• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Long Con (213)

Visit the Episode GuideLOST SEASON TWO
    THE LONG CON
    EPISODE NUMBER - 213

Sun is injured in a failed abduction, leading the castaways to fear that the Others may have returned. Jack and Ana Lucia have trouble finding volunteers for their army, and Sawyer recalls a past con.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 08 February 2006, 08:03 PM.

I posted this in the main part of the forum because this thread wasn't made yet, so here's a link to it.
    it has to do with the episode, and its kind of interesting:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=23882

Comment

Well, so much for Sawyer turning into a good guy.

I figured out right away that Sawyer had an accomplace in getting the guns but I guessed wrong. I was thinking it would be Anna Lucia (she thinks everyone is not afraid enough and showed a lot of interest in getting access) but I was rather shocked when it turned out to be Charley.

Comment

This is the best ep of s2 so far. this is one of the few from the season that actually deserved to be on the air.

Comment

Certain gave us a whole new spin on Sawyer, and Holloway certainly got to show what kind of actor he is.

That whole Sawyer/Charlie thing at the end was spooky and sets things up to be quite interesting down the road.

Good to see Sayid coming out of his funk and working with Hurley.

Excellent episode!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Fantastic episode. Certainly my favorite of season two by far.

Sawyer was a scumbag. Good. I don't want to see him turn into Golly Gee Willikers Mr. nice guy. It's not who he is and I thought the story on the island along with his flashback were very true to character. I find his motivations ambiguous at best. Which is exactly why I like him so much. It does seem as if he wants to be hated. I'm not sure he would know how to cope with being accepted by everyone in the group. He's stuck in a strange place with no apparent escape so he clings to the only familiar thing he has: running a con.

The agreement with Charlie was quite creepy. The scene at the end in the jungle sent chills down my spine. I'm intrigued at the possible avenues this story has opened up.

Locke's motives are still baffling. He seems to be plotting something. He's always been a rather mysterious character but has been even more so lately. What exactly is he doing? Is he trying to protect everyone or is he up to something else? Interesting.

Overall a really great episode. I was very disappointed in the last episode and am somewhat gratified to see Lost back in form.

Comment

Sawyer has an interesting way of doing good things in a way that people can still hate him for it. Sawyer actually saved the group by taking the guns away, not letting them attack the others.

Jack is taking a major turn from the cool, resposible doctor, to a more vengeful character. Jack many episodes ago would never have handed a gun out to Jin to go after the others (not that he did of course, but he wanted to).

Charlie is definately pissed at Locke and has his own motivations. Jack is clearly upset at Kate for making him walk away from Michael, from getting more out of the others, etc.

Finally this season is getting interesting. Hey maybe next week we can see the same exact thing but from Charlie's point of view!
              "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

A complete and total shake up!! I agree that Jack is becoming a pain in the mikta...and Locke...is up to something.....Charlie's jealous....how typical of him...he really isn't a bad egg...now Sawyer...hmmm that boy just got more interesting.....poor Kate...she has no idea what she is in for!. I believe Sawyer really does love her.....and where is Mr. Eko? oh and good for Charlie to turn down the drugs from Sawyer...although he did look tempted!

Comment

Very good episode. Nice plot twist at the end with Charlie. I would have been a little more surpising if they put him in more scenes in the episode, even just in the background. They he wouldn't have been "suspiciously absent" though no one seemed to notice. I still didn't see it coming though.

I personally don't think Sawyers "gone bad" (well bader) like some people have said. I think he's just fed up with Jack and Locke running everything. He only took the guns so he could start having some control over what's gonna happen with the whole "army" thing and everything else thats been happening. And who could blame him? After the whole hunting party thing and constantly taking orders from Jack and Locke, its gotta get to him. He probably only made the deal with Charlie b/c he knew it would help him gain that leverage. Charlie gets revenge on Locke and Sawyer gets a position of power.

Still gotta wonder how they got the guns if Locke was moving them and w/out him seeing them take um.
                  It's nice to see the regular feel of Lost coming back. Just hope they keep it up.
                  Mentally unstable like a fox!!

Comment

Did anyone else notice Kate's mother in Sawyer's diner flashback? Small world.

Comment

Originally posted by Vee
                      Did anyone else notice Kate's mother in Sawyer's diner flashback? Small world.
                      Really? Wow....I think I'll have to go watch that episode again and see if I can spot her. Definitely one of my faves for season two, I love how multi-demensional they make Sawyer's character to be, you wanna like him but at the same time you can't, you don't know what drives him to be the way he is. I didn't want to see him get all lovey dovey with Kate, that's just not his way. I like how Jack is changing and becoming less one demensional. He has a vengeful side along with the whole wanna save everyone thing. I want to know see more of Charlie going dark side on us. That was quite the twist, something I didn't see coming. I totally thought Ana Lucia would be the one, but she may turn out more goody two shoes than we think. Great episode, can't wait till next week!

"Oh honey you just can't seem to walk into a room quietly can you?" -Michael Shanks Chicago Con 08

The Universe is Mad
                      Photobucket

Comment

This was a great show! I somehow figured Charlie had something to do from the start of the show, but I didn't expect Sawyer to have planned the whole thing. That ending was creepy!

If they found Charlie dragged Sun, they are going to kill him. Perhaps Sawyer will blackmail Charlie in the future?
                        "I swallowed a bug" River

Comment

I have to agree with Charlie plot twist. The group I watch it with all had a "Woah, no way!!" moment. And as for Kate accusing that Sawyer wanted everyone to hate him...why do you think that is? It was also a nice change to see Locke at a total loss as to what to do for a change. The look on his and Jack's face when Sawyer's plot was finally unveiled was priceless.

Comment

I think it shows Sawyer is very complex.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsDan
                              Sawyer has an interesting way of doing good things in a way that people can still hate him for it. Sawyer actually saved the group by taking the guns away, not letting them attack the others.
                              Interesting observation. I must admit, I almost cheered when Bad-boy Sawyer returned to the screen, just because I was glad to see him being back to his bad self. But you're right ... he was actually doing a good thing, in taking away the tools the group would have used to just go and get themselves killed.

If nothing else, this episode showed that Sawyer is much, much smarter than he generally lets on.

Comment

Working...
                              X