Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are holobands the future of gaming?

http://www.tecca.com/column/are-holo...ure-of-gaming/

I wouldn't mind having a holoband, the v-club for me anyway is the most interesting thing about Caprica.

Originally posted by generaloneill View Post
    http://www.tecca.com/column/are-holo...ure-of-gaming/

I wouldn't mind having a holoband, the v-club for me anyway is the most interesting thing about Caprica.
    i like new cap city myself!

Comment

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
      i like new cap city myself!
      New Cap City is interesting, but i have to go with the v-club which is way more entertaining there is more to do in the v-club than there is in NCC, such as drug dens, group sex rooms and the "kill zone" - an area in which visitors could fight others hand-to-hand or with firearms. There was also a ritualistic sacrificing of a virgin on stage, an offering to the goddess of the underworld, Hecate.

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/V-Club

It seems that the only thing there is do in NCC is kill or be killed and that's no fun.

Comment

If holobands were available, I would definitely want one.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
          If holobands were available, I would definitely want one.
          Same here. Personally, as a sci-fi geek, I think the development of a holoband would be much more practical/feasible than a "holodeck" (Star Trek, etc) because it doesn't involve creating 'solid' holograms, etc. I'm not saying that developing a technology like a holoband would be easy or simple, I'm just saying that it would probably be more practical/feasible to develop when compared to other VR devices such as Star Trek's holodeck.
          sigpic
          Don't touch Lola

Comment

I really hope I get to see technology like this in my lifetime.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Really...? I'd be **** scared if it were, V club is a nasty place, and I think it would be bad for society :/

Comment

Originally posted by Julian View Post
                Really...? I'd be **** scared if it were, V club is a nasty place, and I think it would be bad for society :/
                V Club doesn't have to exist. I certainly wouldn't go there if something like it did exist. Personally, I would be more excited than scared about holoband technology.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

If Holobands were real then i'd totally buy one! My only fear is that people would become so adictive that society turn into that one episode of Star Trek: TNG in that you'd see people wearing them EVERYWHERE.

Not to get too off topic but this reminds me of a question i've been thinking about for a while. If you go to the V-Club for sex but you haven't ever physically done it then are you still a virgin?

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    V Club doesn't have to exist. I certainly wouldn't go there if something like it did exist. Personally, I would be more excited than scared about holoband technology.
                    What do you mean, it "doesn't have to exist"? Of course it's bound to happen. Internet was created with honest and friendly intentions and look at all the crap that has come out of it!

Comment

Maybe it would be good to have a place like V world so people could get rid of the stress of real life and life out whatever fantasy's they have without actually harming other people..

Also think of the people that are in coma's and the likes, wonder if such tech would work on them, how able bodied would you ahve to actually be to use stuff like that..

Comment

Computer Brain Interfaces have made significant strides in the last decade. Still, I think there's a lot more work that needs to be accomplished to get anywhere near what goes on in V-World.

Comment

They will come, but in steps. We're likely not that far away from some pretty realistic 3D environments, but might be a ways away from full sensory immersion.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                            They will come, but in steps. We're likely not that far away from some pretty realistic 3D environments, but might be a ways away from full sensory immersion.
                            That would be great to see in my lifetime. We shall see.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Shows like Caprica make me feel sad. They have awesome tech and are moving forward, yet we are stagnant.

Did you know that 85% of computer geniuses and techno whizzes go into computer game development! What a f**king waste of talent, who cares about the magical orcs and your 75 HP!!!!

Get a real job!

Comment

Working...
                              X