• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode 13

Visit the Episode GuideDARK MATTER - SEASON ONE
    EPISODE 13
    EPISODE NUMBER - 113
    After the Android is attacked by an unknown assailant the crew's paranoia spikes, and allegiances shift as the person who wiped their memories is revealed -- and sabotage threatens the entire ship.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 30 August 2015, 09:04 PM.

Well now the secret is out! So Five did the memory wipe to help protect someone, I am assuming Six by the way he was kind to her before it all came down at the end.

When did Six start remembering more? Or is he really Six and not a clone? You never know what could have happened when he had that cloning experience several episodes back.

And 2 isn't really a nice person at all before the memory wipe!

I enjoyed the season finale very much!
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Good episode. yep looks like Five did the memory wipe-Six could be a clone hard to say but clones only last a short time so he would have had to be recently cloned.

found myself wondering if there was something in the drinks to make them more paranoid and distrustful(but supposedly One didn't take a drink) or if they naturally fell to distrusting one another.

Comment

I thought it obvious that Six is the one who did the memory wipe, all but himself that is, he just wanted Five to think she did it.

I watched all the episodes, but doubt I'll watch more if it gets renewed. Same goes for Killjoys.

Comment

Originally posted by Perelandra View Post
          Good episode. yep looks like Five did the memory wipe-Six could be a clone hard to say but clones only last a short time so he would have had to be recently cloned.
          True, that would make it hard for him to be a clone. Kind of curious if he really has regained any of his memories, or just enough to turn them all in? Or did he remember all along.

Originally posted by Perelandra
          found myself wondering if there was something in the drinks to make them more paranoid and distrustful(but supposedly One didn't take a drink) or if they naturally fell to distrusting one another.
          I think they just naturally are paranoid and distrustful of each other. Not having memories and then slowing find out bits and pieces about themselves can help bring that sense of paranoia and distrust.

I liked the fact that Six saved Five from being pushed out the airlock. That's probably where their friendship started and if he said she did the memory wipe to protect someone, she obviously learned something about him. Maybe his backstory was all a setup to infiltrate the group.

I couldn't quite tell who the mail voice was on the recording Five found. I thought it was Six, but couldn't tell.
          sigpic

Comment

Everything in this show was so predictable from the beginning to the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post

I couldn't quite tell who the mail voice was on the recording Five found. I thought it was Six, but couldn't tell.
              I thought it sounded somewhat like #4.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                I thought it sounded somewhat like #4.
                Yeah, could have been Four. I will have to listen again....I really couldn't tell but that might have just my ears and all the background noise at home.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                  Yeah, could have been Four. I will have to listen again....I really couldn't tell but that might have just my ears and all the background noise at home.
                  You ever think it was scrambled like that so we don't know who is?
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    You ever think it was scrambled like that so we don't know who is?
                    Yep, I did think of that too.
                    sigpic

Comment

Well, I think 6 is just really pissed
                      Spoiler:
                      he was one of the people who brought a thing that goes boom to a place and it kiled thousands of people there ...again. Then he definitely lost any hope they could ever change and realised it's best to turn them in.
                      Who did 5 want to save though is a more interesting question. 1, 3 or 6? (It was 4 talking on the recording.)

Comment

Yup, the recording sounded clearly like Four and Two to me.

Well, I'm disappointed with the two final episodes. At least we got to see how 'thorough' the crew was at searching the ship. Now I understand how most of the crew missed the Vault entirely in the first episodes. I understand why they still got boxes to open.
                        What I still don't undestand is what the crew has actually been doing the whole season on the ship. By the looks of it, everyone just shut themselves in their quarters and, umm, something... Except for the meals and except for Four's training and Six' gym sessions.
                        And what was the point of the out of the blue came 'old' man in Episode 12 other than ask for a second season to explain him?
                        Better yet, why did the actually develop ship designs for various corporations when we barely ever saw any of them? (That Galactic Authority destroyer - correct me if I'm wrong - was only shown partially from the side.)

Sigh. I'm pondering whether if I say I won't watch a potential season 2 I'll be able to hold my word. I don't think I've ever done anything like stopping to watch a TV show I started (even less so one that takes place on a spaceship) But if Dark Matter gets a second season and doesn't change, not watching is a sensible choice for me.

Comment

I will definitely not watch it if it will be renewed.

Comment

Originally posted by ESESEL View Post
                            Who did 5 want to save though is a more interesting question. 1, 3 or 6? (It was 4 talking on the recording.)
                            I am thinking that maybe it was Six that she wanted to save. Just the way he talked with her, his voice and mannerisms, it seemed like he knew something about it. Course it could be misdirection and the crew could have found out about One. Three seems like he fits in really well with the crew.

I guess we will find out more with a second season!
                            sigpic

Comment

I will be very angry if there's no season 2. The tension between the characters in the finale was believable and made all the more interesting after seeing them get closer over the course of the season. It was impossible to determine who the saboteur was because almost every character had a legitimate motive to betray them.

I felt very much in the shoes of the crew as they experienced confusion and paranoia over the situation, which is pretty rare in TV - it's often pretty apparent what the dynamic going on is and you can deduce things based on elementary writing logic. The murky backgrounds, motives, and former personalities of the cast paid off well here, and I'm interested in finding out more about each of them.

The bigger question of how they will conform to nature or be shaped by their new experiences remains an interesting one. Getting that taste of the ideal 'family' scenario where they can all work together makes the possibility of some of them being truly 'bad' an intriguing and sort of tragic idea.

This story could do so much in the future. Let it go on!

Comment

Working...
                              X