This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes/No Will the Ancients help???

When you look it, SG1 are trying to save the people of the MW. But if you understand what is happening, they are actually protecting the ancients...

So will they give in and help the fight?

Go Green

Well if you look at the pictures we see one of Merlin. So we can safely assume he will help. If I remember correctly, Morgan Le Fay is also a part of the cast, so maybe she'll help too. As far as the bulk of the ascended ancients goes, I really doubt if they'll help. Their resolution has been very firm so far, and it seems to be a matter of principle for them more than anything. By helping humans they would be giving up everything they stand for, and based on the impression i've gotten of them, they are too stubborn, proud, and arrogant to do that even if it means compromising their very existence.

Comment

No.

The Ancients may make an appearance, but be a source of actual help, no chance. They may bend the rules here or there but actual help I can't see. In the great grand scheme of things, Earth already has what it needs to win.

Orii ships can be destroyed, the Orii themselves have very likely been and even if some survived, the Ancients could take care of them and Adria should they break the rules.

All that needs to be taken care of it the troop and once the Ark of Truth has been used, then that's everything.

sigpic

Comment

It's nothing to do with pride, they just don't want to compromise their beliefs when they don't need to, and Merlin won't help, he's dead, the pic of him from the movie is probably a hologram.

Comment

You know, I thought I read somewhere on the boards that Morgan LeFay and Adria duke it out. Maybe it was just speculation, but that would be freaking cool as hell if it did happen. Morgan's gotten in trouble before with the Ancients. If the circumstance warranted it, I could see her jumping in. She's found ways around the rules before. Though we may see her suffer some severe consequences if she does try to help.

~My FanFiction~

Comment

Morgan didn't break the rules before.

It's possible that like Daniel, someone stopped her before she crossed that line. We've seen how people who break the rules get punished and if Morgan was punished, I think it would involve keeping far away from the Orii situation and Adria.

sigpic

Comment

I thought she was breaking the rules when she tried to tell them about the Sangraal. I thought that being yanked was punishment for that. No? Isn't that interferring? I suppose not. Daniel did do the same thing and he wasn't pulled until he tried to take out Anubis. I guess I thought being yanked back by the Ancients as a consequence for their actions as much as it was a preventative measure to keep the undesired interference from happening. It's not like we've seen her since then. We don't know if she had to suffer any repercussions for almost sharing too much information.

~My FanFiction~

Comment

I think some Ancients, like Morgan will help us. But the Ancients as a whole, no, I don't see that happening. They may turn a collective "blind-eye" though to Morgan aiding us.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I agree with most people here. I think Orlin (or was it Morgan Le Fay?) mentioned at some point that there was a growing group of Ascended Ancients that felt like him and wanted to help. I'm pretty sure some of them will try to help SG-1 out a bit but the Ancients as a whole? Probably not...

We do know that Daniel has another 'talk' to the Ancients (or one of them or something)... Maybe he finally gets through to them?

Comment

If we do get some ancients helping us, i wonder if any of the now ascended Abydonians are going to be amongst them..

Comment

as far as we know only a majority vote of Ascended beings make decisions. Unfortunately for us, it's a minority group which wants to help us. But already know that Morgan will get to confront with Adria (so it's possible it's now a majority which wants to help us)
                      Stolen Kosovo
                      sigpic

Comment

Someone stepping in to stop Morgan, such as: Scare or Oma.

Is Anubis dead yet, could see him joining the Ori, but they don't like the Goa'uld very much do they.

I like the interference idea. very smart.
                        sigpic
                        i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

Comment

Why would Oma want to stop Morgan?

Comment

I could see there being some sort of rebellion amongst the ancients and having a group of them trying to help fight the ori though it does seem very unlikely this will happen because they are too stubborn and arrogant.
                            Best quotes ever:
                            O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                            Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                            Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                            Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                            Thor:I like the yellow ones
                            O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Well I could see them helping. Picture this:

SG1 surrounded by priors and soldiers pointing their guns at them.

Few dozon ancients appear around the priors and soldiers, they try to shoot, but they are blocked by the ascended poweresses.

Priors get turned back into humans, adria shows up.

The group of ancients merge their power, try to take out adria, but get beaten.

SG1 is about to be killed by Adria

Ancients of a whole appear, destory adria, adcivate the AoT.

They whipe SG1's minds, so they think they defeated the ori.

Nobody knows the ancients interfered.

Eh?

Go Green

Comment

Working...
                              X