This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ew, Cylon "Chia pets" 4 sale?

Remember that scene in Razor where the cylons were doing "research" on human tissue and dna? With that in mind, check THIS out...

http://www.moma.org/exhibitions/2008/elasticmind/#/70/

In case you can't quite read what the text in the second of two pictures says, here it is...

"In a world where the value of life decreases daily, where boundries between real and artificial are increasingly blurred, where children are far removed from what life is and what sustains life, comes the toy that will truly confuse them and rob them of any remaining sense of what is natural.

Epidermits are fully functioning organisms, resulting from advanced tissue engineering and the latest fuel cell and electronics technology. They don't feel pain - or think - but follow a complex set of algorithms. They require minimal maintainance, can be stored in a state of forced hibernation in a standard refrigerator, and are customizable with different body, skin and hair selections and through tanning, tattooing, and piercing."

That is just SO wrong.

That's just bizarre. Quite the accomplishment if we're able to just manufacture an inanimate blob of flesh. I wonder if it gets old and wrinkly. And I don't even want to think of the sure-to-follow 'adult' applications of such an invention.
    Last edited by DigiFluid; 28 March 2008, 11:52 PM.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Spoiler:
      (Shhhhhh! Not to ruin it but, I'm pretty sure that's a complete fake. It's actually part of an art show going on at MOMA [the Museum Of Modern Art] in NYC called "Design and the Flexible Mind". That doesn't make it any less creepy an idea though does it?)

Comment

I always figured Gaeta's hair was the Chia pet of the show...
        Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X