My journey through Farscape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My journey through Farscape

Just watched Premiere, the short version of the pilot episode. Please don't spoil the fun for me in this thread by posting spoilers about future events. I've seen some episodes before, when the show first aired, but not enough to have any coherent idea of what happens in the show.

Great stuff and I'm sure I'm going to love the rest of the series. The puppets don't bother me at all, and I love the far-out feeling of the show. Reminds me of Babylon 5 at its best.

Since I've just finished SG-1, having Aeryn Sun reveal herself by taking off the Peacekeeper helmet really reminded me of when Vala did the same thing by taking off the Kull warrior helmet... I can't wait to see more!
    sigpic

Its an AWESOME show!

The puppets make my sister feel sick and i tell her that they are just MUPPETS!

Comment

Your sister doesn't know what she's missing...
      sigpic

Comment

I just got into Farscape in....January? And i'm slowing going through it but its going to be one heck of a journey!

Comment

Enjoy your journey. It's a fun one.
          sigpic
          Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Glad to hear so many love it.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
              Glad to hear so many love it.
              your in for a treat it's one of the best shows i have ever watched.
              sigpic
              The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

So much puppets prejudiace. The puppets made Farscape great. It was something new and I really loved Pilot
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

The puppets were one of the great aspects that made the show so unique. They were able to show emotion that was very believable and you forget that they are only puppets.

Let us know how your journey goes, it should be great.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    So much puppets prejudiace. The puppets made Farscape great. It was something new and I really loved Pilot
                    I love Pilot! ALOT. One of the best characters.

Comment

They stopped being puppets to me a long time ago. They're just characters. Awesome, awesome, characters that aren't human.

Enjoy the journey maneth.
                      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I definitely hope that you continue to enjoy this show maneth. It is definitely a fun, wild ride. IMO, this is one of the best examples of what science fiction is all about. Amazing action, smart storytelling, great characters, stunning environments. Farscape had it all. This will probably always be my favorite show.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Cool, I'm glad there are so many fans here. Sharing my journey is what this thread is all about. My main gripe is that because the DVDs don't have any subtitles for the hearing-impaired, I'm going to probably have to stick to just one episode per night. I'm not deaf by any stretch of the imagination, but I do have trouble understanding dialog if there's a lot of background noise, sometimes to the point of having to rewind.
                          sigpic

Comment

I myself once upon a time had a puppet prejudice but kept going with the show... soon they became just like any other characters, it didn't matter the behind the scenes of it. There's an episode where Pilot almost made me cry. I think I had tears welled up, it was so good.

Comment

Glad to hear it! I never had any problems with Yoda either.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X