Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martha's Cousin - Will it return to haunt the doctor?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martha's Cousin - Will it return to haunt the doctor?

The Doctor essentially killed Martha's cousin in the season finale of S2. Regardless of whether she'd had her humanity stripped away, he delivered the final blow. Does anyone wonder whether or not this this will return in some form to haunt the good Doctor? Surely there must be Torchwood video footage, archives etc. Will Martha ever know the truth? Did Mr Saxon tell Martha's mother that the Doctor is responsible for her death?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

I actually hope it does, it could make Martha and The Doctor's relationship really intersting IMO
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

once the martha finds out then the doctor will push off the tardis and then she gets hit by a bus!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
        The Doctor essentially killed Martha's cousin in the season finale of S2. Regardless of whether she'd had her humanity stripped away, he delivered the final blow. Does anyone wonder whether or not this this will return in some form to haunt the good Doctor? Surely there must be Torchwood video footage, archives etc. Will Martha ever know the truth? Did Mr Saxon tell Martha's mother that the Doctor is responsible for her death?
        I don't know, as everyone keeps telling me *IT'S WAR* and apparently all is fair.

And really what choice did he have? Also I don't think HE killed anyone The Cybermen and The Daleks are the ones who have blood on um... their hand thingies.

I actually think none of this will be mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
          I don't know, as everyone keeps telling me *IT'S WAR* and apparently all is fair.

And really what choice did he have? Also I don't think HE killed anyone The Cybermen and The Daleks are the ones who have blood on um... their hand thingies.

I actually think none of this will be mentioned.
          I know, but it would be interesting, and just because WE know he had no choice, doesn't mean Martha will see that.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I actually think they will.. Martha keeps bringing it up... her cousins death and all... so it's possible that the writers don't want us to forget... because well they want to bring it up later.... bring the Doctor and Martha at odds when they need each other most

Comment

I know, but it would be interesting, and just because WE know he had no choice, doesn't mean Martha will see that.
              Yeah but then you risk getting bogged down in a moral minefield and as much as I think Doctor Who handles that fairly well (compared to Stargate anyway ) I just think there will be too many things going on in the last three eps for this to be more then a passing shot... really it looks like it will be all about The Doctor not Martha (who is still just a small player).

At least I would be disappointed if this gets an airing, maybe it will only be between Martha and her Mother. *which I still dont' want to see as it would be shades of Rose and her Mother*

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Jumper View Post
                I actually think they will.. Martha keeps bringing it up... her cousins death and all...
                OK where does she "keep" bringing it up?

Comment

I think I heard it mentioned twice. Once in the first ep, but the second, I'm not sure...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I think I heard it mentioned twice. Once in the first ep, but the second, I'm not sure...
                    I only remember it once, and I am thinking it may have only been written in as a way to explain why Martha looked so much like *that women* working in Torchwood... fans do ask stupid questions after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                      I only remember it once, and I am thinking it may have only been written in as a way to explain why Martha looked so much like *that women* working in Torchwood... fans do ask stupid questions after all.
                      Indeed, that's how I remember it too.
                      But it might be interesting to have Martha discover that little tit-bit at some point. Could change her feelings about the Doc.
                      sigpic
                      "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

I'm guessing yes. I'm guessing Martha's mother has already been shown the footage -edited of course to make it look as incriminating as possible. I'm guessing it's one of the reasons shes

Spoiler:

Apparently cooperating with Saxon.

I'd forgotten how much I loved this show!!

Comment

Working...
                        X