Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGU Rewatch - Discussion thread ( Spoilers for all Episodes : please read post #1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGU Rewatch - Discussion thread ( Spoilers for all Episodes : please read post #1)

Some time ago Artemis-Neith and I decided to do a SGU rewatch together. We agreed that as much fun as PMs, VMs and e-mails are, good old discussion thread which other fans can join is even better, thus this thread was born.

Please take a note that we declare this thread a

*UNICORN ZONE*.

In other words, this is a thread for fans. If you hate SGU, think it destroyed the franchise, can't stand a single episode or the actors etc. etc. - this is NOT a place for you. There are plenty of other threads on the forum where you can vent. We want this thread to be a place where fans of the show can discuss what they love, but also what they think could have been done better, without having to justify or defend their opinions all the time. Critique is very welcome, as long as it's not bashing. We all have our preferences, our pet peeves and issues with various aspects of the show and this is where we can discuss them with fellow fans.

Both Artemis and I are very busy these days, so we don't have a fixed timetable for the rewatch. We plan to watch together episodes that "belong" together. We are starting with Air I-III tonight, which we'll discuss till Friday, maybe Sunday if it's deemed necessary, and then we'll hopefully move on to Darkness & Light for the next week.

Have fun folks!
    There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
    sigpic
    awesome sig by Josiane

Just finished Gauntlet last night. I felt like I could crawl-up into a ball and cry (figuratively speaking). I was so emotionally invested in it, this series was so fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by kitkat3ny View Post
      Just finished Gauntlet last night. I felt like I could crawl-up into a ball and cry (figuratively speaking). I was so emotionally invested in it, this series was so fantastic.
      Know how you feel, it's still weird to think there is no new Stargate. I lament the premature end of a great series, I just felt there was so much more to explore, character and adventure wise.

I've tended to revisit the earlier episodes as it was there where I was wondering whether this was a show I was going to watch or not. It's good now to go back and see what formed my view of this show as one I came to like.

I've only watched 'Gauntlet' once since it first aired, as it just seems too sad to see Destiny disappear into the distance, never to come out of FTL on my TV screen again to face new adventures.

I think it's a great idea to sit down in this thread and watch it again, a bit of group therapy for all of us who miss it!!!

Comment

Oh, I'm in! If I'm understanding correctly, I have until Friday to watch and discuss Air I-III, then we are off to the next couple of episodes.

I might be a bit slow (don't know how much I can watch before Friday), but I'll catch up!
        sigpic
        Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

This was the only series cancellation that have seriously had me upset to no end. I'm finding alot more nuances in rewatching it. Such a great show that really deserved much better from SyFail.

Comment

I watched Air I&II last night. I haven't watched it in a long time, a least a year. D**n it's good! Takes me back to how excited I got after watching it the first time. It was such a step up, I thought a natural progression for Stargate. An intriguing story line with some great characters.
            At first I thought Dr. Rush was going to be a real suck up, but as the story progressed it becomes clear this guy is something else.
            I got all teary eyed when the lights first came up on the dark interior of Destiny, found myself hoping it was a revival of the story! But, hey, I'm dealing with it.
            I still get a big kick out of the scene were Eli opens his front door and talks with O'Neill and Rush. I can imagine what I'd be thinking if these two strange dudes where at my front door! The beaming up was perfect!
            Last edited by jeri; 09 November 2011, 04:39 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

*Pokes head in for a sec*

Just a suggestion, stick to the topic of SGU love and I don't think you will have a problem with the intitial request (keeping it a "Unicorn" Zone). If you "stray to far" however, people WILL get narky and thats not what you want is it?
              sigpic
              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I'm going to be slow - I probably won't get to watch Air I-III until Friday, but I'm hoping to stay on track after that. Would you believe that my DVDs are sitting there untouched since I bought them? Couldn't bring myself to watch until now, y'all are a good influence on me . . .
                sigpic

Comment

I'm too busy to actually rewatch SGU but I'll gladly take part in the discussions. Can't wait until we re-engage the Justice debate
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    I'm too busy to actually rewatch SGU but I'll gladly take part in the discussions. Can't wait until we re-engage the Justice debate
                    I think that Justice debate is fascinating, so will look forward to it.

It seems I've caused trouble on the very first page, I do not wish to upset the pleasantries, so I will endeavor to think long before I type!
                    Last edited by jeri; 09 November 2011, 04:40 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Ok.Seems some clarification is needed on this topic already.

Petra set up this thread as an SGU REWATCH thread ,with a preference for positive critique and friendliness : not as a zone to carry on discord and disagreements with other members.

Draw a line under that,and/or use PM/E-mail to take things up between individuals.
                      If you want to ignore others' opinions or you don't want to interact with them,use your Ignore list feature.

IF any "bashing" starts ,it's as ever,in the eye of the beholder as is "Squee" or any degree of opinion between those informal classifications ,so use the report feature : do not derail the thread into he said /she said or use the thread to denigrate fans/non-fans of SGU.

Discuss the episodes and episode content civilly ,as you go through the rewatch and no modding should be required at all.

Thank you!

Bagpuss.
                      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

^^^Thanks Baggy for stepping in and reaffirming the ground rules. Hopefully you won't have to intervene again.

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                        I think it's a great idea to sit down in this thread and watch it again, a bit of group therapy for all of us who miss it!!!
                        Exactly! Plus I think it will be nice to discuss the whole series in one go. I must confess I haven't rewatched it at all since the cancelation, so I'm sure it will be very interesting for me!

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                        Oh, I'm in! If I'm understanding correctly, I have until Friday to watch and discuss Air I-III, then we are off to the next couple of episodes.
                        That's correct. I think though that we'll extend time to watch/discuss Air till Sunday, seeing as it's Friday already and neither Artemis nor I had time to write down our reviews. So no worries, I'm sure you'll keep up.

Couldn't bring myself to watch until now, y'all are a good influence on me . . .
                        That's a first! Usually I hear I'm bad influence on people...

He he, me too. I'm sure it will be interesting. Meanwhile though, Air!!!
                        There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                        sigpic
                        awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Originally posted by Petra View Post
                          That's correct. I think though that we'll extend time to watch/discuss Air till Sunday, seeing as it's Friday already and neither Artemis nor I had time to write down our reviews. So no worries, I'm sure you'll keep up.
                          Oh, that is very helpful - my plan is to watch Air tonight and Saturday - and post some thoughts on Sunday!
                          sigpic

Comment

Oh, that is very helpful - my plan is to watch Air tonight and Saturday - and post some thoughts on Sunday!
                            Make sure to mention how Rush marooned 80+ people on damanged spaceship for his own selfish interests
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Make sure to mention how Rush marooned 80+ people on damanged spaceship for his own selfish interests
                              Yeah, but somebody had to do it!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X