• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orientation (501-502)

Visit the Episode GuideAGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. - SEASON FIVE
    ORIENTATION
    EPISODE NUMBER - 501-502
    Coulson and his team find themselves transported to a mysterious station in outer space. While he and the others attempt to blend in with the space station's human population and avoid detection by the Kree, Jemma helps a man in need and is brought to the attention of the Kree's cruel leader, Kasius.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 13 December 2017, 09:53 AM.

Hm... I'm not really sure what I thought of that. But I do know that I really missed Fitz. I hope he comes back soon.
    sigpic

Comment

I really enjoyed it a lot. I was very confused at first, but then I suppose that was the point.

I don’t really believe (right now) that Daisy/Quake demoed the world, so my big question is whether this is the ultimate fate of Earth at some point in the future and is immutable (interesting storytelling possibilities), or if we’re just going to get a ‘ha ha we changed the future so that never really happened’ wrap-up in a few months’ time.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
        But I do know that I really missed Fitz. I hope he comes back soon.
        I think he’s sitting a few episodes out this year while he films scenes for a movie. Something to do with zombie Nazis.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I enjoyed that episode. Can't wait to see how they get out of it. It would be interesting if this was a future in which Thanos beat the avengers. But I know they won't have that sort of tie in.
          Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
          sigpic

Comment

This was a pretty shocking season premier, but I think it's one of their best. But it raises all sorts of questions.

Chief among them is how they could possibly fix this mess. They established in previous seasons that history is immutable. The future cannot be changed. So either Marvel decided that their tie in show will reveal that Earth is canonically destroyed in the future of the MCU (obviously not) or the show is likely just going to have a plot hole.

Also, I wondered if Fitz left the show because I don't know how they are going to include him in this arc.

It would be hard for me to believe Daisy destroyed the Earth. That would make her probably the most powerful being in the MCU so far. My first guess was that it was a reference to Infinity War.

Part of me wonders if the writers saw the Expanse and said "Hey that's a cool show, lets put our characters in that situation" because at first all it seemed like the people on that space station were missing was the Belter accent.

By the way, I couldn't help but feel Mac is at least partially kind of responsible for that guy's death. If he didn't punch him out, they wouldn't have stuck around in a dangerous area for so long.
            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I would imagine Fitz will be in flashes to our time trying to get them all back. That post card said "I'm working on it - Fitz" and wasn't Hunter coming back to the show maybe Fitz recruits him back. I wonder tho if the act of trying to bring them back is what destroys the earth. Also you'd think that ghost rider could jump into Phil that might help them get back.
              Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
              sigpic

Comment

That was... well I don't really know.
                That's confusing. I guess I'm stuck between "that was brilliant" and "what the hell happened"
                About Quake, well she could have easily been framed. It happened a lot in the past to all agents of Shield. Or maybe she was forced to do this to save someone. Or maybe the Kree have a way of controlling in humans. Maybe they made her do it.
                I'm sick of the show separating Fitz and Simmons over and over again. It's getting old and that's more than enough.
                And about that mining piece of Earth, I know it wouldn't have an atmosphere, but maybe there are people still living on it. Like inside the remaining crust.
                And about the Kree invasion, was it mentioned in the episode why they are interested in Earth or enslaving humans? Did I miss something? I mean why go to another sector in space, destroy a planet and get all its inhabitants to work on a space station??
                Last edited by Kilgharrah; 06 December 2017, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  I really enjoyed it a lot. I was very confused at first, but then I suppose that was the point.

I don’t really believe (right now) that Daisy/Quake demoed the world, so my big question is whether this is the ultimate fate of Earth at some point in the future and is immutable (interesting storytelling possibilities), or if we’re just going to get a ‘ha ha we changed the future so that never really happened’ wrap-up in a few months’ time.
                  Oh, I can buy her trashing the planet, she may have been taken over by some external entity who used her ability w/out her consent. Even if that were the case, a lot of people would still place the blame on her for having the power in the first place.

As far as a rollback, I would expect that.

This show might actually hold my interest this year. I've started watching prior seasons, but usually lose interest 3-4 eps. in.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilgharrah View Post
                    And about the Kree invasion, was it mentioned in the episode why they are interested in Earth or enslaving humans? Did I miss something? I mean why go to another sector in space, destroy a planet and get all its inhabitants to work on a space station??
                    Invasion? I thought it was just that they showed up after it had already been destroyed?

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      Invasion? I thought it was just that they showed up after it had already been destroyed?
                      Yes! One of the future humans explained that they lurked around earth planning their attack then one day they did it.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                        Even if that were the case, a lot of people would still place the blame on her for having the power in the first place.
                        Verty true. Many (inc the Kree) seem to be fixated on the fact "She can vibrate, so MUST have caused this mess" that it makes me wonder, will they actually eventually SHOW us what happened?

Comment

Working...
                        X