Avengers: Endgame Post Viewing MAJOR SPOILERS Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avengers: Endgame Post Viewing MAJOR SPOILERS Thread

Thought it would be better to create a thread so we could discuss openly the film.

Who was the mystery kid at the end at Starks funeral?

The kid from IM 3
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Ahh yes, nice touch!

Was there an end credits scene? Just wanted to check I didnt miss it even though I stayed till the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
        Ahh yes, nice touch!

Was there an end credits scene? Just wanted to check I didnt miss it even though I stayed till the end.
        Nope.
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Holy frak. I got home just a few minutes ago, and oh my god.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I know right!

What was your fav bit?

Comment

There were many. Many. Many.

The one that springs immediately to mind is the moment when all the portals open, and literally everything that the franchise has been building over the last 11 years comes together in one spectacular moment. I haven't been choked up by awe in a movie moment like that since the Rohirrim rode to Gondor's rescue in Return of the King.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                There were many. Many. Many.

The one that springs immediately to mind is the moment when all the portals open, and literally everything that the franchise has been building over the last 11 years comes together in one spectacular moment. I haven't been choked up by awe in a movie moment like that since the Rohirrim rode to Gondor's rescue in Return of the King.
                Had the whole cinema whooping. Also Cap with Thors hammer!

Comment

On a different note, my eyes actually did well up when Pepper was telling Tony that it’s okay and ‘he can rest, we’ll be fine.’ I’ve been at the bedside of more than one dying relative and heard those exact words, so the scene had just an agonizingly real touch in that scene.

Comment

Yeah, wasnt expecting Black Widows death going in, but as soon as they went to get the stone you knew one was a goner...

Comment

Oh hey — regarding the (lack of) credits scene: at the very end of the credits, when the Marvel Studios cars came up, a sound was playing. To me it sounded like a blacksmith beating metal on an anvil. What was that about?

Comment

Oh hey — regarding the (lack of) credits scene: at the very end of the credits, when the Marvel Studios cars came up, a sound was playing. To me it sounded like a blacksmith beating metal on an anvil. What was that about?
                        Yeah, I picked up on that. A teaser for a new iron man, the dwarf at the forge? Could be anything at the moment.

Also, is Loki now alive again?

Comment

Yeah, wasnt expecting Black Widows death going in, but as soon as they went to get the stone you knew one was a goner...
                          I kinda wish she hadn’t...I’ve never been overly enamoured of Hawkeye, so I’d have been just fine if he died.

Speaking of Soul Stone-related stuff though: the restored Gamora is not our Gamora. She didn’t experience ANY of Guardians 1 or 2. I’m very curious how this will be addressed by Guardians 3.

Comment

Yeah, I picked up on that. A teaser for a new iron man, the dwarf at the forge? Could be anything at the moment.

Also, is Loki now alive again?
                            I don’t think so. He died pre-Snap in Infinity War, and the 2012-Loki didn’t come back to the present with them, so I’m assuming he’s still dead. Unless he faked his death in IW, which wouldn’t be the first time he’s done it.

Comment

I kinda wish she hadn’t...I’ve never been overly enamoured of Hawkeye, so I’d have been just fine if he died.

Speaking of Soul Stone-related stuff though: the restored Gamora is not our Gamora. She didn’t experience ANY of Guardians 1 or 2. I’m very curious how this will be addressed by Guardians 3.
                              GOTG3 is probably going to be the search for her, but apparently its not coming out anytime soon...

Comment

Working...
                              X