Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Opinion/Feeling on S4 Ratings. Will there be S5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Opinion/Feeling on S4 Ratings. Will there be S5?

Everyone's Opinions/Feelings on S4 Ratings. Will there be S5?

No data needed to support what you think. This is your gut feelings..

Let the Discussion begin.

No one is right here. Everyone play nice

i hope so!!

i 'think' the ratings are 'good enough' for an s5, but i believe 5 will be the last season.

i think if sanctuary wants to go beyond s5, it'll need to stir the plot pot. OR, focus on what they know really works and what the fans/viewers really appreciate.

so i guess i'm saying is either go way out and do some stuff never done, or focus on the stuff they/ptb know fans really like. it's go to one end or the other, not the middle.

^ i don't if i agree with what i just said.
    sally

sigpic

Comment

I'll start off with my feelings.

Season 5... That would be a almost no for me. There are a few things that could get the pickup from Syfy and that would be the constant 0.4 they are getting this year. So i see that at a slim chance when you add the funding by Beedie. Haven't heard anything about Beedie this year so we don't know if they have financing. If they don't then no Season 5 is very probable.

Why else I think maybe no season 5.... Watching many cast members this season put on quest star status. I see this as trying to save money but what will they have to do next year as cost rise? Will they lose some on the Cast as a result. Do we want to only have two regular cast Helen/Will.... Yes to Helen for me but just Will the other one. grrrr

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
        i hope so!!

i 'think' the ratings are 'good enough' for an s5, but i believe 5 will be the last season.

i think if sanctuary wants to go beyond s5, it'll need to stir the plot pot. OR, focus on what they know really works and what the fans/viewers really appreciate.

so i guess i'm saying is either go way out and do some stuff never done, or focus on the stuff they/ptb know fans really like. it's go to one end or the other, not the middle.

^ i don't if i agree with what i just said.
        Stir the plot pot....

You have hit it. Writing is so important.... I have been disappointed with some of the episodes because of this since 3.5.
        Last edited by Steff; 08 December 2011, 02:45 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Steff View Post
          Stir the plot pot....

You have hit it. Writing is so important.... I have been disappointed with some of the episodes because of this since 3.5.
          i'm afraid stirring the plot pot might get us more 'monsoon' antics, and i'm 'not' a fan of that. of course, i would be totally fine with helen getting it on with a hot guy, but that's just my tastes. slash type storylines just don't do it for me, but i know others feel different.

sometimes when i watch 'supernatural', i wish the writers took more of that adult type story telling.

i so, so, sooo hope sanctuary gets renewed! iz gots to have my amanda fix!

(((sanctuary fans)))
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            i'm afraid stirring the plot pot might get us more 'monsoon' antics, and i'm 'not' a fan of that. of course, i would be totally fine with helen getting it on with a hot guy, but that's just my tastes. slash type storylines just don't do it for me, but i know others feel different.

sometimes when i watch 'supernatural', i wish the writers took more of that adult type story telling.

i so, so, sooo hope sanctuary gets renewed! iz gots to have my amanda fix!

(((sanctuary fans)))
            They did seem to try things this year. What does everyone think of the effect of having more arc stories compared to the stand alone monster of the week? Do you think the ratings would go up if they returned to the more stand-alone Season 1 type episodes. I was a firm believer that it would but I was disappointed with the filler episodes of season 3 with the exception of Hangover. But last week's episode showed me that can do it right. That episode was what I want Sanctuary to be. Yet the ratings don't show how good it was. Ratings seem to be a week late in cause and effect. We can't directly place ratings with the episode. Too many factors. Did people like the week before, what night is it being shown on, what is going on in the world, was it a popular night for children's recitals? hehe

Comment

I do hope there will be a Season 5, even though it would be the last. The writers just started to dig and explore deeper into the relationships between characters and there were some new parties in S4 such as FBI, SCIU, DHS, etc. that could expand the story further. That said, funding aside, if Sanctuary wants to go into or beyond S5 I think they need a bigger network, way beyond the government agencies. Stargate has the whole galaxy, Gou'ald and Jaffa stories to tell, Eureka has the whole town and the research facility (I just started on Eureka so correct me if I'm wrong), but Sanctuary only has a handful of people to play with if not MOTW. I wouldn't mind to have more Watson and Tesla but this is a challenge to the producers and writers.

