X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The TameZone!

Now Available:
    The TameZone!

They gave her her own podcast! Welcome to the premiere of the first GateWorld Podcast spin-off, The TameZone, hosted by recurring guest Tame Farrar, moderator at GateWorld Forum.

Join Tame as she welcomes her first guest, David Read, co-host of the GateWorld Podcast co-host and now Tame's producer. Also joining this first podcast is Skydiver, GateWorld Forum Manager. Tame and Skydiver discuss various aspects of GateWorld Forum, from fandom itself to fan fiction. You will also learn about working a fan convention.

Tame and David will be introducing you to the TameZone … for now. Find out just what this podcast will have in store for you.

And finally, Tame explains all about the surprise Christmas gift the moderators received and the Off-Topic section in general.

Show Notes: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/0...one-episode-1/
    Direct Download: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/med...2010-08-18.mp3
    Feed: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/tam...mezone_rss.xml

Episode #2 http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/0...one-episode-2/

Tune in each week to the newest member of the GateWorld family of podcasts! More details on The TameZone, including a full schedule of upcoming shows, are coming soon.
    Last edited by TameFarrar; 10 September 2010, 11:43 AM.

This just sounds like hilariousness. I have to hear this.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      This just sounds like hilariousness. I have to hear this.
      Ditto! I was going to listen anyway, but then I saw the Cantina in the important links section....tuning in now.
      || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Thanks folks I hope you enjoy AND give feedback

Be gentle I am new at this podcast thing
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Well this should be fun. Sits back and tosses some popcorn in mouth!
          sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
            Thanks folks I hope you enjoy AND give feedback

Be gentle I am new at this podcast thing
            I listened to the first half, and I like it! I always seem to forget that GW has podcasts, but I'd probably try tune in for more TameZone. I'm sure artood2 will be suprised and happy about his sudden fame when he gets back from his trip.

It's kind of funny, actually--your voice sounded very similar to what I imagined it would from your posts. Odd, but cool. =P
            || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

this was like my first podcast ever, so be nice
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Sky sure has a soft voice. With the way she runs GW with cruel iron fist I was expecting something more loud and authoritve.

Overall it was good although my mind wandered during the convention stuff but that is mostly because I don't really care about conventions. You could tell the past with David and Tame because they really bantered together. That is not to say the Sky and Tame discussions would bad but they seemed more formal then the two. Or maybe its because I have a proment position in the Cantina Wars that Tame talked about. A few bumps here and there but like TV shows I'm forgiving in the first few.

Now where is the Jelgate appreciation podcast?
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by GateWorld View Post
                  Tame and Skydiver discuss various aspects of GateWorld Forum, from fandom itself to fan fiction. You will also learn about working a fan convention.
                  this makes me not listen to it
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Listening now. Love you on the GateWorld Podcast.

Comment

awesome, have to listen

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        Sky sure has a soft voice. With the way she runs GW with cruel iron fist I was expecting something more loud and authoritve.

Overall it was good although my mind wandered during the convention stuff but that is mostly because I don't really care about conventions. You could tell the past with David and Tame because they really bantered together. That is not to say the Sky and Tame discussions would bad but they seemed more formal then the two. Or maybe its because I have a proment position in the Cantina Wars that Tame talked about. A few bumps here and there but like TV shows I'm forgiving in the first few.

Now where is the Jelgate appreciation podcast?
                        Thanks for the feedback...hopefully we will work out some of those bumps .. My hope is I will learn to be more fluid so it won't matter about the guest so you won't have that feeling of *banter vs Formal*
                        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                          this makes me not listen to it
                          Stay tuned we have some other topics already on their way

Originally posted by Krissie678 View Post
                          Listening now. Love you on the GateWorld Podcast.
                          Thank YOU!!...I will be keeping you

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                          awesome, have to listen
                          Thanks definitely keeping you too

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
                            I listened to the first half, and I like it! I always seem to forget that GW has podcasts, but I'd probably try tune in for more TameZone. I'm sure artood2 will be suprised and happy about his sudden fame when he gets back from his trip.

It's kind of funny, actually--your voice sounded very similar to what I imagined it would from your posts. Odd, but cool. =P
                            Oh wow he is on a trip...well it will be a nice welcome back moment

mmmmm that may be a Great tag line

The Tamezone....Odd..but cool

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                              Stay tuned we have some other topics already on their way
                              i'll wait a while and see what topics you cover
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                              X