• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nubbins (106)

Visit the Episode GuideSANCTUARY SEASON ONE
    NUBBINS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 106

Helen and her team discover a pair of adorable little creatures and a vicious predator on board a ship whose crew were torn apart. Meanwhile, a young woman visits the Sanctuary and discovers she has special abilities.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 10 April 2011, 02:56 PM.

So apparently evil Furbie/ Tribbles are an aphrodesiac?

They also remind me of the moties from "The Mote in God's Eye".
    Last edited by jds1982; 07 November 2008, 07:03 PM.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

a very funny episode.

the double entendres were running rampant, i don't know how the actors said some of their lines with a straight face.

the nubbins were cute, a mixture of tribble and Furbie although they were where some of hte effects broke down a bit, but hey, no biggie

it was enjoyable

and next week....sekrets will be revealed
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hee, I giggled my way through most of this episode, it was very fun to watch.

Loved all the character moments, Will mimicking Helen's accent, Ashley being so taken with the nubbins, Henry being so proud of his uber-vacuum, as well as the Henry/Ashley, Will/Helen, and Will/Ashley scenes caused by the nubbins. I especially liked the last Will/Helen scene with Helen's 'turnabout is fair play' and 'you poor thing' lines.

I also liked how they incorporated Sophie and her gift into the nubbins' storyline. I hope we see more of her, if not this season then hopefully the next.

I can't wait for The Five next week, it looks amazing.

sigpic

Comment

I lol'd at the 'don't you just wanna squeeze them' line...

I love Henry - which means he'll probably die. All the characters I love die. But I am very impressed with Ryan's ability as an actor - he's quite amusing, isn't he?!

This was a fun episode, even with the gore. I usually don't like gory stories, but this was nicely balanced with a bit of humor...and then there were the flirty bits that just had me squeeeeeing! NOT because I want to see a ship or anything, but because it was so NOT right! The only thing missing was Bigfoot making doe eyes at Will, seeing as how everyone else was...

das
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
            I lol'd at the 'don't you just wanna squeeze them' line...

I love Henry - which means he'll probably die. All the characters I love die. But I am very impressed with Ryan's ability as an actor - he's quite amusing, isn't he?!

This was a fun episode, even with the gore. I usually don't like gory stories, but this was nicely balanced with a bit of humor...and then there were the flirty bits that just had me squeeeeeing! NOT because I want to see a ship or anything, but because it was so NOT right! The only thing missing was Bigfoot making doe eyes at Will, seeing as how everyone else was...

das

LOL I don't know... I think the Magnus women have excellent taste when it come to Will I'm glad they explained why he will not be wearing glasses... at least they explained he now has contacts.

It was a fun episode!! And yet serious at times when Helen and Will were checking on the woman who was coming to terms with her new found "abnormal" ability. I am betting we will see her again. LOL I'm sure Henry hopes so ... lol he was too funny.

I don't think you have to worry about Henry dying. He is funny and there seems to be more story ahead for him

I can't wait until the Five next week
            Spoiler:
            The preview said Helen chose to be like she is!!! Interesting!!!
            Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 08 November 2008, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Oh boy, wow, I just saw Nubbins and all I can say is I WANT MORE HELEN AND MORE SANCTUARY

The episode started with us hearing Helen/Amanda's voice, which is always a good start , we find the team on a ship, they found some dead bodies on the ship, and Helen finds the remains of a friend of hers named Eric, then they find a room which the believed to be some kind room where the abnormals were kept. The team is being watch by a dog-like creature, and then they find a few broken cages, and one cage with a couple cute little critters in them . Then the big bad dog-like creature, the Predator comes out if being invisible, and Helen and Ashley shoot it with tranqs, then it cuts to the credits.

I'm not going to put in too many spoilers so I'll just say, the whole episode was awesome, I loved seeing the whole Sanctuary team working together to truck down the Nubbins, but what was so great was all the Helen screen time . I loved all her whit, charm and and DAMN GOOD LOOKS in the ep . I loved the scene with her and Will in her office, in this scene, I felt another connection to Amanda, just like in the pilot when she said her "Massive leap of faith" line, here, when he came in he said to her "Do you have something against sleep?" As soon as he said that I thought of Amanda, and her bad habits of not getting enough sleep and having all of us worrying about her health . And why does she do that, working like 16 hours a day? Oh that's right, it's because it's what she loves doing, and it's for the fans . After that, things got a little hot in there , and Helen looking as hot as she did in that scene really help to the mood . I knew what was happening between Helen and Will had something to do with the creatures, but I'm looking at Helen and I'm thinking "Oh God she's beautiful", which she is.

A little later, after the Nubbins go bad, they try and hunt them down, Helen finds out that the Nubbins are producing pheromones, and Helen asks Will if he's noticed anything different, Will says "I'm making you Randy" or something like that, and I'm thinking "Yeah, she does that to people, mostly guys"

Spoiler:

Anyway, after they realize cold is the thing that can stop them, they're able to put them away, and the episode ends with close up of Helen's face, excellent ending IMHO .

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                LOL I don't know... I think the Magnus women have excellent taste when it come to Will I'm glad they explained why he will not be wearing glasses... at least they explained he now has contacts.

It was a fun episode! And yet serious at times when Helen and Will were checking on the woman who was coming to terms with her new found "abnormal" ability. I am betting we will see her again. LOL I'm sure Henry hopes so ... lol he was too funny.

I don't think you have to worry about Henry dying. He is funny and there seems to be more story ahead for him

I can't wait until the Five next week
                Spoiler:
                The preview said Helen choose to be like she is!!! Interesting!!!
                I hope you're right about Henry. He's SO much more interesting and fun than Ladon.

Unfortunately, Will doesn't do much for me (looks-wise) - I like the character, though. But he's too average-looking for my tastes. Right now, Druitt is on the top of my hotness list, followed - oddly enough - by Henry, then Bigfoot.

das
                sigpic

Comment

Great episode tonight. It had a lot of funny moments in it. In the beginning, I kind of thought the Nubbins were going to pull a "Gremlins" on us. They proved me wrong, and I enjoyed things more because of that.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Haha, my favorite ep so far! Loved all of the humor, the cute character moments, and the Will/Ashley scene (I'm a hopeless romantic! Sue me! ).

Can't wait to find out more about Helen's past next week! Looks to be a great ep (As they all have been! )
                    sigpic
                    The Return of King Arthur
                    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                    acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

LOL at the lizardman

"sup"

ahahaha

Comment

i really enjoyed the ep!

(so far, though, 'kush' has been my fave)

the helen/will scene was handled very well. i was a bit worried on that (will looks like he's 20 something), but i liked the way it was handled. and that weird music they played through it (when certain ppl were feeling frisky) just cracked me up.

of course, my only complaint is MORE HELEN.

the ashley/will scene was funny.

the girl that could sense things (erica?); while i liked the actress fine enough, i think she slurred her words sometimes. made it hard to understand her at times.

what lovely pets the nubbins would make.

henry is funny.

a from me!

(and next weeks looks GREAT! )

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

"Trouble with tribbles" meets "Broca Divide" bleah....
                          Last edited by silly sally; 08 November 2008, 02:34 AM.

Comment

"Don't forget to put out the fire."
                            "Oh i never do..."

*me chokes on drink*

Nubbins were so cuteee! Ashley and Will scene jsut made me laugh. Awkwardness is soo good. would have been funnier if Magnus had caught them heheh
                            Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                            Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Great show!

Noticed Peter DeLuise directed. Good to see his name again.

Comment

Working...
                              X