Destiny's Gate Address (Chevron Order)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Destiny's Gate Address (Chevron Order)

So First off If this is in the wrong section I apologize. Feel free to move it to a more appropriate section if needed.

Now for my actual question.
    I've been on the wiki and hunted through google trying to find the Correct order for the Gate Address to get to Destiny from Earth (or well the icarus planet, but with the Point of Origin being earth). I've seen one constant address but it's ususally listed with the cavieat that Only the 1st 7th and 9th symbols are in order. Does anyone know where I might be able to find the full correct order of these symbols? The reason it is important to me is that I'm planning on getting the Gate Address done as a Tatoo and I don't want to get it and then two weeks later have the full address shown in a different order on the show and have to go back and get it Redone.
    Now since there hasn't been a hint of another Icarus type planet being found I can't see them dialing up destiny anytime soon (maybe the end of this season?) but with my luck it'll get thrown in soon and I'll have the wrong addy tatooed on my arm lol.
    Thanks for the help in advance. Btw is there an intro thread somewhere around? I did a quick glance down the forums but didn't see one. Though I probably missed it.

Unfortunately we never got to see the entire address in the correct order, only the 1st, 7th and 9th chevron, like you already said. Perhaps you should ask Mr. Mallozzi on his blog, maybe he will give you an answer
    We do however know the 7-chevron-address to dial Destiny, I don't know if you would consider that a nice tattoo as well?
    sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

I wouldn't get the whole address as a tattoo, myself. I'd just get the symbol for Earth and when people ask me what it is I can tell them, "It's where I'm from."
      sigpic
      ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfire32 View Post
        I wouldn't get the whole address as a tattoo, myself. I'd just get the symbol for Earth and when people ask me what it is I can tell them, "It's where I'm from."
        That would be pretty awesome.
        If I saw you on the street with one of those, you would be high fived.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfire32 View Post
          Well since Earth is the Point of Origin it will be included in the Tattoo. So that'll cover that.

As for Asking Joe Mallozzi on his blog. I will definately give it a shot. I was looking around for his e-mail addy, though I admit I didn't look very hard cause I know how private most people in the TV and Movie business are. But I will definately give that a shot.

Comment

That'd be a sweet tat.

Technically... Destiny's address is a code, so dialing it is the same no matter where you dial from...?

According to the Stargate Wiki, the this is the address:

Comment

The problem is, the order of the symbols of a Stargate address is vital. The address "123456" leads to a different gate than "123465". We never get to see the correct order of all symbols in "Air (1)", only the 1st, 7th and 9th. Six symbols leads to 6! possible combinations, therefore there are 720 possible addresses if we do not know the correct order of the remaining six symbols.
              sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

Originally posted by Rylor View Post
                The problem is, the order of the symbols of a Stargate address is vital. The address "123456" leads to a different gate than "123465". We never get to see the correct order of all symbols in "Air (1)", only the 1st, 7th and 9th. Six symbols leads to 6! possible combinations, therefore there are 720 possible addresses if we do not know the correct order of the remaining six symbols.
                Another reason I'd just stick with Earth's symbol: I hate math.
                sigpic
                ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. I guess im going to go with the address listed in the wiki. I'll make sure to post up pics after it's done.

Comment

IS there anyway i could get someone to send the the link to the Destiny 7chevron address. I am wanting to get it as a tattoo and have been looking everywhere for it

Comment

Originally posted by wraithfollower View Post
                      IS there anyway i could get someone to send the the link to the Destiny 7chevron address. I am wanting to get it as a tattoo and have been looking everywhere for it
                      Point of origin
                      Can use every glyph on the Gate
                      Last edited by LT. COL. John Sheppard; 10 February 2012, 03:34 AM.
                      sigpic
                      Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Originally posted by Aesop View Post
                        That'd be a sweet tat.

Technically... Destiny's address is a code, so dialing it is the same no matter where you dial from...?

According to the Stargate Wiki, the this is the address:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by F-Bobby View Post
                          Thanks for the input guys. I guess im going to go with the address listed in the wiki. I'll make sure to post up pics after it's done.
                          This would be super awesome! I suppose since they only have 3 posts however from 2010 he never did post photos
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rylor View Post
                            Just get yourself 720 tattoos and be done with it.
                            "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Have you looked at the season 1 finale? See if it shows it more on the Lucian alliance screens, or when they weNt to langara?
                              sigpic
                              THERE IS NO MORE POWER!!

Comment

Working...
                              X