• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tricia Helfer on Six appeal & evolution; Season 2

From TGL:

Tricia Helfer on Six appeal & evolution; Season 2

by Chris Howell
    30 Jul 2005

Click on the link to read the entire article.

An interview with Battlestar Galactica’s Tricia Helfer (Number Six) can be located in the September issue of SFX Magazine. The former model talks about the show and Six’s wardrobe:

"The grass is always greener...I look at the cast’s flight suits and go ‘I just wanna be in a flight suit and sneakers! And the other girls look at me and go ‘Oh, I want a red dress and heels!’ But I think as we go along we’re gonna keep seeing more sides of Number Six, and the side I played yesterday was not dressed up like that. It’s a definite new side to Number Six that we’ve never seen before. It’s essentially another side to the Six that’s in Baltar’s head. But it’s not a separate clone…it’s another side of Baltar’s Six. Its another side of her."

Tricia praises Season 2, "...this show just keeps plugging along and there’s never a dull moment. All the episodes so far this season have been really strong with a lot going on....we have long hours and the crew and cast are doing a great job. The crew must be exhausted (the cast gets breaks here and there). But every episode is really heavy, and I think with the success of the first season and everything, [Co-Executive Producers David Eick and Ron Moore] continue to push the boundaries."

"I think a lot of the worry with [Season 1] was ‘will people accept a different take on the genre of sci-fi?’ And take harder issues, more dramatic, tougher issues. I think the success of [Season 1] proved that people are willing, are ready, for more of an adult-themed science fiction show and for tough issues to be dealt with. So, with the second season it’s definitely continued in that direction, and they continue to really put out a quality dramatic show."

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
Working...
X