Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Maybe he is off killing emus
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

COVID restrictions and vaccine mandates are causing all sorts of merchandise and supply issues now... and globally, not just in the USA. Ships with shipping containers waiting to be brought into land for further transit and distribution cannot dock, due to shortage of workers and other restrictions.

Recent news also noted that many crews who have been stuck on those ships waiting for their turn in line have been waiting for weeks and running out of food supplies. They cannot go onto land for more food supplies, nor return to their countries of origin to be with their own families, either.

Went shopping for replacement slippers, since the ones I have got a hole in the bottom of the sole... Got the slippers I needed, but the store was barren enough to say it has not been restocked in a while. Merchandise items got spread out enough that you could duet dance between the aisles between the racks. That is NOT good. People were suggesting to stock up weeks ago, before the winter holidays come... forget it. Picking items is going to be few and farther between... it's already started getting sparse in some places.

THIS IS A MESS... TPTB caused it with their restrictions and mandates. But are also blaming the circumstances on everyone else adding to the aggravations of the various situations.

Comment

Originally posted by magi877 View Post
          I looked on at gatefans on the admin page.. gf76 used to come and lurk there, hasn't been there for awhile either. hope he just (only) got tired of forums.. well i haven't been here for awhile either, so
          I think I remember reading that gatefan76 and Annoyed both, at different times, got sick with COVID. Not sure if they survived that. Whatever it was that I read, Annoyed was pretty annoyed about being sick with it or the vaccine, too, whatever "it" was.

But there is always the possibility that there wasn't much more to discuss about COVID at the time, so they stayed out of the conversations, like I did...?

Comment

well, at least you got vaxxed despite what seems to be concerns? i dont know if there is much of any way for any Dr to determine if those lumps are from a vax or just coincidental to other health issues

i have had lumps on my body before, gone to the Dr only to have them look, push on it with their finger and say "aw, its nothing" and they eventually went away

i got the JJ 1 shot at the Vet Admin back in april-ZERO side effects

and since i have beebn doinga lot of reading on actual med data/ research, esp from Israel, the nation that was first to have so many of its pop total vaxxed-- like over 60% by march 1st -- and has been seeing breakthrough infections, though not that serious, among those vaxxed. leading the med ppl stating they believe the pfizer vax- most used in israel then- has a 6- 7 month efficacy period. that and me having several med issues, including a auto immune issue. i talked with both my VA dr and my local Dr and decided to get TOTALLY vaxxed-- no whimpy boosters!-- again with the moderna. second shot was at beginning of Sept

so 1 shot Jj in april= 1st total vax. 2 shot moderna aug.sept = 2nd total vax = doubelvaxxed! not messing around waiting for "gvt approval" and then the lines and appointments yo cannever seem to get made- ever again
            . . .{snipped for space}. . .

I have been telling ppl i know who got vaxxed 5 months ago or more to go back and get fully vaxxed again and not to wait for the Govt to announce or its going to be a crap show trying to schedule again..
            Okay for you, but definitely NOT for me. Even several nurses told me NO... don't do it! Even several other people who ARE super-duper PRO-vaccine supporters, told me NOT to get a booster. At least not for a year or more.

So, ummm. yeah... If I had both vaccines in separate arms, I might think the lumps were purely coincidental and caused from something else. However, I had both vaccines done in the same ONE arm only, because of the complaints from people saying how sore their arm was and they couldn't use it for squat. So, to use at least ONE arm without the problems attached, I had both vaccines done in the same ONE arm. The other one I needed to write and drive with, if necessary.

Problem is the UNvaccinated arm/armpit area looks as it always has... no lumps. The clear armpit is my safety / placebo test zone. Was affected prior to the vaccine and remains appearing within "normal to me" parameters. The other armpit one still has HALF of a fluid lump in it (over-sensitized lymph nodes?). Since May 2021. This is now mid-October 2021... more than 6 months later. Maybe a year after the vaccines were given, the afflicted armpit will look normal?

I have NO idea what things are lurking inside that fluid zone... if there are nano-bots that multiplied in there and are or were fighting to be released into the rest of my body or what. And the swollen armpit's artery/vein is still blown up (not skinny like it used to be). No blood clot in there either AFAIK. There are also occasional twinges of deep pain running across my chest over to the healthy arm. Plus, there have been a few new lumps along visible veins in my legs that seem to be swelling up. So, what is causing the swelling since I got vaccinated? No idea. Next would be biopsy. Not looking forward to that since it is in a super sensitive zone, AND nothing already done has pointed to anything specific that needs a needle to poke in and out of for sampling. Owww..!

