This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

episodes 211-220 on DVD - when?

anyone know how long it usually takes till the second half of the second season will be available on DVD? I don't have Cable, so I missed the SciFi channel episodes that ran from January through April 2006.

Universal has announced that Season 2.5 will come out on September 19.
    IMO always implied.

Comment

You would think The Powers That Be would have at least waited for all the episodes of season two to air, prior to releasing it on DVD. It's just a lame-mo excuse to rip us hard working people off. Next thing they'll most probably do is re-release the second season as a complete package, stealing more of our hard-earned money. Well, that's Universal for you.

Whitestar
      Have you ever remembered what life was like before you were born? That's how it will be like after you're dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitestar
        You would think The Powers That Be would have at least waited for all the episodes of season two to air, prior to releasing it on DVD. It's just a lame-mo excuse to rip us hard working people off. Next thing they'll most probably do is re-release the second season as a complete package, stealing more of our hard-earned money. Well, that's Universal for you.

Whitestar
        I'm not that angry, we got an amazing deal with the first season, which was 13 episodes plus the miniseries.

2.0 was only ten episodes, but there really was demand for it, we paid a minor premium, but the demand WAS there. If they hadn't sold any 2.0 DVD sets, they likely would have put out a complete season instead of a 2.5 set.

Comment

The Real question is when will they get there act together and have a full season reless, becasue there is no way I'm going to buy two half seasons. Sorry thats just the way I roll.
          "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Comment

Originally posted by Night Marshal
            The Real question is when will they get there act together and have a full season reless, becasue there is no way I'm going to buy two half seasons. Sorry thats just the way I roll.
            Exactly- despite BSG being my absolute forever all-time favourite show, I could get three seasons of Stargate for the price that the entirty of season two would cost. Lets see, approx 60 eps of Stargate vs. 20 eps BSG.....hmmmmm.....

Comment

Guess you're not gonna be getting it then.
              Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

So buy the R2 version:

Course, you'll have to wait till August.

Albion
                Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Chricton
                  =), You speak the truth. I and can wait if I have to watch my VHS types for a few years its really not any loss, and by then they will most likely have some new extra on the set to get the people that bought 2.0 & 2.5 to buy the complete season too.

Also a note about 20 eps of BSG = 60 Stagegate,

I would simple point out that season 1-5 of SG-1 all had 22 eps so it would be a even better deal that you first realized.
                  "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Comment

I would simple point out that season 1-5 of SG-1 all had 22 eps so it would be a even better deal that you first realized.
                    Yup, good point.

Comment

Originally posted by Chricton
                      Again, it still has not been confirmed one way or another whether there will or will not be a complete season two set. I'm betting there will be, and I'm also among the crew who refuses to capitulate to Universal's cash-grab half-season sets. If it comes right down to it, I'll have the R2 box imported.
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by MASON
                        2.0 was only ten episodes, but there really was demand for it, we paid a minor premium, but the demand WAS there. If they hadn't sold any 2.0 DVD sets, they likely would have put out a complete season instead of a 2.5 set.
                        *sporks the people who bought 2.0.*
                        I wonder if the studio will do half-season releases next year too.

Originally posted by DigiFluid
                        Again, it still has not been confirmed one way or another whether there will or will not be a complete season two set. I'm betting there will be, and I'm also among the crew who refuses to capitulate to Universal's cash-grab half-season sets. If it comes right down to it, I'll have the R2 box imported.
                        I'm grumpily leaning that way myself, though I don't know if the R2 set will have the same special features and/or the extended Pegasus and LDYB2. I wouldn't buy it if it lacked those full-length eps.

Comment

Because Season 3 of BSG is starting in October this year there wont be a mid-season break meaning there is little reason to release Season 3 in two parts on DVD next year.

After all they only released 2.0 so that people could catch up before the rest of the season aired.

Comment

Working...
                          X