What Happened to Janus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Happened to Janus?

Here is a thought just for fun; what does everyone think happened to Janus? Did he ascend with the other ancients or did the others finally get fed up with him and lock him in a cave somewhere the way they did with Merlin?

Personally I'd like to think he built yet another time ship and is happily zipping about from one end of time to the other.

Anyone else got any thoughts?

Your idea for what happened to him is far too Dr. Who'y
    sigpic

Comment

Few possibilities if they ever revealed that I thought of.
      1. He could have been the father to who built the girl who made the replicators in the Sg1 Episode
      2. He could have ascended
      3. Just died from old age
      4. Died from one of his experiments
      5. was a founder to the civilisation that built the quantum mirror.

Most likely in my opinion though he took refuge on the planet we see the time ship on in sg1 and died from old age there

Comment

I think that during his time on Earth he definitely developed some of the artifacts/objects SG-1 and other teams have come across, most notably of course the time jumper in season 8. I don't think he's using that to fly through time (at least not anymore), because I'm pretty sure the Ancients would've intervened at some point, considering that technically, by relaying stories from the future to the past, Janus could be changing a timeline.
        I still think Janus also might've had knowledge of Destiny, though whether he's tried to actually go there, I don't know.

In the end, I suppose Janus died of old age. I don't think he would've ascended to be with the other Ancients and not be able to really do anything; he loved inventing things too much for that.

Comment

I like option 5. We never did find out who made those mirrors..

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
            Hey those pesky timelords don't have a monopoly on time travel

Comment

I think they should have chosen the "janus" character as merlin because he was built that way while you remember how merlin was against time travel in atlantis and later became an outlaw himself after descending... he did make another time machine... the time machine which sg-1 discovered on the planet with "king maybourne" was one built by janus too after he came back to milky way from atlantis...

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                Originally posted by Arica15 View Post
                Hey those pesky timelords don't have a monopoly on time travel
                True and at least when the Timelords did Time Travel they didn't screw up the universe everytime the stepped out of their tardis'es.
                Fish in the Pond
                No fish in the Pond
                Fish in the Pond
                No fish in the pond
                Fish in the Pond
                Loch Ness Monster in the Pond
                AHHH!!
                I like Sharky
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah I'm with the King Maybourne theory that it was Janus using that time travelling PJ. Daniel stated that it was a time travelling ancient who had obviously travelled forwards in time and was then travelling backwards studying it and recording it's events. Just because they found the PJ doesn't mean that Janus is dead. It just means that at some point he left it there in the past. Janus may well have moved on to something else.

As for why the other ancients wouldn't stop him, they came back from the milkyway and disbanded remember? Their civilisation had fallen and there wasno hope of rebuilding it as stated by Morgan Le Fay. That would leave Janus pretty free to roam the MW at will doing whatever he wanted by himself. The ascended ancients wouldn't interfere either as he was descended and allowed to do whatever he wanted in descended form. He may well eventually of died of old age (and probably then ascended) but time is relative and although he'd be thousands of years back in the past, he's technically in his own timeline, alive (until he dies obviously).

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                    True and at least when the Timelords did Time Travel they didn't screw up the universe everytime the stepped out of their tardis'es.
                    Fish in the Pond
                    No fish in the Pond
                    Fish in the Pond
                    No fish in the pond
                    Fish in the Pond
                    Loch Ness Monster in the Pond
                    AHHH!!
                    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn (In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming)

Charlie Stoss Laundry Service Crossover anyone :-)
                    ----------------------------
                    You will never get to heaven with an Ak 47... But A Zu 30 is good for Low Flying Cherubim

Comment

Working...
                    X