Comment

Boosters will happen at some point, but at the moment only the vulnerable get an extra shot which is fine by me.

Pfizer studies show that the protection drops to about 50% after 6 months so I'm good until next year. If boosters are offered, I'll probably get in line for it.

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post

Okay for you, but definitely NOT for me. Even several nurses told me NO... don't do it! Even several other people who ARE super-duper PRO-vaccine supporters, told me NOT to get a booster. At least not for a year or more.

So, ummm. yeah... If I had both vaccines in separate arms, I might think the lumps were purely coincidental and caused from something else. However, I had both vaccines done in the same ONE arm only, because of the complaints from people saying how sore their arm was and they couldn't use it for squat. So, to use at least ONE arm without the problems attached, I had both vaccines done in the same ONE arm. The other one I needed to write and drive with, if necessary.

Problem is the UNvaccinated arm/armpit area looks as it always has... no lumps. The clear armpit is my safety / placebo test zone. Was affected prior to the vaccine and remains appearing within "normal to me" parameters. The other armpit one still has HALF of a fluid lump in it (over-sensitized lymph nodes?). Since May 2021. This is now mid-October 2021... more than 6 months later. Maybe a year after the vaccines were given, the afflicted armpit will look normal?

I have NO idea what things are lurking inside that fluid zone... if there are nano-bots that multiplied in there and are or were fighting to be released into the rest of my body or what. And the swollen armpit's artery/vein is still blown up (not skinny like it used to be). No blood clot in there either AFAIK. There are also occasional twinges of deep pain running across my chest over to the healthy arm. Plus, there have been a few new lumps along visible veins in my legs that seem to be swelling up. So, what is causing the swelling since I got vaccinated? No idea. Next would be biopsy. Not looking forward to that since it is in a super sensitive zone, AND nothing already done has pointed to anything specific that needs a needle to poke in and out of for sampling. Owww..!
                "nanobots"?ok yeah.. you're one of "them" got nothing more to say except stop spreading crazy around- Crazy!

Comment

"nanobots"?ok yeah.. you're one of "them" got nothing more to say except stop spreading crazy around- Crazy!
                  Nanobots? IDK... I just threw that out there, *just because*.
                  TBH, it's confusing trying to understand the terminology and how the mRNA vaccines actually work. I'm just saying *something* is holding EXCESS fluid growth in a spot that it shouldn't be. There are 2 theories behind this.

1 - the Lymph system is stressed out and fighting off the "virus" which supposedly / essentially does NOT exist in the mRNA vaccines, based on what I've read.
                  2 - protein markers that were mixed into the vaccine are looking for any COVID virus protein markers, and chase after those markers once the vaccine is spread thruout the body. But apparently, those protein searchers seem to be in some sort of limbo mode, where something is holding them all in one location.. So, did those multiply within the 2-weeks of being vaccinated or did they multiply beyond that time frame?

However, in my situation, something is STUCK in place in the armpit. Perhaps a few of those so-called protein marker thingies escaped into the bloodstream and traveled elsewhere into the body. But the majority of something is clogged or bunched up in the one location... which is the armpit of the arm where the vaccines were injected. No one in the medical field has yet adequately explained what is going on, especially when 3 different tests of that area were diagnosed to be "nothing abnormal seems to be showing up on the tests".

So, either the medical people are lying and something drastically serious is happening, or they REALLY do not know. Which leads me to think that any further testing done or biopsy performed will only be more money spent for nothing.

I do believe if I get a booster, the armpit will swell up again, all over. This has been 6 months since April 2021. I keep imagining the swelling as a balloon filling up with fluid until it reaches its breaking point... then POP! I'll be dead if that happens, since the artery/vein there comes from or goes to my heart. When my cardiologist isn't concerned about the swelling (he looked and said as much, probably because he's seen much, much worse), then I have to trust his medical assessment and judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Boosters will happen at some point, but at the moment only the vulnerable get an extra shot which is fine by me.

