• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Five-Twenty-Ten (507)

Visit the Episode GuideFRINGE - SEASON FIVE
    FIVE-TWENTY-TEN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 507
    The next tape recovered from amber leads the team to Bell's storage facility, but Walter and Olivia must secure help from Nina Sharp in order to gain access. Meanwhile Peter uses his new abilities in an attempt to orchestrate his own fringe event.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 21 May 2015, 10:53 PM.

Bye Peter, it's been fun.

My only question, which I hope they answer, if Peter is the first Observer, who created the technology bug in the first place - Walter or Bell?

I can see this is going to be the ultimate self fulfilling prophecy, Peter becomes the first Observer in order to avenge his daughter's death, but in doing so becomes corrupted by the very technology he is trying to destroy, ending up in a cycle of time paradox and inadvertently kicking off the sequence of events that create the Observers in the first place - the only way being to stop this cycle is with Peter's death, possibly at the hands of Walter, or another member of the team.
    Last edited by Ian-S; 17 November 2012, 05:07 AM.

Comment

I really don't like the fact that Peter seems to become an observer, the last minutes were really creepy but cool in a way and the entire episode Peter was creepy as well. Poor Astrid, she always seems in the middle of the family issues and most of the time doesn't know how to help them but she's doing good and I really like her, she is the only normal one left in this show I guess.

Who would have thought in Season 2 that this show would end up in this kind of situation ? I still love this show don't get me wrong, it is one of my favorites but I feel that they should have left the alternate universe open and the story line in season 3 without vanishing Peter because that story screw everything. I loved Season 1 - 3 really, awesome stuff, especially season 3, season 4 was okay as well but still disconnected to the previous season and this season is like a new show but with allready known characters which I really like so I'm watching this last season but I hope it will have a good ending to this show !
      sigpic

Comment

haha a lot of doom and gloom, it was a creepy episode at times but a really good one and interesting

the fact that Walter and Peter are in a somewhat similar situation and all the stuff that brings up is really interesting

I for one am not writing Peter off, I did watch the preview for the next ep mind (3 weeks ) and it was amazing ha but I don't think Walter let alone Olivia will let him turn into a mindless baldie

can't wait for the next episode though

Comment

Originally posted by LanDodger View Post
          haha a lot of doom and gloom, it was a creepy episode at times but a really good one and interesting

the fact that Walter and Peter are in a somewhat similar situation and all the stuff that brings up is really interesting

I for one am not writing Peter off, I did watch the preview for the next ep mind (3 weeks ) and it was amazing ha but I don't think Walter let alone Olivia will let him turn into a mindless baldie

can't wait for the next episode though
          Olivia just needs a good dose of cortexiphan again and simply short circuit that stupid tech. Saving Peter should give her enough drive to be able to do so.

I am not sure if Peter is becoming the first observer. How can that be? That would mean that Peter is vital to them, but then why did they try to erase him for good from the new timeline? They would have basicly screwed their own history.

Overall it was an awesome Episode and cant wait for next week. I hope Walter will be okay, he really seems to struggle with his other side, but to be honest I have not felt like I really have seen that much of that Walter. He seemed to have kind of been that way before he got Ambered as he is way more serious in the Videotapes.
          Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
          Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
          There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

tbh I don't get where all of the first observer stuff comes from, let alone the theory (that I think is completely wrong) that Peter could somehow be September, I get there is the whole potential for paradox etc but I just dont see it happening, as you say in terms of the Observers Peter's purpose was to activate the machine etc; they would have to know how their own future would come to pass so wouldn't risk wiping him out

I think the events are critical yes and that September was different to the other observers but I don't think its that simple, I think September is the little mini observer meself but meh

I do think that Peter may be Donald somehow but I do not think at all he is going to go full on baldilocks and turn into a complete drone, he might be different from the experience but I think his transformation of sorts will stop

which is why the whole Walter and Peter thing is good, but yeh I do hope Walter can find some sort of resolution, come to terms with who he was and what he did

hopefully Olivia does start to play a bigger role, she will have to if she wants to save Peter let alone the world, funky Cortexiphan powers would be good

Comment

A show that has been about the scientific effects that can happen from messing with a parallel universe to save the life of Peter and now Peter is most likely going to die....again.
              Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Peter isn't September, the little boy is September (they both had the same (birth?)mark above their noses on their foreheads.

BTW, to clarify, when I say Peter is the first Observer, I mean it in the literal linier timeline sense, all the baldies we've ever seen have travelled back in time to the point at which we have met them, Peter (although being stuck in Amber for 23 years) is in the correct point of his timeline, he hasn't as far as we know either travelled forward or back in time since returning, so in the literal sense, he is the first.

Whether that means jack nothing or whether by doing this he's creating a self fulfilling prophecy, only time will tell (excuse the pun ).
                Last edited by Ian-S; 17 November 2012, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Amazing episode from start to finish. This is getting very scary concerning Peter. I wonder if it is too late to save him?
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                  X