• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Endgame (810)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON EIGHT
    EPISODE NUMBER - 810

The Stargate is stolen, leading SG-1 to discover that the Trust has taken control of an advanced ship in orbit. Teal'c investigates a series of wide-spread Jaffa deaths.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 10:18 PM.

Not bad; about time the status quo got shook up again.
    Cool re-dress for the Al'kesh interior.
    I see Groom Lake's fine stock of evergreens is doing well as always.
    Jack needs to work on his command decisions, though. That left a sour taste at the end.

Comment

Good episode, nice to see some insight on the Trust. I wonder what'll happen to that girl and the Al'Kesh she's on.
      Thor: The Asgard would never invent a weapon that propels small weights of iron and carbon alloys, by igniting a powder of potassium nitrate, charcoal and sulphur.

Comment

Why did they give Osiris a damn Alke'sh bomber?! Why couldn't she have her own ship, the one from "The Curse"?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
        [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Whoops, did I mess up my apostrophes?

Dunno, I would have liked to see that ship again, too.

Comment

Nice episode. Like the asgard gave us beam technoligy.

The only thing I would wonder is that instead of sam, daniel and tealc beam out of the alkesh why did they not simply take control of the alkesh since there only person control of other ship. Teal'c alone with 1 hand tied behind his back could take care 1 human female.
            http://www.stargatetechworld.com/gif...f302launch.gif

Comment

Dude, I never get the puncuation right.

So don't follow me.

And her ship should have been there.

Anyone else notice that they used the same clip from "Promotheus (6x11)" as they did in this episode? It was when there was a full frontal extior shot of Prometheus.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

So...the Trust is like the rogue NID, but competent..

Yeah, I liked this episode. It was neat seeing that O'Neall couldn't make the difficult decision to do something necessary that would result in killing his friends like Hammond probably could.

I'm glad they gave the transporters limitations. In Star Trek the transporter is way too powerful, and sometimes they have to ignore it exists or make excuses for it not to work to make their plots work. With the locator beams, if they *must* have a transporter...at least they just can't use it whenever they want.

Comment

Okay, I really hate to say this....

I felt nothing for this episode. I didn't absolutely hate it, but I far from even marginally liked it. It had no suspense. For the 'biggest hiest in human history' it lacked suspense. I think that's my major complaint.

So, my issues, in no particular order:

1) Area 51, the SGC, and the government can not possibly be this idiotic with their security. They simply can not. It stretches credibility to the breaking point. The alien technology at Nellis should be a two man zone. No one person should have been able to get in to see it, much less mess with it or replace it.

On a related point, the signals detected within the SGC before the gate was stolen should have been investigated. I do not believe any competent command would just write it off as symtomatic of retooled superconductors.

2) The Trust, if they are as powerful as they are made out to be (and I think they are far too powerful for believablity as well) should have had a list of the gate addresses of the worlds the Rebel Jaffa were encamped on. Any truely cold and calculating bad guy doesn't waste is chance to wipe out the Goa'uld on those worlds until much farther down on his list.

3) The Trust people should have been better fleshed out. They were card board, and in many cases, the acting was wooden. The characters were as deep as a frisbee and they missed the chance to really play into the 'ends justify the means arguement'. ESPECAILLY when the argument of just following orders came up.

4) The drama of the episode might have been better if they had killed a Jaffa that we knew or cared about on that first world. So many dead bodies don't mean much when they don't have faces.

5) Stupid thing to complain about, but Sam's wardrob in this episode was horrific for being on a stake out/op. Shinny? She's wearing a shinny fake looking leather thing?

I think the plot holes and general idiocy of this episode tops Affinity in my book. Worst episode this season. Mainly for what it could have been, but wasn't.

Comment

I thought this episode was horrible. I think season 8, minus 01, 02, 04, and 09 are horrible.

Comment

Whoa, whoa, whoa...forgive my naivte, but what the heck do they mean, "summer finale"?! The scifi website doesn't show any new episodes for a good month! When will new eps resume?!

Eek!

Comment

Sometime in January.....2005!!!!

Also, the "embarcation" room looks so empty without that big ring to the stars.

Comment

Originally posted by zats
                          Whoa, whoa, whoa...forgive my naivte, but what the heck do they mean, "summer finale"?! The scifi website doesn't show any new episodes for a good month! When will new eps resume?!

Eek!
                          January, it's the midseason break.

Comment

Originally posted by jburrows
                            Nice episode. Like the asgard gave us beam technoligy.

The only thing I would wonder is that instead of sam, daniel and tealc beam out of the alkesh why did they not simply take control of the alkesh since there only person control of other ship. Teal'c alone with 1 hand tied behind his back could take care 1 human female.
                            Hey...he could take ANYONE, not just a female. Ishta did a better job of kicking his butt than quite a few male jaffa could've. Always remember...a miss is as good as a male!

Sorry...feminism kicking in there for a moment...forgive me father, for I have sinned...

Comment

actually, we do know m'zel. he was in death knell....and i liked him. it sucks that he's dead

all in all, it wasn't too bad. the beginning was hysterical, gary's timing is perfect.

don't quite get daniel doing a military interrogation/investigation

the civilian takes statements from military folks????

I agree taht i have issues with jack being unable to make the tough decisions. he hesitated too long.
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X