Shepherd's Suit Look Ridiculous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shepherd's Suit Look Ridiculous

In the very first shot at the funeral, Sheperd's tie looks ridiculous: it is tied so short that you can see a button between the end of his tie and his pants! It looks like some some kid had to get their mother to fix up the tie because their father was still at work or something. I mean, I can see it totally it being in character for Shepherd not to know or not care that his tie is tied way too short, but was this done on purpose do you think?

LOL I notice weird things like this. I imagine I'm the only gay guy who likes stargate. All of my friends roll their eyes so much when they see my DVR recordings. It is like stargate, the view, talk soup, etc. Of course there are a million stargates since between SG1 and Atlantis, it seems to always be on. I do love good sci-fi shows though.
    Last edited by Crazy Diamond; 01 February 2008, 08:09 PM. Reason: oopsy

Originally posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    In the very first shot at the funeral, Sheperd's tie looks ridiculous: it is tied so short that you can see a button between the end of his tie and his pants! It looks like some some kid had to get their mother to fix up the tie because their father was still at work or something. I mean, I can see it totally it being in character for Shepherd not to know or not care that his tie is tied way too short, but was this done on purpose do you think?

LOL I notice weird things like this. I imagine I'm the only gay guy who likes stargate. All of my friends roll their eyes so much when they see my DVR recordings. It is like stargate, the view, talk soup, etc. Of course there are a million stargates since between SG1 and Atlantis, it seems to always be on. I do love good sci-fi shows though.
    your not the ONLY gay guy why likes stargate! I have ALL 10 season of SG-1 and plan to RE-BUY seasons 1-8 in slim as i have 1-8 in the bigger boxes and seasons 1-3 of atlantis and all season 4 on VHS- and yes i do still use VHS! I LOVE it and watch it like my own personal religion. I did not notice that tie but now ill go back and watch it to notice that!
    sigpic
    Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

Anyone know why he wasn't wearing his dress uniform? I thought thought they were supposed to wear it for whatever occasion they were attending. I mean Jack wore his in his imaginary wedding.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
        Anyone know why he wasn't wearing his dress uniform? I thought thought they were supposed to wear it for whatever occasion they were attending. I mean Jack wore his in his imaginary wedding.
        I was wondering the same thing.

Comment

What's this gay, straight junk? I am a Marine and the wrinkles in the arms of Sheps brothers jacket were simple laziness or rush. Marines will notice these uniform wrinkles before most people would.

Or is it the HD picture on a 50" DLP which makes these things realy stand out?

That scene was a throw together as a last minute re-take I would bet. The costume department is and always has been excellent. They must have had to go to the laundry hamper.

Comment

why would he wear a dress uniform to a non-military funeral?

and why aren't you guys picking on Carter's too tight uniform?

Comment

I thought Shep looked wonderful in the suit.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
              O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill_Ion View Post
                I thought Shep looked wonderful in the suit.
                I think Shep looked great in his suit. A bit uncomfortable but I would expect that from Shep!

Originally posted by Major_Griff
                I don't think Sheppard is required to wear his dress uniform to a civilian ceremony.
                I am guessing that since Sheppard joining the military was a source of conflict with his family, as John said his Dad's idea of 'teenage rebellion' was to choose Standford over Harvard, then it would have been out of respect for his Dad and family that he did not wear his uniform since it would have been a source of major conflict during a difficult time when the conflict was not necessary.
                sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

lol well it was only the tie that was too short then, the suit certainly didnt look ridiculous it was a nice suit. I was glad to see they used different cg shots of our ships this time instead of the same old daedalus in oribit over the earth clip.

Comment

You are so not the only gay guy who watches Stargate!

He always wears that, the whole casual business look: demin jeans, black business jacket and a shirt. I have no problem with that look and sure he could have done the tie better at the funeral, it is his father's funeral afterall... but he could have worn something else, a lot more high profile or a more respectable business suit cos my problem with it is, he always wear the same damn outfit again and again.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                      why would he wear a dress uniform to a non-military funeral?

I'd imagine those costumes aren't too forgiving as people age. I bet it is a fine line between being too tight and being tight enough to look as trim and slim as possible.

Comment

I only wore my dress uniform to a military engagement. I didn't even wear it to my wedding. Most officers don't wear the uniform to a non military funeral. I'm much like Jack I hated wearing it.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I didn't notice the length of the tie too much, I know sometimes tie styles change (for mens' suits, that's about all that CAN change). But it was funny that he wore his suit coat all around when he was on earth, even with his jeans.

And by the way, I personally LIKE seeing men with the boots, jeans, and blazer. I don't see it often enough for it to get old.

Funny, I never realized that Sheppard came from a wealthy family. Since he so rarely mentions his personal life or background, I guess I never gave it a thought. However, I would have assumed he was one of those scrappy guys who came from modest circumstances to attain success in the Air Force. (Sometimes it's better to NOT know anything about a character, so you can imagine him/her as you like.)

Comment

ia this the best you can come up with to complain about? sheesh
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                              Because! There is no such thing as "too tight" when it comes to Carter (or Weir or Cadman or Keller or Teyla)'s uniform.
                              sigpic
                              http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Working...
                              X