This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    true, if cain wanted pliant replacements, she should have taken the families as well...or at least maintained the 'they're gonna be okay' subtrefuge.

by murdering them, she's bringing over some mighty resentful people
    then again we don't know if any of the draftees (that did come along) had families - only the scylla had families and for all we know all those selectees who did have families disobeyed & were summarily executed
    (also in s2e11 Fisk said "we lined up 2 families & shot 'em", by 'famillies' he probably means the entire families, selectees+spouses+kids...)

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Genius_McKay
      Cain should have explained the situation to the civilians and reasoned with them that they both needed each other. The civies needed her battlestar for protection and she needed their assistance in labor, supplies and any other output they could produce. Not to mention they need to start makin babies sometime!
      that would've been the right & logical (not to mention lawful) thing to do, but that's the thing see, duty & morality were not part of Cain's MO

hers was more of a "we stronger, we do what we want" darwinist kinda logic

with characters such as Cain & her minions (fisk, shaw etc.) the writers meant to show that humans can be just as bad as the cylons if not worse

even Tigh turned evil for a moment (he was willing to bomb a marketplace full of civilians) but somehow I doubt he would've blindly followed Cain's orders like Fisk did

btw caprica6 seemed to know about those events (in s3, as prisoner onboard the Galactica she told Roslin something like "seeing how you treat your own kind") but I dunno how the hell she could've known this (unless Gina did download & survive to tell her tale to the others)
      Last edited by SoulReaver; 03 January 2008, 01:46 PM.

Comment

I also agree about the guidance part - doubtful Adama would've done the same thing to his civilian fleet, at worst he would've just left 'em behind & continued the war

Comment

I just got my hands on the DVD it took me a moment to relize that the 2 min clips were the yonger Adama. Over I thought it was good and look forward to it starting back up in March.
          May the force be with you

Comment

I liked these:

Viperisall
            Late to the Gate

Comment

I liked the movie. It wasn't fantastic, but everything was well played out. The older cylons and the Pegasus flashbacks made it for me (Very awesome). Cain's crazy, Kendra's crazier and everyone's cool with it. And so am I.

Can't wait for Season 4!
              ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I'm just wondering if anyone has viewed the bonus disc that apparently came with some versions of this yet, and if the content on it is enough to make it worth seeking out those versions if I want to buy it.

Comment

I can't believe this is the first time I'm watching Razor. I had no idea Steve Bacic was in it or I would have seen it sooner. One of my favorite actors. That ***** killing him only furthers my dislike of her. She is so stupid. He doesn't want to get everybody killed so I'll kill him. Yay I'm so cool.

"So Say We All" So moving watching these kind of scenes.

Cain is pretty evil... Ordering the torture of the cylon in my opinion not because she was a cylon but because her feelings were hurt by the betrayal. Also the thing with the Civilians.. the people she is supposed to be defending, an oath, you know the reason their is a military and she does what she did to them. Deciding who lives and who dies for 'military need' their is no need for a military without the people.. doesn't she realize this... thank god she's dead lol

'Shoot the families of any..." wow. Go shoot yourself Cain.

As I watch I can't help but rant about how much I hate her lol I hate people who rant about their hatred for characters lol and yet I continue to do so myself. Please forgive, it's hard for me to see her side. Yes what she says about becoming 'Razors' in her opinion might see like the thing to do but what really is the point to become something so cold even in order to survive.

I don't know why I like Shaw when I hate Cain though. It's puzzling. Maybe it's her lips :/ They both did awful things that can be reasoned were bad or good or needed to be or not needed to be done. One reason I enjoy BSG, floats around the morally dark/grey areas. Sucks that we'll never see her character again, she was really starting to grow on me even after what she did. Again I don't know why I see her differently then Cain, but I do.Also, last bit, I loved the Father Son talk near the end. Very great movie/whatever you call it. I enjoyed it.

Even Tigh turned evil for a moment (he was willing to bomb a marketplace full of civilians) but somehow I doubt he would've blindly followed Cain's orders like Fisk did
                  Her XO didn't either and gets shot for his trouble, seemingly one of her close friends... what a ____ she is.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    cain was messed up. her family had been murdered. she was commanding a beaten up ship, struggling to survive, overwhelmed by the whole mess of survival... and i can't recall, what this pre or post gina? Had gina already been outed?
                    It was pre-gina, that's why I found the entire cain not making sense.

One moment she's still saying she wouldn't lead em to death, the other moment she's a wacko, how she got to be admiral...

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor View Post
                      One moment she's still saying she wouldn't lead em to death, the other moment she's a wacko, how she got to be admiral...
                      Adama describes her to Roslin as "well-connected" in "Pegasus" if I remember correctly... nice connections can really help your career

I really enjoyed Razor, there were some truly moving scenes and I found the actors performed really well. Can't wait for season 4!!

Comment

Cain got to be an admiral because she obsessively pursued her career to the exclusion of all else. I would say it was over guilt to do with her sister which is the same reason she went over the deep end when the Cylons attacked. The return of the Cylons and their victory over the human race was more than she could handle and she stopped really operating rationally. She may have said certain things to her crew to address their fears but I don't think she really meant them or believed them herself. For her this was her chance to drown the guilt and shame of her earlier cowardice in as much Cylon blood as possible and that overcame her rationality.

Cain would have been a perfectly normal person in peacetime or even conventional war as we see at the begining of Razor, but the extreme circumstances of their situation broke her down and brought out all those long buried demons in her, and that's what began to govern her actions.

Basically, thinking it was the end of the world and that the hated Cylons had all but won, she went nuts. Because of her past experiences her rational mind just couldn't survive in that reality.

Comment

I missed this when it showed on TV so i'm going to get it on dvd (along with SG: Ark of Truth).

The Moment that should NOT have happened!

Comment

Also she didn't have the president saying the war is over, we lost. If adama hadn't had lee (whos big on the protecting the people, democracy etc), the president with him, then adama would of at least got into the fight and galactica would of lost. Saying that cain should of protected those civilians but she didn't because she had no-one looking over her shoulder. Adama did, in fact he had 3 people watching his every plan at anytime: roslin, lee and tigh. Also to some extent starbuck, who was reluctant to destroy the olympic carrier, because there was a possibility that there might be people on board (to me it looked obvious the cylons had armed it with nukes and wanted to destroy the fleet that way, but that's another story).

Comment

While Cain did become unreasonable, I don't think she lost her sanity. She lost perspective, but not her sanity. She remained capable of strategy and tactics, albeit brutal ones.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                                I also agree about the guidance part - doubtful Adama would've done the same thing to his civilian fleet, at worst he would've just left 'em behind & continued the war
                                If you watch the pilot you will see that he did leave part of the fleet behind - those without FTL drives.

'All of this has happened before
                                And all of this will happen again
                                So say we all.'

Comment

Working...
                                X