Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• imzadi35
    replied
    NASA is gearing up for a dramatic Mars test flight of Ingenuity as soon as April 8.

Leave a comment:

• imzadi35
    replied
    The one-tonne robot wiggles its wheels before rolling forwards across Jezero Crater's dusty terrain.

Leave a comment:

• planet_tv
    replied
    Originally posted by imzadi35 View Post
    I read about that. I thought it was interesting! If you had the chance after it was built, would you go?
    I don't know if I would or not.

Leave a comment:

• imzadi35
    replied
    Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
    I read about that. I thought it was interesting! If you had the chance after it was built, would you go?

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
    As for Mars, I think we should, but for research purposes only as the Mars rovers can only do so much, and only when a lot of the travel time can be shaved off of the time from Earth to Mars and back.
    I agree. Maybe not live there, but for research only.

Leave a comment:

• planet_tv
    replied
    NASA's Parker Solar Probe captures stunning Venus photo during close flyby
    Here's a bigger picture on Twitter: https://twitter.com/SPACEdotcom/stat...569665/photo/1

I happened to see this while on space.com's website: Company plans to start building private Voyager space station with artificial gravity in 2025

As for Mars, I think we should, but for research purposes only as the Mars rovers can only do so much, and only when a lot of the travel time can be shaved off of the time from Earth to Mars and back.
    Last edited by planet_tv; February 27, 2021, 03:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• imzadi35
    replied
    Do you all think we should land on Mars? My MIL doesn't think so. She thinks we should leave it alone. What are your thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• imzadi35
    replied
    It was a 3D photo he made with the Oculus Quest 2 / Quest 1 VR headset. Here's the link to the photo, if that helps... It's really cool! (It says Facebook in the link, but click on it, and it goes to the photo.) Otherwise, look for Hugh Hou's Mars 360 photo.
    Last edited by imzadi35; February 26, 2021, 02:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    I'll go look for it on Facebook.

I'm loving all the manipulations people posted about what it was that Perseverance first saw when it landed. The one with the Jawa from Star Wars made me laugh the hardest so far.

Leave a comment:

• imzadi35
    replied
    Someone on my Facebook feed named Hugh Hou, took NASA's panoramic photos from the Perseverance Rover, and made a 360 degree photo of them. It's so cool! Wish I could post it here, but I can't.

Leave a comment:

• imzadi35
    replied
    NASA released stunning new video for the first time Monday from its Perseverance rover's audacious landing on Mars last week. The footage, shot from multiple cameras, captures the rover's entry, descent and landing on the red planet's Jezero Crater on Feb. 18. "This is the first time we’ve been able to actually capture an event like the landing of a spacecraft on Mars," Michael Watkins, the director of NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL), said in a news conference Monday, adding that he hopes the video will bring viewers along on the journey.

Leave a comment:

• imzadi35
    replied
    Me too, FH!

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    In the meantime, the helicopter has also given a sign it's doing well.

I'm so excited for this mission.

Leave a comment:

• imzadi35
    replied
    This is exciting!
    Nasa's Mars Perseverance rover has sent back its first colour images from the surface of the Red Planet. The space agency also released a dramatic image of the Mars Perseverance rover being lowered onto the surface during its landing on Thursday. The image (below), unveiled during a press briefing on Friday, was taken by the descent stage that placed the vehicle on the ground. Adam Steltzner, Mars 2020 chief engineer, told the briefing he hoped the image of the rover landing would become as iconic as the picture of Buzz Aldrin on the moon in 1969, the image of Saturn seen from Voyager 1 or the Pillars of Creation taken by the Hubble Telescope.

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    Originally posted by imzadi35 View Post
    So here's a question for you all. They did a movie in Hollywood about Apollo 13, and it was a great movie, too! Anyway, do any of you know about any other movies or documentaries about any of the other moon landings?
    National Geographic Channel does miniseries about the space race, based on true facts.

Leave a comment:

• imzadi35
    replied
    So here's a question for you all. They did a movie in Hollywood about Apollo 13, and it was a great movie, too! Anyway, do any of you know about any other movies or documentaries about any of the other moon landings?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X