• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodnight, Sweet Grimm (222)

GRIMM - SEASON TWO
    GOODNIGHT,SWEET GRIMM
    EPISODE NUMBER - 222
    Nick enlists help from Monroe and Rosalee while investigating attacks involving the "undead" in Portland. Meanwhile, Capt. Renard's brother is in town on family business; and Adalind's allies battle each other. (TV Guide)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 26 October 2013, 10:06 AM.

wow, what an episode. Though I read about the passport already but wow.

I loved that we did get to see Juliette and Nick have a cute dinner scene as was Monroe and Rosalee. I liked the scene where Renard let Nick hear his conversation with Eric. And that Juliette wanted to be in the action (of course that didn't end so well). I also liked the scene where Nick actually says how his day was lol.

And just like the mid-season finale, the "oh come on you knew that was coming" was kind of funny. Fall seems so far away.
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, somehow they seem to enjoy teasing us poor Grimmsters.

Wow! That was quite a ride! I loved it, how they worked together, Nick and Juliette finally, finally, FINALLY! back together, Monroe and Rosalee also finally (nope, I leave it with one) undisturbed. Okay, you can suppose now did they do it or didn't they. I wish we also had a "morning-after"-scene at Monroe's as so it is really up to your own mind. It was pretty clear to what that evening would let. On the other hand, we don't know.
      Eric and Renard, what a family! And I thought our family-meetings would be awkward but that was quite interesting how they were ... well, not doing dinner. My question now is: Did Renard follow Eric or not? If yes Nick could be rescued very quickly, if not (or he lost the track or something) it would be an interesting twist to see, where Eric will ship Nick and what he will do with and to him. One of the (felt) endless spoilers for season 3 is saying Samedi would come back - or maybe he has to watch over Nick, so, he never leaves his side probably?
      Adalind. She's such a b.. witch! Did she really actually play Frau Pech so Frau Pech would be killed off? Did she KNOW what it needed to restore her Hexenbiest? And what is with the child? She drank wine - or sipped a bit wine. Gah, that's a bad cliffhanger too!
      Juliette wanting to get involved into the ScoobyGang was great but I don't understand why Rosalee wasn't that thrilled at all. On the other side. Okay, fighting the Zombies as first lesson wasn't that smart at all. BTW, did Monroe start the engine at the end of the ep? He was so sure Nick would be able to handle the Zombies on his own ...

BTW, Nick again. How stupid was that? Running after Samedi, climbing that container, fighting with him. Why he couldn't do the same then the others: RUN! True, he didn't know the Baron was after him. But he said it: "Anyone else've the feeling we are in a trap here?" Yes, you stupid Grimm ran straight into it! Nick knew how Samedi ... prepared his victims. What did he? Looked him straight in the face. Dear Nick Burkhardt, du deserved it! Hopeful you've learned your lesson for the next time.

Loved the ep, I sooo loved it. And I will love to find out, what's next in the line.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
      Sig & Avi by Josi
      sigpic
      LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
      I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

I have to watch again, but I thought Monroe started the engine with zombies still on them, it wasn't clear that they were just going to leave Nick there or that they were trying to get away and planning on doubling back.
        sigpic

Comment

He started the engine before the zombies arrived at the truck but he didn't drive. I assume they wanted to give Nick a little more time to catch up with them. Not going to happen ...

Sig & Avi by Josi
          sigpic
          LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)

Comment

oh, sadly no. Hopefully they realize it or Renard is on it and Nick doesn't end up getting shipped to Europe.
            sigpic

Comment

That's what I hope - that Nick will be shipped to Europe I mean.
              Renard is the wild card in this cliffhanger, he could be again at the airport, waiting for Eric (and his undead package), he could be at that container-yard and resuce Nick or the ScoobyGang. I doubt that he can manage both and I hope he will help Monroe, Rosalee and Juliette. Maybe because he thinks Nick is in the truck too. Meanwhile Eric and the Baron will take Nick with them.
              Could explain that "shirtless"-spoiler by David G - if this isn't again a lie. It's not that Mr. Giuntoli always tells the truth ...
              And, to tell the truth, it's Nick's own fault. He said the whole time he thought, Samedi would play him (and Hank), he said to Monroe at the Yard, that it is a trap and then he marches with eyes wide open directly into the middle of this trap. He knew how Samedi prepared his victims but Super(Stupid)Grimm Nick Burkhardt comes along unprepared, running after Samedi and when he finally realizes how stupid that was ... he got a mouthful green stuff in the face - upps!

But, can please anyone translate Eric for me when he comes into that container? The first sentence is "Time to pick up Mister Schirach." But then James Frain is once more not the foreign-friendlist actor. The end of the sentence I understand "... a plane to catch." I don't understand the beginning. Is it a "We have" or a "He has"?

I ask because I've the impression that this plan wasn't all Eric. Remember the beginning of 2.21? The call from the King? I think they had planned to trap Nick and kidnap him togehter as Eric didn't seem to know Samedi.

