• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Pieces (601)

Visit the Episode GuideAGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. - SEASON SIX
    MISSING PIECES
    EPISODE NUMBER - 601
    Mack heads up a new S.H.I.E.L.D. that is working to get to the bottom of a series of strange dimensional incursions. While May and the others try to carry on with Coulson's legacy, in a distant part of the galaxy Daisy and Jemma lead a skeleton crew in search for Fitz.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 16 September 2019, 08:54 PM.

So I guess this is confirmation that Agents of Shield is officially out of continuity with the MCU. The only possible explanation is that it's one of many alternate realities, assuming there is actually a multiverse in the MCU.

Or the whole thing is a fever dream by one of the cast members to deal with the trauma of the events Infinity War or something.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
      So I guess this is confirmation that Agents of Shield is officially out of continuity with the MCU. The only possible explanation is that it's one of many alternate realities, assuming there is actually a multiverse in the MCU.

Or the whole thing is a fever dream by one of the cast members to deal with the trauma of the events Infinity War or something.
      I've seen conflicting reporting, but at least one source saying that they decided it has to be pre-Snap.

Either way though, I really enjoyed this premiere a lot, regardless of whether it's still tied to or else totally divorced from the movies.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

It can't be Pre-Snap. At the end of S5, the whole reason Talbot went insane was because of the Infinity War was about to happen. Then you have the time jump.

It doesn't really bother me. I understand sometimes real world scheduling gets in the way
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          It can't be Pre-Snap. At the end of S5, the whole reason Talbot went insane was because of the Infinity War was about to happen. Then you have the time jump.

It doesn't really bother me. I understand sometimes real world scheduling gets in the way
          And if I remember right, around about episode 18-20 there was a direct reference to an ongoing alien attack in New York, clearly referencing Tony/Strange/Peter/Wong fighting Ebony Maw and Cull Obsidian near the beginning of Infinity War.

I'm perfectly okay with fanwanking it away to be five years instead of one.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

You can't really pretend it's been five years instead of one either because they've clearly been doing what they have been doing for the entire time since the time jump.
            Spoiler:
            Nobody is reacting like half the people they loved vanished five years ago and have just returned. It clearly exists in a world where the snap never happened. It think it's simpler to imagine this show existing in a dimension where Thor did aim for the head. Or that it's just an adaptation that is completely out of continuity with the MCU, but does have some similar events going on in the background. It seems the nature of time travel is completely different in the movies and the show.

This could become kind of a dark reveal about the MCU, though. Everyone knew that the show was never going to be 100% connected to the movies, but perhaps the reason that the Avengers never found out that Coulson was alive was because he wasn't. The Coulson they knew from the movies is still dead. Possibly?
            Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 13 May 2019, 12:18 PM.
            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Hey folks, I still loved this episode from the new characters to the space faring jet.

But I admit, I was wondering about what if any references were going to be made to Infinity War or Endgame.

As jelgate stated scheduling could have caused a change or Marvel Studios didn't want to share spoilers about Endgame with Marvel TV. It's important to note they don't get along.

Some of Endgame was filmed 2 years ago, at least the scene
              Spoiler:
              in the lobby of Stark Tower
              . A sports personality had a cameo and mentioned that was the timeframe it was filmed.

So the script had to be fairly completed, the only reason it's out of sync has to be because the Studio and TV side don't get along at least when it comes to Endgame spoilers.

By the way for moderators, can we mention Endgame or Infinity War plots in season 6 of AoS?

Comment

Yeah, that was my bad. I suppose I figured since people had already started talking about Endgame in this thread is was fair game.

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Working...
                X