This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voices??

...No, not the kind you hear in your head. **disclaimer: If this question has been asked before, I sincerely apologize. Direct me to the thread where it has been addressed.

The voices I'm talking about are Goa'uld. How do they make them sound like that?
    "It's a blast door"

Computer programs! I used to know how to do it, but alas now I can't even remember which program it's done in...
    The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
    |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

I believe the effect is called "Flange." There are certain audio processors that can introduce effects like that in an actor's voice, either in real-time (such as on stage) or post-production (which I think they do for the show).

Comment

The effects are generated using sound processing software. The function most likely used is called "Flanger." I draw this conclusion from the fact that Nero Wave Editor's "Flanger" adjustment feature generates a similar sounding result on voice samples. (I recorded some voice samples and played around for a while). Changing the pitch and tone (using other Nero Wave Editor functions) can make the effect more "Gao-uldish." In truth, I don't know for sure what effects they use, but the effects I've used here seem to generate a pretty good Gao'uld voice sample.

Comment

Aaahhhhhh, thank you!
          "It's a blast door"

Comment

Where can I get Nero Wave Editor?

Supreme Comander of the SS Yet-To-Be-Named.

Comment

Originally posted by Ribbon.Device
              Where can I get Nero Wave Editor?
              comes with nero 6 ultra edition
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

Yeah, I had thought about making a thread and asking about this for a while.

Does anyone else think they should make some more use of/bring back the voice changer things they used in Proving Ground - Daniel and Carter wore them acting as Goa'uld/Tok'ra respectively.
                ...he wasn't completely crazy anymore, just productively wierd

GAT4 - Gaters Against T4 + Vernon Kay

Thanks for the random Reputation Points, I didn't even realise I had any.

I despise anything Moebius, and anything Time Travel!

Comment

Originally posted by Julez
                  ...No, not the kind you hear in your head. **disclaimer: If this question has been asked before, I sincerely apologize. Direct me to the thread where it has been addressed.

The voices I'm talking about are Goa'uld. How do they make them sound like that?
                  I think Anubis' voice, and the Wraith voices, are different from the Goa'uld voices. Any ideas how/why they are different? I think Anubis' voice is sorta of synthesized seeing as how he has no real body to produce a real voice.

Comment

Are you talking about IN the show? Or post production.

Comment

Working...
                    X