Clear All

Moments of Transition
    No Surrender, No Retreat
    The Exercise of Vital Powers
    The Face of the Enemy
    sigpic

Comment

Babylon Squared
      I think this is the ep where I first realized I was in for one hell of a ride.

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
        Babylon Squared
        With Signs and Portents, we already knew that there was something really big lurking in the background. With Babylon Squared, we got our first glimpse of the sheer scope of it—"to save the galaxy on the side of Light." Chilling lines from Zathras.
        sigpic

Comment

Rewatching season one, just got to disc two "Im slow".

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis345 View Post
            Rewatching season one, just got to disc two "Im slow".
            That's not slow at all. When I had a lot of work hours during the summer, it took me quite a while to even get through one disc sometimes. There were days I had time and energy for literally only 1 episode.
            sigpic

Comment

Babylon Squared
              For me, I felt the need to don my flight suit and harness (lol) as far back as "Mind War". The appearance of the Walkers from Sigma-957 was more than enough to reel me in.
              "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Today I rewatched The Coming of Shadows and All alone in the Night. These two eps are some of the most powerful in the entire series, IMHO.

I read something about JMS thinking that TCoS was as close to perfect as he could have imagined, so I wanted to (re)watch it again. (That makes three times through for me!). It truly is full of epic moments- such as the silent montage of the Centauri Emperor being stricken, poor G'kar's tragic turn from elation to despair, and Londo's giving in to his darker nature almost as a matter of fate.

However, I think the other episode was just as epic- Delennn and Sheridan both break from their governments' respective centers of power and truly are all alone in the night- except for a very few loyal comrades. The parallels between the two leaders are wonderfully laid out in this episode, as is the importance of Babylon 5 to both of them (and their causes).

Just wonderful storytelling. I think I'm enjoying my rewatch more than the first go-around!

Comment

"Midnight on the Firing Line" for the third time last night. Just as cheesy as ever, of course, but it's nice to see everyone's introductions again.
                  Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                  Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                    "Midnight on the Firing Line" for the third time last night. Just as cheesy as ever, of course, but it's nice to see everyone's introductions again.
                    Yes.
                    But it is one of the coolest names for an episode, ever.

Comment

Today I rewatched The Coming of Shadows and All alone in the Night. These two eps are some of the most powerful in the entire series, IMHO.

I read something about JMS thinking that TCoS was as close to perfect as he could have imagined, so I wanted to (re)watch it again. (That makes three times through for me!). It truly is full of epic moments- such as the silent montage of the Centauri Emperor being stricken, poor G'kar's tragic turn from elation to despair, and Londo's giving in to his darker nature almost as a matter of fate.

However, I think the other episode was just as epic- Delennn and Sheridan both break from their governments' respective centers of power and truly are all alone in the night- except for a very few loyal comrades. The parallels between the two leaders are wonderfully laid out in this episode, as is the importance of Babylon 5 to both of them (and their causes).

Just wonderful storytelling. I think I'm enjoying my rewatch more than the first go-around!
                      The Coming of Shadows was an episode that I watched over and over again when it first aired in the 90s. Goodness, I feel old all of a sudden. That was an episode that absolutely cemented B5's place as my all-time favorite sci-fi show.

Another wonderful moment: Emperor Turhan, near death, desperately asks, "How will this end?" Kosh: "In fire." Chilling words.
                      sigpic

Comment

I recently started rewatching the series for the first time in 2 years, I think. And, I'm already half way through Season 1.

Tonight, I watched:

"TKO"
                        "Grail"
                        "Signs and Portents" - ("They are here." )
                        sigpic
                        "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                        Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

'Grey 17 is missing'
                          The worship of Talos is strictly forbidden!

Comment

Legend of the Rangers

My expression during the movie ' '
                            The worship of Talos is strictly forbidden!

Comment

I actually rather enjoy Legend of the Rangers. I love the friendly banter between Martel and Dulann. And, of course, Chris Franke's music is as good as ever.

Today, I watched:

"A Distant Star"
                              "The Long Dark"
                              "Spider in the Web"
                              sigpic
                              "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                              Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Originally posted by Leeta View Post
                                Legend of the Rangers

My expression during the movie ' '
                                Originally posted by McClance View Post
                                I actually rather enjoy Legend of the Rangers. I love the friendly banter between Martel and Dulann. And, of course, Chris Franke's music is as good as ever.

Today, I watched:

"A Distant Star"
                                "The Long Dark"
                                "Spider in the Web"
                                There are times I'm not sure what to make of Legend of the Rangers. There were moments that I thought were absolutely brilliant, like that banter between Martel & Dulann. And then there were moments where I literally said, "Uh...what?!" with the VR weapons interface on the Liandra coming quickly to mind.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X