This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torchwood, a Doctor Who Spin-off.

So, all us Brits have probably seen Doctor Who, that little-known show that was on a few months ago . Well, I was reading in my morning newspaper that Russell T Davis, aka, the head writer of the new Doctor Who series is making a spin-off of Doctor Who, called Torchwood (it is an anagram of Doctor Who). It is about a British team sent to investigate both real-life and alien-related crime, and they must do this without catching the attention of the FBI and the UN. It is said to be gritty and post-watershed, so not for the kids, but it will retain the humour of Doctor Who and Davies' previous project, Casanova, and it is supposed to be on BBC3, also. Also, it will feature that shy, little-known guy, Jack Harkness!

Link (I hope it works):
    http://news.independent.co.uk/media/article320110.ece

So, will a gritty, down-to-earth Doctor Who series succeed or fail. I am confident that Russell T Davies can pull it off, but this is now up for discussion in 3... 2... 1..., now.

Sorry, a little bit of extra information if the link doesn't work: it should eventually be shown on BBC1 but it will be screened on BBC3 first, and the first season will be comprised of 13 episodes, each around 45 minutes long, and it will be mentioned in the forthcoming Doctor Who Christmas special.

Comment

Working...
    X