Pfizer studies show that the protection drops to about 50% after 6 months so I'm good until next year. If boosters are offered, I'll probably get in line for it.
                    I'm not worried about the virus. I'm more concerned with what caused the swelling in the first place. If the doctors won't say what *it* is, that in itself is worrisome. So, I'm still sticking to my vitamin regimen to fight whatever caused the swelling. Maybe it's the vitamins that are holding the mRNA protein markers back and in that one spot. IDK. I usually don't think about it, unless I get twinges of pain in certain areas. And that is because I am too busy doing other (more important!) things to bother thinking about it.

Sometimes, my vaccinated arm (vaccine area) feels like the day I got the serum injected into me. SORE, and it hurts. I know it isn't because I was doing heavy lifting or exercises, because I wasn't... so there's that little detail of observation too.

As far as being *forced* to get a booster eventually, I'll deal with it then. There are family relatives (and coworkers) who are overly paranoid if I don't get repeated vaccinations, so I'll get the booster to keep them happy and quiet, until I start complaining again if anything adverse happens. I might die from any future boosters, but the entire medical community knows by now that I have certain allergies, and this just might be one of them. I'll just be another statistic *Casualty* of the whole COVID war.

Comment

Nanobots? IDK... I just threw that out there, *just because*.
                      I, for one, am seriously disappointed that I have still have no superpowers after the shot. Not cool!

TBH, it's confusing trying to understand the terminology and how the mRNA vaccines actually work.
                      mRNA is quite simply the technique which teaches your cells, located in your lymph nodes, to build a protein, or part of one, to trigger an immune response in case of an infection. At the moment only in use against Covid-19 but the technology has potential in use against other ailments, such as the flu or HIV.

1 - the Lymph system is stressed out and fighting off the "virus" which supposedly / essentially does NOT exist in the mRNA vaccines, based on what I've read
                      It does not.

Contrary to flu shots which do contain a jumble of past strains in hopes that at least one of them is part of the season and helps contain the flood of sick people.

2 - protein markers that were mixed into the vaccine are looking for any COVID virus protein markers, and chase after those markers once the vaccine is spread thruout the body.
                      Nope, your own cells have to do the work here, unless they weren't paying attention in class.

Comment

Last Spring I tested positive for COVID because of the vaccine. Today I saw the doctor via telemed visit, and told her about every symptom I've had since last Friday. She had me get tested again for COVID, and I should know by the end of the day. UPDATE: I just got the call from the doctor, and tested negative for COVID. She said it's just some of the junk that's going around right now and suggested Mucinex tablets and lots of fluids. THANK GOD!
                        Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
                        (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

Originally posted by imzadi35 View Post
                          [B]Last Spring I tested positive for COVID because of the vaccine.
                          That is literally not possible, I'm afraid.

However...
                          (source: Myths and Facts about Covid-19, CDC)

None of the authorized and recommended COVID-19 vaccines cause you to test positive on viral tests, which are used to see if you have a current infection.​

If your body develops an immune response to vaccination, which is the goal, you may test positive on some antibody tests. Antibody tests indicate you had a previous infection and that you may have some level of protection against the virus.

Comment

Originally posted by imzadi35 View Post
                            Last Spring I tested positive for COVID because of the vaccine. Today I saw the doctor via telemed visit, and told her about every symptom I've had since last Friday. She had me get tested again for COVID, and I should know by the end of the day. UPDATE: I just got the call from the doctor, and tested negative for COVID. She said it's just some of the junk that's going around right now and suggested Mucinex tablets and lots of fluids. THANK GOD!
                            no covid vaxx will make you "test positive" for covid in the way you are suggesting! stop spreading around BUL1SH7T!!

Go to 4 chan or 8 chan or BSchan or RUMBLE and find your anti science dummy friends there

Comment

its a bit amazing how many people on a sci fi forum, who one would think would have an appreciation for science, actually seem to have ZERO understanding of it!

Comment

Thank you for making me feel like SH!T, folks! You really know how to hurt someone's feelings really well, don't you? I am the ONLY ONE who said that the vaccine made me pop positive, no one else, as I had just gotten the vaccine a day or two before I was tested positive for the stupid virus. I also had a bad bladder infection they found in our local ER that I didn't know about. So I'm not spreading around BS, as you said I was. Get your information right BEFORE you say anything that destroys someone's feelings!
                                Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
                                (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

Working...
                                X