JMHO.
              sigpic
              Sign by me

Comment

I think it's 50/50. Beedie has apparently been giving them funding, i base this solely on seeing 'special thanks' or something like that in the credits.

the ratings havent' been all that great. Overall fan opinions also seem to trend that s3.5 was uneven and weak (like instead of 13 zingers we got 13 good, 3 zingers and the rest filler) However, if the ratings are 'low' (which is a relative term by the way) we don't know the renewal threshold. FOr all we know the current ratings make them a profit.

I do also agree if there is a s5 that'll be it. They'll hit the 60+ episode syndication mark and it'll be over with them moving onto something else.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

What also worry me is that the main casts look like having fun doing something new now, so I doubt how eager they are to come back to do a S5.
                  sigpic
                  Sign by me

Comment

Originally posted by Dinoman View Post
                    What also worry me is that the main casts look like having fun doing something new now, so I doubt how eager they are to come back to do a S5.
                    I scared about Ryan Robbins, but happy for him too. He keeps working on Falling Skies week after week. A Steven Spielberg show. How could he pass up anything that would develop from that? I LOVE Henry.

Comment

Originally posted by Steff View Post
                      They did seem to try things this year. What does everyone think of the effect of having more arc stories compared to the stand alone monster of the week? Do you think the ratings would go up if they returned to the more stand-alone Season 1 type episodes.

i like the story arcs more than the monster of the week. i think the ratings would go up if 1- they did more helen centric storylines, and 2- they advertised that they were.

i also think they need to stop the b-storylines, b/c they only take away from the main plot <-- especially if the b-storyline isn't involving helen! the 5 is a very popular concept, done wonderfully by all the actors they hired to play them!

i really don't know what would make the ratings go up, i know what i 'like' and just wish they'd do more of that.
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

I do also agree if there is a s5 that'll be it. They'll hit the 60+ episode syndication mark and it'll be over with them moving onto something else.
                        i would SO love to see a 6th season, just focusing on helen magnus! i really think they could pull it off, they'd just need to do their absolute best on *every* episode, and i believe it would be a hit. a bigger hit than the regular sanctuary series!

all fangirling aside, i really believe this.
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

I think sanctuary is on the fence, it could go either way. It has a few episodes left and ratings haven't been all that stellar. They may get another year, but I wouldn't be shocked if it got cancelled.

If there is a season 5 - I think it will be the last. Syfy seems to have more reality type shows on now than scripted shows. I don't think they are trying to do away with scripted show, I just think it's cheaper to make the reality shows. I've even heard next season there is going to be a syfy reality game show with Urkel (Jaleel White) hosting.

My personal preference on what I like about sanctuary and wish they would do more of ... The stories involving the Five. I think the Five has always been the show's strongest asset, but they always seemed to have difficulty meshing The Five story arcs with the current team story arcs. I think the Five was just a way to explain who Helen was/is but the characters were so much more fleshed out that it kinda created a whole other series within a series. The Five's lengthy complicated past offered more stories than the monster of the week. While the hollow earth was a very good attempt at bringing both the five and the current team together it's kinda been hit and miss for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                            My personal preference on what I like about sanctuary and wish they would do more of ... The stories involving the Five. I think the Five has always been the show's strongest asset, but they always seemed to have difficulty meshing The Five story arcs with the current team story arcs. I think the Five was just a way to explain who Helen was/is but the characters were so much more fleshed out that it kinda created a whole other series within a series. The Five's lengthy complicated past offered more stories than the monster of the week. While the hollow earth was a very good attempt at bringing both the five and the current team together it's kinda been hit and miss for me.
                            It is in fact a bit difficult because 2 of the Fives are dead and 1 is MIA.
                            sigpic
                            Sign by me

Comment

LOL True, but I haven't heard anything about the one that is MIA (it may be that I missed it). Shouldn't someone at least go -
                              Spoiler:
                              hey anyone seen the big bald guy lately ...

While Tesla and John seem to be/ used to be the two semi-regulars (other than Helen Obviously) they could carry the Five story arcs and add in flashbacks to Watson ... I could see it working. I'm not saying I don't like the current team (I do, points to avatar). I like them all, just wish writers would have found a better way to incorporate the two teams/groups.

Comment

Working...
                              X