This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolute Power

If Stargate were real i don't think many countries epecially, Russia, China and the EU, would like the US to have that much power in their possesion.

"Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely"
    Last edited by RuleBritannia; 19 March 2006, 12:08 PM.

an enemy's promises were ment to be broken
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

an enemy's promises were meant to be broken
      Ah but birds of a feather!

If Stargate were real i don't think many countries especially, Russia, China and the EU, would like the US to have that much power in their possession.
      No they wouldn’t, but the Us wouldn't tell them...and even if they found out what could they do take it by force? There’s no law that you cannot use alien technology is it? I doubt other countries would like to start a war!
      4 easy steps how to make people hate you
      Spoiler:
      Ignore them
      Spoiler:
      talk bad about them behind their backs
      Spoiler:
      Use lots of spoiler tags
      Spoiler:
      Your name has to be Rihard Gaberšcek

sigpic

Comment

But the other countries have the biggest trump card of all - the secret of the Stargate. I'm sure their are some coutries (Like the middle east) would have no problem starting a war.

Comment

Originally posted by RuleBritannia
          But the other countries have the biggest trump card of all - the secret of the Stargate. I'm sure their are some coutries (Like the middle east) would have no problem starting a war.
          and we got zats staff weapons and bc cruisers and a fleet of F 302's so who do you think has the advantage in that upcoming war

Comment

As the Ancients learn't:

Numbers are more powerful than technology

Comment

As the Ancients learn't:

Numbers are more powerful than technology
              Yes that is very true
              sigpic
              Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

If Stargate were real i don't think many countries epecially, Russia, China and the EU, would like the US to have that much power in their possesion.

But we are already an absolute power.
                *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Then be warned

Comment

Be warned by who.
                    *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                    *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                    *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                    *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                    *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                    *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                    *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
                      and we got zats staff weapons and bc cruisers and a fleet of F 302's so who do you think has the advantage in that upcoming war
                      Exactly. And up 'til just recently, the US was the ONLY country to have that kind of technology because of selfishness. Even with an impending war with the Ori (which we LOST horribly because they wouldn't let other countries construct BC cruisers).

And if they were to use such weapons to "defend" themselves against the other countries, the world would turn on them. The entire world would strike the US down (Wraith vs. Ancients) because absolute power DOES corrupt and it IS corruption when you use such weapons against your own comrades.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                        Exactly. And up 'til just recently, the US was the ONLY country to have that kind of technology because of selfishness. Even with an impending war with the Ori (which we LOST horribly because they wouldn't let other countries construct BC cruisers).

And if they were to use such weapons to "defend" themselves against the other countries, the world would turn on them. The entire world would strike the US down (Wraith vs. Ancients) because absolute power DOES corrupt and it IS corruption when you use such weapons against your own comrades.
                        Spoiler:
                        We only lost a battle, not a war. And there is absolutely no basis to say that we would have won that battle if we had more BC cruisers. In fact, I think all evidence points to that it wouldn't have mattered. There were a number of other ships there including Asguard, none of which seemed to make any dent in the Ori shields. While the Ori weapons seemed to rapidly deplete the shields used by the ships in the attack.

Anyway, who's to say that China/Russia, or any other country for that matter, wouldn't do the exact same thing had they had control of the Stargate from the beginning.
                        Those who live with no fear inevitably lead boring lives, for fear is the element within our hearts that breathes excitement into our souls.

Comment

lets be honest though lets just pretend for a minute that everything that has happend the past 10 years in stargate was real... really happening right this second in the world... the biggest reason why all the nations of the world wouldnt do anything about the united states having the stargate would be fear. because of recent events in SG-1 fanale its clear that the united states controls the only 2 battleships with alien technology and has the most ready supply of F-302's... the fear of that alone is what keeps the other countries in check... lets just pretend china, russia, EU teamed together to go to war agianst the united states having F-302's and 2 battleships with shield technology itself would be enough to win that war very quickly. that is in my opinion what keeps the other countries to themselves is the fact that we control all this technology... granted we are suppose to share most of not all we find but as far as we know the other nations of the world dont have F-302's or are building battleships yet FEAR keeps them inline.

See Jaffa are Crazy! (pic of a Tia food place in the US of A )

Comment

The US already has "that much power" in terms of the real world. Makes sense that they still maintain "that much power" in a world that has Stargates and starships.

Comment

Originally posted by Chemp
                              Ah but birds of a feather!
                              and yet honesty is the best policy LOl i love lost city

Comment

Working...
                              X