• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Quick and the Dead (202)

Visit the Episode GuideALPHAS SEASON TWO
    THE QUICK AND THE DEAD
    EPISODE NUMBER - 202

As the newly reunited team threatens to unravel, a man with super speed begins abducting doctors who he hopes can help him with his degenerative condition. Meanwhile, Danielle is forced to reconsider her relationship with Cameron.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 02 October 2012, 02:04 PM.

Days after broadcast and no one's made a comment? Am I missing something?

So, the big question: Who shot Ely? My vote is for Stanton Parish being behind it.

Favorite line: For me, it's a tossup between:

1) The woman, who when pushed to tell EVERYTHING she's hiding, says, "I masturbate every day when Jay goes to work."
    2) Gary says, "[Dr. Rosen's] ... phone is in the office, but it's broke. But he has the extended warranty, so that's okay."

Actually, there were a lot of fun Gary things in this episode.

Comment

Originally posted by DemosCat View Post
      Days after broadcast and no one's made a comment? Am I missing something? So, the big question: Who shot Ely?
      The last show had 11 comments. Last seasons shows finished with slightly more than 100 each. Nothing for 2 days is considered par.

As far as who shot Ely, I doubt it will be referenced, and if it is, it will be a one-line thing like ".... and killed Eli as well" and that will be it. If the writers wanted anything more than just killing him, they would have shown someone making the shot with an intent.

I tried to ignore that character anyway, because if I had to think of him as anything but a one-show-only character, I'd have to think how he's moving people around without causing serious injury to them.

That said, I considered this show to be a filler to set up Nina leaving. For that plot, I'm very interested on where its going, and made up for anything else.
      Last edited by ZeroPoint; 02 August 2012, 07:12 PM. Reason: fix spelling.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeroPoint View Post
        I tried to ignore that character anyway, because if I had to think of him as anything but a one-show-only character, I'd have to think how he's moving people around without causing serious injury to them.
        Hey, we're talking Hollywood Physics(tm) here. In Hollywood Physics(tm), inertia is more of a guideline than a rule. Any superhero from Superman to John Carter on Mars to Heroes gets to suspend inertia.

I considered this show to be a filler to set up Nina leaving.
        Excellent point. Does this mean Nina will be seduced by the dark side?

Comment

The cohesiveness the team had gained last season went to pot when DR Rosen was gone for 8 months.
          Bill(one of my fave characters) has assumed a leadership position in Dr Rosens absence and is reluctant to give it up when Dr Rosen returns. He is also a bit resentful of Dr Rosens broadcast to the world about Alphas. He and Hicks have been working together well, but Gary is back to square one in terms of being able to be out and around people, and Nina and Rachel also have their issues but Rachel is starting to come back and work with the team whilst Nina is not able to fit in especially with the falling out between her and Hicks for which reason we see in this episode but I won't go into detail.
          I actually felt bad for Ely(although he shouldn't have killed someone) He was a tragic character for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Perelandra View Post
            The cohesiveness the team had gained last season went to pot when DR Rosen was gone for 8 months.
            Bill(one of my fave characters) has assumed a leadership position in Dr Rosens absence and is reluctant to give it up when Dr Rosen returns. He is also a bit resentful of Dr Rosens broadcast to the world about Alphas. He and Hicks have been working together well, but Gary is back to square one in terms of being able to be out and around people, and Nina and Rachel also have their issues but Rachel is starting to come back and work with the team whilst Nina is not able to fit in especially with the falling out between her and Hicks for which reason we see in this episode but I won't go into detail.
            I actually felt bad for Ely(although he shouldn't have killed someone) He was a tragic character for me.
            And that's another thing.... I felt that if Dr. Rosen had half the integrity he's shown so far, he would have talked to Bill about the status of the team, gotten Bill's input, and the two of them decide who runs the team. Generally, more often than not, Dr. Rosen runs when he needs to talk, talks when he needs to run, says feelings are important when there is no recipient, and is rude when feelings are required.

I also think Gary is a few steps further back than one. I don't recall any of season one where he was that much of an ass. I think its good for the character though, else he might be too much in the background, and its an easy way to increase up the tension.

