This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Peagsus fleet

Hi, long time reader/vistor first time poster.

In antisipation for season 3 Scifi recently did a marathon for Galactica. In the episode where the fleet meets battlestar Peagsus we learn that, at one point, Peagsus had its own civilian fleet but canabalized a good amount of the ships for parts and left those that Cain felt werent useful to drift so that Peagsus could get back into the fight.

My question is this, do you think that from this refrence we can expect the writers to one day expand upon this? As in the fleet actually runs into the people Peagsus abandoned, either alive or dead? Would this story be worth while or is it better that it be left up to the viewers to think about what happened to that fleet?

My thoughts are that the fleet left behind by Pegasus was eventually found and destroyed by the Cylons, like the rest of the fleet that could not jump with Colonial One to the space station in the miniseries. Although, I suppose it is plausible that Galactica and Pegasus could return to the location of the Pegasus fleet to see if anyone was still alive, as I'm sure the location is on record somewhere in some log in the Pegasus. But its been over a year since the Pegasus left them, so I'd say chances of finding anyone or anything still around are slim.
    "Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" - Tom Zarek

Comment

i doubt it because the pegaus prob left them about 2 month before meeting galatica and pegaus took all there food,weapons,ftl drives and crews and as cains dead (and all pegaus senior officers that were around during the incedint but subsecently died !!!!!!!!) there can be no revange story so there can be no write up

Comment

It would be interesting if the Cylons found them, and being that they were just abandoned / had family murdered by Cain they decided to betray the humanity that left them and join the Cylons.
        Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

Originally posted by titans
          It would be interesting if the Cylons found them, and being that they were just abandoned / had family murdered by Cain they decided to betray the humanity that left them and join the Cylons.
          That is an interesting theory, though the Cylons would probly use the females at "Farms" and kill the males. Another fate, they make new clone copies knowing that most of the originals are comprimised/known to the colonials.
          sigpic

Comment

But would the cylons kill them now? Before season 2 ended it seemed the cylons wanted to "protect humanity from itself" rather than kill them now.

Comment

Originally posted by WGAnubis
              But would the cylons kill them now? Before season 2 ended it seemed the cylons wanted to "protect humanity from itself" rather than kill them now.
              Protect humans?? More like enslave them.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wolfax
                Protect humans?? More like enslave them.
                That can be considered the same thing from certain perspectives.
                Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Originally posted by Chricton
                  That can be considered the same thing from certain perspectives.
                  Same thing? Slave labor is not what I call "protecting". Now if the Cylons don't use humans in that mannor then it could be a "I Robot" situation.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wolfax
                    Same thing? Slave labor is not what I call "protecting". Now if the Cylons don't use humans in that mannor then it could be a "I Robot" situation.
                    From what ive seen from the webisodes it hasnt been slave labor at all. Id say the feel is that its more like an occupation. In one of the webisodes there was refrences to cylons trying to get humans to side with them to police the encampment and such.

It will definitely be an interesting story if they do decide to touch on it.

Comment

Working...
                    X