Sig & Avi by Josi
              sigpic

Comment

I do think it would be interesting if he does get sent to Europe because maybe we'll learn more about the royal's that way as well as what they want with Grimms. But as long isn't a long storyline like 3 episodes than he's back in Portland.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                  I do think it would be interesting if he does get sent to Europe because maybe we'll learn more about the royal's that way as well as what they want with Grimms. But as long isn't a long storyline like 3 episodes than he's back in Portland.
                  You read my mind . Exactly what I'm hoping for. I mean all this work to trap Nick and then ... he comes free so easily? Nope, he really should wake up in Europe, so he (and we) can learn about the Royals. it's about time I think.
                  BTW, all this to get the key?

Sig & Avi by Josi
                  sigpic

Comment

It does seem kind of overkill, if that is the reason they'll be disappointed when they realize he doesn't have it on him. I feel like there is another reason, which will be revealed next season.
                    sigpic

Comment

I think they try to get his loyalty. He is a Grimm, after all. Grimms are rare and to have one working for you (even unwillingly) may be a big advantage. I have a feeling that the poison won´t work at Nick as at the others. He may just become more violent? We´ll see.

Oh, and Nick in Europe, I want to see it! And I am so relieved they didn´t pick the Czech passport. But the idea of them having Czech documents scares me because I don´t want to hear them to try to speak Czech

The moment when Juliette asked Nick how was his day was so cute. Nick was so surprised, uncertain and scared. He isn´t used to tell the truth. I am a little disappointed Hank couldn´t be there but I understand the reason. I liked Juliette here but I am afraid if it is not too little too late.

I LOVED the scene between James Frain and Sasha Roiz. What a charisma overload

Anyway, the quote at the end...I was just telling myself the other day if they will use something funny again. And they did

I like Bree Turner more and more. Now, when she got more to do, she obviously had a blast. That speech at dinner was cute and very Monroe-like Also, I wonder what she has all the money and fake documents for...

The waiting will be long. I hope we will get some news about Season 3 stories soon. Also, I hope Grimm won´t return late October or so...

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

I would say it depends on IF they can rescue Nick before he's brought out of the country. I doubt that Eric would like to have an amok-running Grimm in his castle (or his fathers). So I'm sure, there IS another way. Maybe they will try to keep him in this second stage where he will be do whatever they order. My personal guess is that Eric will pull him out of that Dämmerzustand. Eric is sardistic, I could imagine that he probably would Nick first run wild a bit, probably to get rid off some people around but always have a sort of antidot which he will use on him to ... well, convince him to whatever he'd planned for him. Heck, that's probably what I would do as a writer.
                        David G. mentioned in the last interviews that the Zombie-storyline isn't over but he himself doesn't know where the writers will keep Nick. He would hope to come back as zombie. Well, we'll see.

Sig & Avi by Josi
                        sigpic

Comment

I could imagine that Monroe and gang will try to contact Kelly for help.
                          Grimm returns October 24
                          sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                          Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

I can imagine that Eric may try to control Nick. But he is a Grimm, which means that he may be even a little wilder and difficult for Eric to control. So he may just keep him as a prisoner, demanding to behave like a nice little Grimm and tell him where the key is.
                            Also, it is possible Sean will come to rescue...

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

I hope not but probably Renard will rescue the other ones trapped in Nick's truck. That's my guess for the cliffhanger. That Renard indeed followed Eric but maybe he notice Nick's car or he hears all the zombies (they aren't that quiet as we know) and probably think the trap hasn't work out completely - or that he want Nick for backup or something like that.

I stumbled again over the promo-pics. There are three that wasn't shown in the episode: one, Rosalee with this nasty injection-gun and Nick is behind her peeking around a container (but he looks quite alive), 2. with Rosalee and Monroe back-to-back and the zombies around them, and a 3. one with all three Rosalee, Juliette and Monroe again back-to-back but Rosalee and Monroe with other jackets on (Juliette isn't visible enough). I asked Norberto today if they had filmed more than the season finale, because I cannot put those pics into the ep. He said "No" but, seriously? Where are those pics coming from?
                              I think the first is probably from a deleted scene as after shooting three zombies they ran out of antidot was a little ... not enough if you get what I mean. But the other two photos I have no other explanation than that's probably the continuing of 2.22 in 3.01. Look closely to the side-windows of Nick's truck during the attack: there are becoming cracks visible. My guess, somehow the three manages to flee out of the truck but the windows are broken. Somehow someone has to rescue them. Again my guess as he's the only one available: Renard! Could mean he also can manage to rescue Nick (which I would definetely think is a very cheap solution and would Nick degrate to Renard's sidekick).
                              It's that bad question again I fear: who's life worth more? The GrimmGang trapped in Nick's truck or Nick in the coma?

Sig & Avi by Josi
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X