For DemosCat : My bet is that Nina will push someone to get her a soda, and that person will cross the street to be hit by a vehicle. Nina rejoins the team to so they can stop the incorrect pushes, and Nina would rely a little more on her investigative skills rather than pushing all the time.

Comment

And that's another thing.... I felt that if Dr. Rosen had half the integrity he's shown so far, he would have talked to Bill about the status of the team, gotten Bill's input, and the two of them decide who runs the team. Generally, more often than not, Dr. Rosen runs when he needs to talk, talks when he needs to run, says feelings are important when there is no recipient, and is rude when feelings are required.

I also think Gary is a few steps further back than one. I don't recall any of season one where he was that much of an ass. I think its good for the character though, else he might be too much in the background, and its an easy way to increase up the tension.

For DemosCat : My bet is that Nina will push someone to get her a soda, and that person will cross the street to be hit by a vehicle. Nina rejoins the team to so they can stop the incorrect pushes, and Nina would rely a little more on her investigative skills rather than pushing all the time.
              Yes I agree Dr. Rosen should have sat down with Bill(and Hicks) and gotten their input and adknowleged that since they held the place together in his absence that the status is going to need to change.
              I do like the conflict and lack of cohesiveness for now as it seems very realistice vs everyone getting along like before. With Gary's condition(routine being important) all the people running around (Cley and his men) probably are pushing his buttons then there was the stint in Binghamton. I'm suprised his mother didn't report him missing unless she was given a cover story.
              I think you're right about Nina her pushing someone will result in a tragedy and she'll see the best place for her is back with the team.

I wonder if Bill will make good on his promise to let Gary drive?

Comment

Maybe I missed something but what exactly happened between Hicks and Nina? And is anyone else annoyed that he is shacking up with Rosen's daughter?
                Originally posted by jelgate
                This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

^^ I don't like it either but I think something will happen to break it up soon.
                  I'm not sure what happened between Hicks and Nina maybe towards the end of season 1
                  need a re-watch but in the first S 2 episode they were no longer together.

Comment

You can presume in that 8 months, when he stayed working for hte government and she didn't that they separated and went their own ways.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I like that everything isn't back to "normal" like nothing happened. I like that there is some conflict within the group. Hopefully, they'll go more into what's going on with Nina and try to show things more from her perspective.
                      I think they broke up because Hicks didn't like how Nina was always pushing people; she even pushed him.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
                        And is anyone else annoyed that he is shacking up with Rosen's daughter?
                        It doesn't bother me. Everyone's an adult.

The only thing I see as potentially dark is if Rosen's daughter is truly only maintaining the relationship as a way to keep tabs on Daddy's Alpha group.

On the flip side, there's the potential for amusement if Hicks gets called into Rosen's office. I can see it now....

Dr. Rosen: If you would close the door please....
                        Hicks: If this is about your daughter....
                        DR: Yes, it is actually.
                        H: I can explain... well, maybe not... it just sort of happened....
                        DR (puzzled): What are you talking about?
                        H (puzzled in turn): Danielle aren't we?
                        DR: Yes, I wanted to ask you - how is she?
                        H: In bed?
                        DR: What? No. Danielle is an adult, and who she sleeps with is her business. I just want to know how she's doing in general. Does she seem happy? Well adjusted to you?

Comment

That said, I considered this show to be a filler to set up Nina leaving. For that plot, I'm very interested on where its going, and made up for anything else.
                          This is the big question at the moment.

It could indeed be all part of "a cunning plan" (thank you Baldric) that the writers are doing,
                          Spoiler:
                          a misdirection of having her look like she's leaving, so as to gain entry into Parrish's inner circle, and any disputes could be partly for show, compounded by any feelings she has for Cameron and his relationship with Danielle Rosen.

I'm thinking this is a bit far-fetched (as I'm sure all of you are), for me mostly because of the scene in the bar where she stuns Rosen for what appear to be hours. This being said, if she was being followed, what would be a good way to convince the Parrish gang that she was on the outs with Rosen other than by stunning him for hours?

My bad, got a bit ahead of myself here.

regards,
                          G.
                          Last edited by Gollumpus; 07 August 2012, 02:02 PM.
                          Go for Marty...

Comment

Working...
                          X