This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BSG and Cylon duplicates

Are the human-form Cylons actual copies or were they created to assume a role? In other words, was there ever a real Boomer, or were there always Cylons with the assumed name and identity? It seems as though the Cylons learned how to manipulate human DNA early in their development, after the war 40 years ago, and began creating a mess of copies to implant on various worlds and in various positions.

I wonder if there was actually a real #6 or Boomer or whatever? I wonder if they were assumed roles with made up familes and memories. In a way, if that were true, it would be sorta like Blade Runner, wouldn't it?

What do you guys think?

dude ive been wondering this all along. i honestly have no idea. i would think they would have captured humans and duplicated them to replace them but i have no clue.

Comment

I think they are Cylons and ther is no real whoever... I think Boomer or Six said one time that they got human DNA and manipulated it.
      Music Videos from various fandoms

Comment

Every Cylon we've seen so far has no verifiable past. I think they're all made from scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by Vala
          I think they are Cylons and ther is no real whoever... I think Boomer or Six said one time that they got human DNA and manipulated it.
          This is what I've been thinking all along. No real whoevers, just created from scratch Cylon agents with an assumed past. So, they might have false memories like the replicants in Blade Runner.

Comment

A bit of both, in the mini-series Six made a note that they should copy Baltar's brain pattern, I'm assuming that's for duplication later.

Comment

When Baltar found out that Boomer was a cylon, didnt 6 say something along the lines of an accident on Troy, that killed people. I figured that was when Sharon went from human to cylon without knowing! Plus when Roslin thought Adama was a cylon she talked about copies and duplicates, so i guess they think thats how it works!
              Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey!

Comment

I believe that the Caprica Sharon was confronted about taking over the real Sharon's life and she said something about she knows how they weren't really her memories but the "real Sharon's memories", and Helo kept telling her like "I was in love with the real Sharon" and she'd say things like "I know, but still" etc. never denying Boomer used to be a real person and was just abducted because of her future in the fleet.
                "Did you really expect some Utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?"

Comment

Working...
                X