apollo shot down was full of cylons or not.

I hope that never ever gets told, personally. IMO knowing whether it was full of civilians or Cylons would completely kill the resonance of "33".
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

like digi said it would ruin the moment as it plays throught the 4 seas
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

For the pass day or so I've been reading every one's comments
                  I was all set for a big disappointment when my copy came in the mail this morning
                  after watching,, well it is as others have said,
                  quite a-lot of re-ashing scenes,though,some are done to explain who,what,where,why and when.I found enjoyable anyway.Somethings are left out.(to bad)
                  If anyone LUVS Dean Stockwell.well,he runs amok ,he is everywhere,Enjoyable.
                  Now I'm going to re-watch it,COMENTARY STYLE,
                  Olmos and the Executive Producer,do the talking.
                  The Plan should have been longer,,maybe The Plan 2?

Comment

If 'The Plan' is any indication of how a follow-up to itself would be, god I hope not.
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

nope the Plan was just good old fashioned genocide.

This was just a very well written clip show with half a back story to milk the studio a few more wonga, I'm glad Tori didn't have a big part in it though, I really hated her character.

I really dislike this deleted scenes crap too, I mean come on you write a story specifically to close a story down, it's going direct to DVD, the fans are not going to care in the slightest if it's 2 hours or 5 hours cos only the established fans are going to buy it, so why cut stuff out? uuuurrrrggggghhhhh!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                        nope the Plan was just good old fashioned genocide.
                        What I took from it was that "The Plan" was for the Cylons to prove to the final five who made them the inherently flawed and inferior nature of humankind in the hopes of making the final five realize the Cylons were the "better children" over the humans the final five had built them all to emulate.

Basically they saw themselves as a superior replacement for the human race and were trying to convince the final five, their creators who they love, that this was the truth. The final five don't agree because they all used to be humans themselves and so aspire to recreate humanity where as the Cylons aspire to exceed humanity at everything humanity does.

Cavil hates humanity so he has the final five brainwashed and dumped down there to live amongst them because he thinks that if they actually live amongst humans they'll see them for the sinful inferiors they are, just like he does.

Of course since he hates humanity so much his plan to retrieve the final five for the big I told you so is simply "I'll just kill all the humans so the five just resurrect here". The final part of his plan is also of course to get rid of all the humans because to his machine way of thinking if they're not there anymore then it will be impossible for the final five to continue to love them.

It's not till the end that Caprica Cavil realizes that the whole thing was a waste and a backfire because not only did Ellen "not learn any gods damn lessons" and become entrenched in the idea of not apologizing, he's also seen how humans, and thus the final five, will often love people even more when they're gone, as well as come to hate those who took them away.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                          Cavil hates humanity so he has the final five brainwashed and dumped down there to live amongst them because he thinks that if they actually live amongst humans they'll see them for the sinful inferiors they are, just like he does.

and still he doesn't get his way, the FIVE love humanity more and more.
                          sigpic

Comment

I loved the two main versions of Cavil in this. It was really interesting to see how two different versions of the same Cylon could have such fundamental differences thanks to the influence of a Final Five. They both take on the role of Preachers (or the BSG equivalent) and while one is living with the last "known" humans he grows to hate them more and more, and ask each attempt to destroy them fails he grows that hated just gets stronger.

Then you have Cavil living with Anders, and while he tries to get Anders to forgive the Cylons (and pisses Anders off just by asking), it's Anders love and devotion for humanity that helps sway this Cavil into seeing the error of their ways and it is amazing just how different Cavil acts.

Plus you have John, who just despised everything about himself, humanity, everything really. I loved seeing how very different the Cylons could be as opposed to just Boomer and Athena.

sigpic

Comment

Even the Cavils have different personalities. The one who lived with Anders was growing on me... marginally.... but i actually didn't want to see him dead.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
                                and still he doesn't get his way, the FIVE love humanity more and more.
                                Yeah, basically everything he did to try and make the final 5 love the Cylons more was wrong and backfired because he didn't understand how human emotions work. It's interesting because it's so obvious to us as humans why his plan would backfire, why killing the human race and trying to expose them as sinful inferior beings who deserved it would be the last thing to make the final five like him and the other Cylons more. As a machine built to try and imitate a human though, and apparently the first try at it no less, it's just not obvious to Cavil because his design only forces him to pretend at being human, but he's not actually human. The ultimate source of his hatred for humanity as well. He resents the fact that he exists as an intentionally limited imitation of something else when the technology used to create him as an artificial life form could have made him into so much more. He feels he was robbed by his own creators thanks to their misguided belief in humanity's value as a species.

To him his plan makes perfect logical sense. If all the humans are gone then the final five can not love them anymore because they are gone, and if the final five see the humans for sinful inferiors after living among them, they'll no longer feel the need to limit Cylon models to being nothing more than deliberately limited imitations of humans.

Comment

Working...
                                X