Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Gifted (FOX)

Couldnt find a thread for this, so...

Looks ok, but yet again secret govt agency wants to "protect the general public from the threat of powered individuals" by killing/containing them..

Comment

So since this deals with Marvel (since they do reference the Xmen in some of the previews), will this show get its own line item down here?

Comment

Figure since it was marvel related, i would start a thread.. Saw the premier episode.. Interesting so far..
        So we have Polaris, James proudstar, and some gal like Blink.. And that 'ring leader' who lights things up / shoots lasers from his hand..

My only gripe, is YET AGAIN "Mutants are being hunted"..

Can't they come up with some OTHER Sort of premise than that for one of these shows?!

Comment

I didn't realize this was Marvel
          sigpic

Comment

It's in the X-Men universe but not MCU
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Its marvel in that its linked to the various marvel X'men comics, but not MCU as in the avengers/shield 'reality'..

Comment

OK. So 2 episodes down and i liked the 2nd a lot more than the 1st..
                Spoiler:
                So mommy is a nurse, and is now starting to sympathize with the plight of hte mutants.
                Mutants are treated almost as bad as they were in 'days of future past', with neck collars, prisons or flat out being killed if the govt wants, and not only is the general population ok with it, they seem to WANT IT.
                Humans pick on mutes till they go ape ****, then when the mute's power kicks in, the MUTANT is the one in trouble..

I'd just wonder.. IF IN that sort of world, a galactic level threat came in, say the KREE< and the mutants were the only ones who could save the earth, WOULD THEY ??

Comment

Nice 3rd episode. Loved how the Mutant underground handled the kids/mom going missing, and how pops grew a spine after seeing that mute mother and her daughter on the run...

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    Nice 3rd episode. Loved how the Mutant underground handled the kids/mom going missing, and how pops grew a spine after seeing that mute mother and her daughter on the run...
                    I have been enjoying The Gifted so far. FYI: I don't know much about the comics and haven't seen all the X-Men films either. I'm coming to the show pretty fresh.

Interesting that you mentioned the father deciding he couldn't just sell out the Mutant Underground Network after meeting the mutant mother and daughter. Jace Turner (the main Sentinel Services guy) made a point to mention to the father that the tracking bracelet can't be removed. And later we saw that the mutant mom took away Reed's back pain. I was so sure that Reed would take drastic measures to get rid of the bracelet and the mutant mom would be able to remove his pain afterwards.
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
                      Interesting that you mentioned the father deciding he couldn't just sell out the Mutant Underground Network after meeting the mutant mother and daughter. Jace Turner (the main Sentinel Services guy) made a point to mention to the father that the tracking bracelet can't be removed. And later we saw that the mutant mom took away Reed's back pain. I was so sure that Reed would take drastic measures to get rid of the bracelet and the mutant mom would be able to remove his pain afterwards.
                      Part of me was wondering if he might think to break his foot, so the bracelet could get slipped off, and have her remove the pain. BUT i doubted he would think of that..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        Part of me was wondering if he might think to break his foot, so the bracelet could get slipped off, and have her remove the pain. BUT i doubted he would think of that..
                        Great minds think alike! I had another thought that it could still happen later on down the line, but it seems unlikely that we'd see the mother and kid again (they're trying to get them away to safety!) and even though the father ended up bailing, I don't know if anyone in the Mutant Underground would trust him again...besides the main characters who still want to save Lorna.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

I have read somewhere else, that the Base of the Underground already apeared before. Can someone else name it? It kind of does look like a Mutant incident, but I am not so up to date.

Beside that I like this Series alot, which means it wont go past 2 Seasons most likely.
                          Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                          Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                          There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Wow this thread was hard to find. I'm enjoying the show, and I'm really hoping it gets renewed and more than just 2 seasons.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                              Wow this thread was hard to find. I'm enjoying the show, and I'm really hoping it gets renewed and more than just 2 seasons.
                              Lets hope so. I just noticed that I called alot of stuff that happend, so that would make this show quite predictable. A friend of mine is convinced the mother is a Mutant too, but that profecy has yet to be confirmed. The thing with the Kids was obvious, thats for sure.
                              Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                              Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                              There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Working...
                              X